Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Same color scheme? Their clothes couldn't be anymore different. Only colors that are close is the red of Cassies shirt and Kara's cape
    Like, it's not literally the same, but it's still red, blue and yellow. Yeah, yeah, it's Diana's colors too, but you can't confuse her with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Cassie had everything first, and Supergirl factored into Cassie's stories more than vice versa.
    Kara is still the OG blonde, pretty girl in red and blue who flies around and punches things. Coming after Cassie in the Post-Crisis continuity doesn't erase the past history.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Cassie can have long hair and be tough.
    I think every comic book fan knows women can be tough and feminine. But not every single woman has to be feminine. Same goes for men. I can't think of a single feminine male superhero in DC. Maybe Bunker, but even that's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Like, it's not literally the same, but it's still red, blue and yellow. Yeah, yeah, it's Diana's colors too, but you can't confuse her with Supergirl.
    I think they still look pretty distinct from each other when put right next to each other on the cover.
    I think every comic book fan knows women can be tough and feminine. But not every single woman has to be feminine. Same goes for men. I can't think of a single feminine male superhero in DC. Maybe Bunker, but even that's a stretch.
    Circuit-Breaker?

I guess for me it's not that I don't think a female character has to be feminine so much as I think Cassie's character development is still valid...unless you really think they should've just stuck hard with her being an absolute tomboy. Though I feel like she can be both.

I think they still look pretty distinct from each other when put right next to each other on the cover.
    For me it's the opposite. It's not as noticeable when they're apart, but put them next to each other...literally clones. Even Power Girl looks more distinct from Kara, even though they're technically the same person.

Circuit-Breaker?
    Who?

I guess for me it's not that I don't think a female character has to be feminine so much as I think Cassie's character development is still valid...unless you really think they should've just stuck hard with her being an absolute tomboy. Though I feel like she can be both.
    I'm fine with her not being a tomboy (though I'd prefer it) as long as she doesn't look like a Supergirl clone.

Circuit-Breaker?
    Who?
    Jules Jourdain, a recently created superhero who identifies as transmasculine (he goes by he/they pronouns. I think they are possibly the very first superhero of transmasculine experience in a comic book from Marvel or DC). He is a conduit for the Still Force, a sorta opposite number to the Speed Force, and their powers are still, to me, unclear. I have looked around the net, and I still haven't found an exact description of what Circuit Breaker's powers are.

Cassie had everything first, and Supergirl factored into Cassie's stories more than vice versa.
    What does that have to do with how they made Cassie look exactly like Supergirl with different clothes?

Even Power Girl looks more distinct from Kara, even though they're technically the same person.
    That is so true.

Had what first? Long blonde hair? Supergirl had that when she debuted, long before Cassie was created.

And this isn't about who appeared in whose stories more.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What does that have to do with how they made Cassie look exactly like Supergirl with different clothes?
    Zatanna looks like Diana in different clothes. Dinah looks Supergirl in different clothes. List goes on. It always up to the artist.

Or is that Donna?

This was Supergirl before Kara returned

Cassie doesnt need to change her look because they brought back Kara Zor-El and put her in a semi more traditional Super costume or long blonde hair. She had a hair cut in New52 didnt she? So does Cassies look depend on what Kara looks like forever?

Is Stephanie considered a Kara clone now as well?

Extraordinary Member

Remember how she looked in World Without Young Justice crossover?
    Dionysus influenced?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Zatanna looks like Diana in different clothes. Dinah looks Supergirl in different clothes. List goes on. It always up to the artist.
    And Cassie specifically avoided that problem when she was introduced. Now she doesn't. Now she is another example of it

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And Cassie specifically avoided that problem when she was introduced. Now she doesn't. Now she is another example of it
    Same could be said about Dinah. She was a short haired brunette in a wig. Turning to the bottle and growing her hair out hasn't hurt her.

Give me a good design and storyline... that's all I ask for

That's a very complicated example, since the hair made her look exactly like other blonde dc superheroes, what you are discussing is the secret identity, and I don't if the fact that her secret identity looked more distinct

Plus black Canary did have a period in the 80s where she had a very unique hairstyle, with short hair and a headband,

So I don't know what to tell you there.

With Cassie it's way more clear cut

When cassie had a black wig shd looked distinct, but not as distinct as her secret identity, but both were better than looking like a clone

Sure when she had her black wig she was the only white female sidekick with black hair on YJ. She then also looks like a variation of Donna/Diana. When she threw it out and stayed blonde...she was distinct amongst the WW fam as being the only blonde.

But even if they kept her with short blonde hair...what if there is a bob revolution? She becomes a "clone" again.

Clones make up majority of DC. Put all the blondes in the room and they look alike. Same with brunettes, red heads...put Barbara/Ivy/Mera together and in civilian clothes. All long red hair. Are they clones of Barbara?

So we pick the worst option?

Plus look at this fan design, it looks great, and totally true to Cassie