Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Since I didn't really get to know Cassie until the Rucka run essentially, I'm rather partial to the bare midriff look. I like the red pants and top. It's an easy, "believable" look, with a bit of superhero flair still. But then, because I didn't see her as a geeky misfit type, her being basically Connor's girlfriend wasn't an issue for me. She never seemed "Britney Spears"-ish really. Maybe in one or two issues somewhere, but overall, not really.

The Wonder Girls has never felt particularly necessary in the overall scheme of things, but at least Cassie had a good arc and grew into her role. I suppose one could say the same of Donna, but her story is so complicated and she keeps coming in and out so...
    I like to use Nightwing as an analogy because the sidekick thing fits both... and they both look drastically different afterwards. And also both got serious love interests.

I concur that Tom King was surprisingly accurate with his description of what Cassie is all about. Everyone should take note.

A thread discussing the feminization of Cassie and the issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I concur that Tom King was surprisingly accurate with his description of what Cassie is all about. Everyone should take note.
    What was accurate about it exactly?

This strikes me as a hit piece written by someone who doesn't LIKE the concept of character development, and despite understanding the how/why things changed just want to rage anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He recognized that in Cassie's origin she didn't wanna be "feminine" and yet she idolized Wonder Woman, a very feminine princess, but in a non conforming way. And Cassie is so stringly motivated by Diana that she takes the moniker "Wonder Girl" in testimony of Diana's stance.

Plus he focussed Cassie's strength as coming from her making someone give her the power (rather than some kind of divine bloodline)

The way I see it, Cassie is a non-conforming person that surrounds herself in feminine strength as a champion of it, without being part of it

And Tom King said about 70% of the things I consider important to Cassie. Not perfect, but pretty good. Other writers should take notes.

I agree with most of the things written in that twitter thread you linked to.

AND HER DESIGN STILL SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This strikes me as a hit piece written by someone who doesn't LIKE the concept of character development, and despite understanding the how/why things changed just want to rage anyways.
    Oh I disagree with you there. Cassie became less of herself with every writer that picked her up.

I still think the Invisible armor from the new 52 was cool, just needed a different outfit

A 19-year-old woman doesn't dress like her 13-year-old self, shouldn't be surprising. I had friends who were obsessed with Avril Lavigne at 13 and dressed just like her. Five years later, you couldn't see them dressing like that anymore.

People go through phases and have different tastes at different stages of their lives. Cassie growing into a more feminine woman is not strange in any way.

However, her New 52 portrayal is a different matter entirely.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    A 19-year-old woman doesn't dress like her 13-year-old self, shouldn't be surprising. I had friends who were obsessed with Avril Lavigne at 13 and dressed just like her. Five years later, you couldn't see them dressing like that anymore.

People go through phases and have different tastes at different stages of their lives. Cassie growing into a more feminine woman is not strange in any way.

And Cassie's demeanor isn't even generally different. She wears what is by DC superhero standards.... tomboy attire. Let's do a quick comparison!

That is the gold standard here. By THAT^ standard is this a "sexy" outfit?

I agree with most of their points, except the one about King. At least he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Does anyone miss New 52 Cassie the cat burglar?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone miss New 52 Cassie the cat burglar?
    Who???????

And Cassie's demeanor isn't even generally different. She wears what is by DC superhero standards.... tomboy attire. Let's do a quick comparison!

That is the gold standard here. By THAT^ standard is this a "sexy" outfit?
    Cassie’s like “who gonna check me boo?”

I’ve never gotten tomboy from Cassie other than her first appearance really

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I’ve never gotten tomboy from Cassie other than her first appearance really
    That's because that's literally all there is and I chalk that up to Byrne's art, not her personality.

As a counter-point though.... This quote is like having the original creator of dick Grayson talk about how he's unhappy they made Dick into Nightwing. Sure, YOU wrote her as 14 when you introduced her, cool... she's not going to stay 14. It's like with Nightwing... she grows up and then she looks like a demi-goddess.

Oh yeah, Byrne also wrote her as needing all those magic relics to have powers too. The demi-goddess thing was a retcon.
    Byrne isn't complaining about her not staying 14.