Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So I checked out Wonder Woman issue 5, I know I'm late but wow! Just wow!spoilers:
    Cassie's arm wrestling match brought a tear to my eye. This is why she's my favorite Wonder Girl. Hearing of how she became a princess girl. The banter between her and Diana. The artwork showing their expressions and Cassie's determination to join her mentor in her war and not giving up until the bitter end. This is why I love Cassie Sandsmark. She may not be the strongest Amazon but she's got heart. I absolutely love her characterization in the issue. Even after losing she and the other Wonder Girls remained defiant. Love it! Love it all!
    end of spoilers Long live Wonder Girl!
    She's a demi god so I'd say she definitely is stronger than them all apart from Di and maybe Nubia

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She's a demi god so I'd say she definitely is stronger than them all apart from Di and maybe Nubia
    Yara is also a demi god, she is daughter of the River God.
    And Donna, who knows, she might still have connections to the Titans gods.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah if Donna is currently a demi-Titan, then hard to say... she might actually be stronger than WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    True. Though it doesnt seem like Yara was as gifted as Cassie was...that we've seen thus far.

YES!!! I loved that story arc with Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    YES!!! I loved that story arc with Cassie.
    DC needs to get them back together and give us some quality stories with them again, both together and seperately.

Also Jon needs someone to call him out for being his fathers clone and becoming his own person like Cass did with Kon.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Loved this issue so much and the whole Superboy Rebirth arc. I've never gotten the complaints about Kon and Cassie as a couple, what they needed was to be the Scott/Jean power couple on an older Titans/YJ team rather than there for the angst. Folks complain about Johns but honestly I think the writers after him on TT were the ones who really dropped the ball with Cassie and then their relationship when Conner rejoined. Johns' problem was killing off Conner meant that had to be a big deal for Cassie, before he died she was hardly what most fans complain about.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

In the discussion of Cassie's costume, little is ever said about her headband...pretty much a staple in any redesign. lol. However, I really like that the artist here added the laurel leaves as a nod to the Olympian heritage.
    GF03oEOaMAAt3Li.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Mighty Member

Also an old YJ interview with David on Kon, Cassie and the series overall.

https://yobrepus.tripod.com/news3.html#TOP

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    In the discussion of Cassie's costume, little is ever said about her headband...pretty much a staple in any redesign. lol. However, I really like that the artist here added the laurel leaves as a nod to the Olympian heritage.
    GF03oEOaMAAt3Li.jpg
    It's kind of cute here .

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah if Donna is currently a demi-Titan, then hard to say... she might actually be stronger than WW.
    Gotta love how people on this site assume WW is weaker in her own franchise, based on what?

Nubia has no impressive feats of anything. She literally looks like your average super human in everything she does.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Nubia has no impressive feats of anything. She literally looks like your average super human in everything she does.
    She was cool in her own comic .

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Also an old YJ interview with David on Kon, Cassie and the series overall.

https://yobrepus.tripod.com/news3.html#TOP
    NIK: What was your inspiration for your very popular decision to start pushing Kon-El & Cassie into a relationship?

PAD: It wasn't any sort of conscious inspiration, so much as it was working on a "juvenile" level with a pairing that many people have mused/written about on an adult level (namely Superman and Wonder Woman.) But between Superboy's cockiness and Cassie's naivite, I figured it would make for some potentially interesting developments.

NIK: What do you feel that Kon-El sees in Cassie and what do you think Cassie sees in Kon-El?

PAD: I'm not sure he sees anything in Cassie yet. I don't even think he's really aware of how she feels about him. And Cassie just thinks he's incredibly cool. I don't think they're remotely at the stage of love.

NIK: What has been the reaction from the editors and writers of SUPERBOY and WONDER WOMAN on this relationship?

PAD: They seem rather willing to play off it, seeing how it develops. Still, as much as the fans are taking this and running with it, I have no intention of turning the book into Young Heroes in Love. The relationships should play a part, but not become THE keynote of the book.

NIK: How much control do you have over this relationship? Could Karl Kesel or Eric Luke essentially kill it?

PAD: Well, it would be more along the lines that the editor of those books would say, "We're squelching it" and I'd have to deal with the fallout. But no one seems moved to do that at this point.

NIK: If you had the chance to write the SUPERBOY or a WONDER GIRL series, would you like too?

PAD: Nah. I'm happy with what I'm doing.

NIK: What makes Wonder Girl a great heroine in your mind?

PAD: She's an ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances and rising to the occasion.
    Since their relationship blossomed into a full blown real relationship, would be great to give them a Superboy/WG title. Fighting crime and living life as young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was cool in her own comic .
    But somebody suggested she is stronger than cassi, and nubia's feats are nothing impressive to suggest she is more than average super human level