Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Ares storyline. It didn't accomplish anything to me, just felt like it was meant to force a wedge between Cassie and Diana, but we never got to see how where it could've gone. Plus, it was during that period where Diana wasn't "human" and "too perfect". Which I didn't like.
    I didn't see Ares as the reason for that separation though. I don't think Ares's end-game was to hurt Diana, but rather to further his own agendas in ways not directly related.

So Donna has the name Troia. Does Cassie only have the name wonder girl or have they ever tried to change it

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Donna has the name Troia. Does Cassie only have the name wonder girl or have they ever tried to change it
    Oddly enough, as much as the New52 TITANS Cassie was all "Don't call me Wonder Girl!", I don't think she suggested any other name....
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I didn't see Ares as the reason for that separation though. I don't think Ares's end-game was to hurt Diana, but rather to further his own agendas in ways not directly related.
    He was definitely driving a wedge between them though, but again, Johns never picked back up the idea for Cassie nor referenced the storyline ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Oddly enough, as much as the New52 TITANS Cassie was all "Don't call me Wonder Girl!", I don't think she suggested any other name....
    Cassie in that run saying "don't call me Wonder Girl" is like Superman in Hitch's JL always needing to bring up Lois and Jon, it got old real fast.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 04-21-2024 at 08:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Since Diana hasnt used it in forever and they are trying to ignore the Zeus origin...I think they should give the lightning bolt bit over to Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Since Diana hasnt used it in forever and they are trying to ignore the Zeus origin...I think they should give the lightning bolt bit over to Cassie.
    Diana really could've used that a few issues ago to take out the tanks. It's probably wherever the second Gauntlet of Atlas is, in limbo, but it would be a cool weapon for Cassie.

Someone should do a thread on favorite magical artifacts, like Kane Milohai's floating seashell and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Does Cassie still have a Lasso of Lightning?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Does Cassie still have a Lasso of Lightning?
    Nope. It's m.i.a.

Red Riding Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Red Riding Hood.
    "Red Hood" would play into the briefly considered Titans legacy franchise name swap theme - a Wonder taking a Bat name!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-24-2024 at 07:50 PM.

Incredible Member

I flipped through the first issue of Cassie's brief Wonder Girl series while at a CBS and yikes....the art was super weird. I instantly remembered why I put it back up on the shelf when it first came out.

And the story featured Hercules, not Herakles.

Makes you wish Phil J could have written it. Would have at least kept continuity consistent.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I flipped through the first issue of Cassie's brief Wonder Girl series while at a CBS and yikes....the art was super weird. I instantly remembered why I put it back up on the shelf when it first came out.

Makes you wish Phil J could have written it. Would have at least kept continuity consistent.
    Sorry you weren't able to apprciate the art, Sanford Greene did an awesome job on the series I thought. Plus when you consider that DC has long used Hercules as one of their characters and even occasionally tied him (albeit loosely) to Wonder Woman, it did fit with continuity. I will never turn down a Wonder book written or drawn by Phil but Joe Torres and Sandford Greene really did a fantastic job on the book. I wish there had been follow up on the series with the Olympian becoming a friend and sort of guardian/trainer for Cassie.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

I loved Sanford Greene's art on Wonder Girl, it had kinetic cartoony quality that was great!

A WonderButch rumination on Cassie's relationship with Femininity from a Lesbian fan's perspective...

A WonderButch rumination on Cassie's relationship with Femininity from a Lesbian fan's perspective...
    Thank you! That was very enlightening!