Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I understand it. I'm not against the concept. I'm against that this is too many times we've seen his dying as iphus signature move based on Marvel executives decisions. Like they did nothing g with his character up to this point. There is no attachment from me to this Gambit. He's literally done nothing the whole show and now more episodes where he won't even be in them

I feel like we have been burned enough where Marvel has to prove they changed. They have done nothing to change. Sam we executives same writers same stories. Gail is just another writer in the Marvel machine. Thinking these writers are going to change marvels overall goals of swan song stories I think is just not being realistic.
    I dont really recall Gambit dying all that much at least not in a meaningful way. Then again I never read King of X or any of the recent comics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Gambit was a freakin’ boss in today’s X-men ‘97. Loved his showing in this episode. I think he probably cemented himself as a major fan favorite for many viewers.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah forgive me mon ami bit choosing him after making out with Mags in front of the whole world doesnt sit well with me but to each his own.
    The world got to see what a sh—ty kisser he was. Even after all that seductive dancing it was like….”Hm…yah know what, no thanks.” It was THAT BAD.

I kid.

Gambit is the KING today and ain’t nothing gonna tear me down.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The world got to see what a sh—ty kisser he was. Even after all that seductive dancing it was like….”Hm…yah know what, no thanks.” It was THAT BAD.

I kid.

Gambit is the KING today and ain’t nothing gonna tear me down.
    LMFAO! Yeah came to her senses too late.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    They just gave Gambit one of the greatest hero moments this franchise has ever seen.
    absolutely agree. One of the best moments in Xmen history and after 30 years and Gambit finally gets a big heroic moment that puts all the other characters to shame.

Agree with Remydat all the way. Rogue didn’t deserve him and never did. This is Gambits moment, she’s irrelevant, despite him saving her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    LMFAO! Yeah came to her senses too late.
    I disagree, I think Gambit came to his senses too late. He could've scored a date on Genosha if he came to his senses before the trip.

Remember it is 9.8 on IMDB and is the highest rated episode so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Remember it is 9.8 on IMDB and is the highest rated episode so far.

9.8 is insane. Whatever I feel about the upcoming episodes I’m taking a moment and enjoying this big moment for Remy.

The vindictive part of me would want to take Quesada and all the other anti-Gambit dudebros from over the years and rub their noses in that 9.8 score. Like really grind it right up their nasal passages until fuchsia pink leaks from their tear ducts.

But I will embody Gambit’s generous spirit and practice forgiveness (while also talking sh-t out the side of my mouth). [displeased Cajun sounds]

The vindictive part of me would want to take Quesada and all the other anti-Gambit dudebros from over the years and rub their noses in that 9.8 score. Like really grind it right up their nasal passages until fuchsia pink leaks from their tear ducts.

But I will embody Gambit’s generous spirit and practice forgiveness (while also talking sh-t out the side of my mouth). [displeased Cajun sounds]
    Your posts bring me joy

btw, can someone please explain to me, why so many comic book writers don't like Gambit? (at least until recently)
    I was absolutely shocked by some of the quotes I found on Reddit and Twitter about Gambit from some professional writers/editors.
    Last edited by staptik777; 04-15-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    btw, can someone please explain to me, why so many comic book writers don't like like Gambit? (at least until recently)
    I was absolutely shocked by some of the quotes I found on Reddit and Twitter about Gambit from some professional writers/editors.
    It's an era thing. People who grew up reading the 80s comics hated the 90s comics. Now as we age the 90s readers are in charge.

The vindictive part of me would want to take Quesada and all the other anti-Gambit dudebros from over the years and rub their noses in that 9.8 score.
    Did Quesada hate Gambit? I never heard of that

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Did Quesada hate Gambit? I never heard of that
    He cancelled Gambit solo that had 25 issues, 2 annuals and was outselling Deadpool, Hulk and Black Widow books because he thoutgh that there were too many X books.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    btw, can someone please explain to me, why so many comic book writers don't like like Gambit? (at least until recently)
    I actually read decent meta about this lately - it compared Remy’s popularity to Dick Grayson’s at DC and how it infuriated the dudes in those offices because they felt both were popular (and especially with women) for the “wrong” reasons lol. I’ll try to find it later.

But, my take is mostly:

Think about the demographic most widely represented among those writers.

Now, think about Gambit.

He isn’t a generic male self insert power fantasy. He’s especially beloved by female fans. Add in that most of these dudes also hate comic book romances beyond anything that isn’t just their self insert making out with whichever cartoon girl they’ve had a crush on since grade school (hence why even some of those who do like him think it would be oh so great if he was an unattached James Bond type with a trail of pining and/or fridged women in his wake, while they also prefer Rogue with men either much older (cough) and/or having some sort of power imbalance over her).

Anyway. Between the cartoon and the (alleged) Deadpool cameo, Gambit fever is only gonna pick up more steam. And I can’t wait for it to burrow under the skin of all those weirdos who’ve tried to kill him off or mocked his fans all these years.