Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's not how I would describe it at all. She dressed in a way that represented what mattered to her.

I don't want Cassie to look the way she did in the 90s, but I disagree with how she developed in the 2000s, because I don't think it represented the best parts of her, and because the message it sends is the opposite of what she meant originally
    It's clear that you misinterpret messages though, no offense. Different people see things differently and that's okay.

The story people here were referencing literally ends like this.
    "You don't need lipstick and hotpants to like yourself, and the girls in school seem to agree"
    (it is written by Mark Millar though, so I would be careful with how much attention you pay to it)

So clearly I did understand the message of the story

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

The story people here were referencing literally ends like this.
    "You don't need lipstick and hotpants to like yourself, and the girls in school seem to agree"
    (it is written by Mark Millar though, so I would be careful with how much attention you pay to it)

So clearly I did understand the message of the story
    Of the story yes, but not the long term implications. She prettied up gradually for herself and eventually got Superboy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think one of the great things about Cassie is that she can go in either direction. She's very verse

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Cassie's transformation, for lack of a better word at the moment, is really a natural progression for a lot of girls growing up. They see who they think is pretty and what they consider beautiful and try to emulate that. One of the best real world examples is Dolly Parton. She tells the story of when she was little, there was a woman in her town whom she thought was the perfect example of beauty. She was always dressed just so and had her make up on and her hair done (up real big because that was the fifties) and when Dolly got into the business she began to emulate what she remembered as beautiful. The woman in her town just so happened to be the town prostitute, but Dolly still thought she was amazing. As Dolly has aged and grown, her look has maintained some of that but she's also adjusted and refined her look and style.
    Cassie's story is similar to that...she started out dressing in how she thought she looked amazing. As Cassie's character has grown, she's done the same. The main problem is there's a very vocal contingent who do not want characters to grow or change, it's not inherently bad or wrong, we like our characters the way we perceive them and how we met them, but for some characters growth is hard on them Imagine how people would have flipped out had we had the internet when Dick Grayson changed from Robin to Nightwing! Cassie needs her Nightwing moment or her Troia moment. Unfortunately she's stuck in the same quagmire that Tim Drake and Conner are.....
    This is why I don't hate the Silent Armor. It's a unique look that... on someone 20+ is actually a good look.... which is how she got drawn while wearing it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I don't hate the Silent Armor just everything about the book wasn't interesting.

Take it, do a slight rework with the Cassie we know and go from there.