Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's shocking to me to say this, but Tom King wrote a really spot on Cassie Sandsmark. I do like that he addressed in that page that she was a tomboy and she became "a princess girl" because of her admiration of Diana. He revealed more growth for her character than has been shown in years in that one page.
    Now..proper costume and codename. I do think Fury fits her personality quite well. Can we get Dan Mora to design it?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Incredible Member

Who's her "official" father nowadays? Based on the dialogue, it seems to be back to Zeus and not Lennox.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Who's her "official" father nowadays? Based on the dialogue, it seems to be back to Zeus and not Lennox.
    Who knows. Its been alluded to as Zeus but DC doesnt flat out state anything nowadays. They dont want to bet tied to a specific origin anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's shocking to me to say this, but Tom King wrote a really spot on Cassie Sandsmark. I do like that he addressed in that page that she was a tomboy and she became "a princess girl" because of her admiration of Diana. He revealed more growth for her character than has been shown in years in that one page.
    Now..proper costume and codename. I do think Fury fits her personality quite well. Can we get Dan Mora to design it?
    Oh man, Dan Mora would do an amazing Cassie redesign...

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I’d like to see her move on from Wonder Girl … and take on the name Fury.

Maybe with an updated costume similar to Lyta Trevor’s.
    I've been saying that since Yara's debut. If they're pushing a new Wonder Girl, don't bury the old one. Push her under another name. And Fury's been vacant for over a decade since Lyta and her husband, one of the previous Doctor Fates, passed. And Cassie happens to be blonde like Lyta was! The Fury identity would be perfect for her, and result in a more grown up look for her (she shouldn't still be a teenager, she ought to be 22 by now, going by Tim and Damian's pre-Flashpoint age gap and Damian's current age, and assuming Tim and Cassie are the same age).

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I thought the same. Previous issues indicate Diana's back to the clay origin, which of course means Cassie can revert to her pre-Flashpoint origin too. I notice Cassie doesn't refer to Diana as her aunt in this issue. Instead, she's back to being the fangirl that became her sidekick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've been saying that since Yara's debut. If they're pushing a new Wonder Girl, don't bury the old one. Push her under another name. And Fury's been vacant for over a decade since Lyta and her husband, one of the previous Doctor Fates, passed. And Cassie happens to be blonde like Lyta was! The Fury identity would be perfect for her, and result in a more grown up look for her (she shouldn't still be a teenager, she ought to be 22 by now, going by Tim and Damian's pre-Flashpoint age gap and Damian's current age, and assuming Tim and Cassie are the same age).
    Yes, but Lyta Milton exists. But that's a completely different Lyta. So Lyta Milton really has no reason to use Fury. I'd rather see Lyta Milton than Lyta Trevor. Lyta Trevor feels like an alt-future character. Hmm.... Cassie(and/or Donna) and Lyta Milton could be a sort of foster home sort of thing in Teen Titans I guess.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, but Lyta Milton exists. But that's a completely different Lyta. So Lyta Milton really has no reason to use Fury. I'd rather see Lyta Milton than Lyta Trevor. Lyta Trevor feels like an alt-future character. Hmm.... Cassie(and/or Donna) and Lyta Milton could be a sort of foster home sort of thing in Teen Titans I guess.
    Does Lyta Milton still exist in this universe?

If DC is going to actually let Lyta Trevor stay retired to the Dreaming with Hector and Daniel, there's no reason that Cassie can't use Fury then. It certainly fits her personality as the more aggressive of the Wonder Girls.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Does Lyta Milton still exist in this universe?

If DC is going to actually let Lyta Trevor stay retired to the Dreaming with Hector and Daniel, there's no reason that Cassie can't use Fury then. It certainly fits her personality as the more aggressive of the Wonder Girls.
    They already let E2 Donna/Dianas daughter use Fury so it definitely seems up to play but no one looking to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

The skirt was always a bit much.

The bottom right is an underrated Cassie look in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

It’s good to see Cassie fully utilized in the Wonder Woman and Amazons Attack titles, when 6 months ago we were worked that her death would be a pet if the event. Or that she was the only Young Justice member not being used.

It doesn't matter what she wears, Cassie Sandsmark is such a awesome Wonder Girl. I just love the evolution of her look and design. I also love how she's punching her fist into her hand. You show off how tough you are, girl!
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 01-23-2024 at 10:38 AM.

So I checked out Wonder Woman issue 5, I know I'm late but wow! Just wow!spoilers:
    Cassie's arm wrestling match brought a tear to my eye. This is why she's my favorite Wonder Girl. Hearing of how she became a princess girl. The banter between her and Diana. The artwork showing their expressions and Cassie's determination to join her mentor in her war and not giving up until the bitter end. This is why I love Cassie Sandsmark. She may not be the strongest Amazon but she's got heart. I absolutely love her characterization in the issue. Even after losing she and the other Wonder Girls remained defiant. Love it! Love it all!
    end of spoilers Long live Wonder Girl!