Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Also do we know if DeMayo finished writing second season before he got fired?
    Yeah, he was planning for season 3 before he got fired. But season 2 is still in production.

Voice acting for season 2 started early last year. Also Lenore and AJ were in the studio together last year recording, which means there is Gambit-related stuff next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Yeah, he was planning for season 3 before he got fired. But season 2 is still in production.

Voice acting for season 2 started early last year. Also Lenore and AJ were in the studio together last year recording, which means there is Gambit-related stuff next season.
    Thanks! I hope he finds a way to return to Marvel and continue work for S3.

Sparta, what do you think makes Dethbit as higher chances than time travel return?
    I kinda think that I rule out Deathbit more because I don`t like it?

I think that Storm may be that second choice of character who could die instead of Gambit in ep5. If burning globe is really a hint about New Sun so maybe he really would be ressurected just to be used by Sinister as weapon? Storm kinda could fit that plot as ressurected weapon too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-23-2024 at 04:37 AM.

Sparta, what do you think makes Dethbit as higher chances than time travel return?
    I kinda think that I rule out Deathbit more because I don`t like it?

I think that Storm may be that second choice of character who could die instead of Gambit in ep5. If burning globe is really a hint about New Sun so maybe he really would be ressurected just to be used by Sinister as weapon? Storm kinda could fit that plot as ressurected weapon too.
    It could be a mix of both, I'm looking at the Cable connections which are:

- Cable first appeared in XTAS when he saved Gambit (in Genosha of all places).
    - They both say "Remember it". Beau acknowledged this on Twitter.
    - Old Gambit VA and New Cable VA is Chris Potter.
    - Rogue calls him "bright eyes" which is the title of ep 7.
    - Rogue delivered Cable when he was born.
    - Rogue and Cable working together would be a nod to a Lenore Zann and Chris Potter reunion. (Beau's very much into these details).

Cable could ask Rogue to join him in time-travel to save everyone (and Gambit). Or Cable goes on his own to the Gala (like before) but this time he seeks out Rogue (instead of Maddie) while she's preparing for the Gala/dance and warns her. Asking her to absorb his mind and she'll see the events unfolding. So Rogue changes things, instead of dancing with Magneto she grabs Gambit instead to stop the attack. It's also symbolic of Rogue choosing him instead of Magneto...so Remy now knows. Her red first date dress could be another motif.

With Deathbit, here are the connections...

- Motendo Episode - At the climax (Jubilee fighting Mojo) there are giant figures of the X-Men all looking evil, but Gambit has dark blue skin, yet the others don't. Why is that?
    - Deathbit is cannon in 616 as we all know.
    - The Sinister connection is a big part of Gambit's history and lore and they can easily write that in.
    - DeMayo keeps noting the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him, which leaves me to think that Remy is broken, it also leaves Rogue full of guilt.
    - Apocalypse could be the one that Cable warned Maddie about at the Gala.
    - Mystique as Val Cooper could be the one to take Gambit's body to Sinister.

If Gambit is Deathbit or under Sinister's mind control. It'll be up to Rogue to save him "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue". In 616 Gambit has a tendency to cut through mind control when it comes to Rogue. So she has to get through to him. Maybe Gambit needs to survive Genosha to prevent something worse from happening as Deathbit. That's why I think it could be a mix of both time-travel and Deathbit.

The other theory is New Sun, it's an obscure one. The clue here is the way he destroyed the Wild Sentinel, I've never really seen him display that much power since the Nicieza solo series. Also when the Sentinel detected an omega level threat it targeted Gambit and Rogue before it focused on Magneto.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, I'm sure to be dead wrong with most of these theories (lol), but I'm thinking ep 7 will give us a clue to what's going on or what's planned.

- Rogue and Cable working together would be a nod to a Lenore Zann and Chris Potter reunion. (Beau's very much into these details).

Cable could ask Rogue to join him in time-travel to save everyone (and Gambit). Or Cable goes on his own to the Gala (like before) but this time he seeks out Rogue (instead of Maddie) while she's preparing for the Gala/dance and warns her. Asking her to absorb his mind and she'll see the events unfolding. So Rogue changes things, instead of dancing with Magneto she grabs Gambit instead to stop the attack. It's also symbolic of Rogue choosing him instead of Magneto...so Remy now knows. Her red first date dress could be another motif.

- Motendo Episode - At the climax (Jubilee fighting Mojo) there are giant figures of the X-Men all looking evil, but Gambit has dark blue skin, yet the others don't. Why is that?
    - The Sinister connection is a big part of Gambit's history and lore and they can easily write that in.
    - DeMayo keeps noting the importance of Gambit not knowing that Rogue chose him, which leaves me to think that Remy is broken, it also leaves Rogue full of guilt.

If Gambit is Deathbit or under Sinister's mind control. It'll be up to Rogue to save him "Rogue always comes to Gambit's rescue". In 616 Gambit has a tendency to cut through mind control when it comes to Rogue. So she has to get through to him. Maybe Gambit needs to survive Genosha to prevent something worse from happening as Deathbit. That's why I think it could be a mix of both time-travel and Deathbit.

The other theory is New Sun, it's an obscure one. The clue here is the way he destroyed the Wild Sentinel, I've never really seen him display that much power since the Nicieza solo series. Also when the Sentinel detected an omega level threat it targeted Gambit and Rogue before it focused on Magneto.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, I'm sure to be dead wrong with most of these theories (lol), but I'm thinking ep 7 will give us a clue to what's going on or what's planned.
    Awesome summary, my friend! It is just so cool to speculate about Gambit again after years of stagnation.

What if Sinister really makes Deathbit with New Sun powers and it`s his secret weapon as Death Star to turn Earth into burning toast as globe in fire from Xavier vision?

After it time travel option is the only possible to save world so thy jump in time before Gala.
    Gambit already destroyed Wild Sentinel in ep5 like a boss so if they return to past it probably will be somebody's else time to shine to stop it.

Episodes 7 and 9 are directed by Emi Yonemura, who directed ep 5 so maybe it is episodes that will be connected with Genosha plot the most?

Awesome summary, my friend! It is just so cool to speculate about Gambit again after years of stagnation.

What if Sinister really makes Deathbit with New Sun powers and it`s his secret weapon as Death Star to turn Earth into burning toast as globe in fire from Xavier vision?

After it time travel option is the only possible to save world so thy jump in time before Gala.
    Gambit already destroyed Wild Sentinel in ep5 like a boss so if they return to past it probably will be somebody's else time to shine to stop it.

Episodes 7 and 9 are directed by Emi Yonemura, who directed ep 5 so maybe it is episodes that will be connected with Genosha plot the most?

Gambit could still charge up the Wild Sentinel but then Nightcrawler can teleport him out before it explodes and Rogue can absorb Gambit's powers to help him charge it up quicker. Kurt got injured because he teleported Rogue and Magneto to safety, if Rogue doesn't dance with Magneto, then Nightcrawler should be okay.

That Xavier vision was interesting though, with the pink glow on the globe and all...
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-23-2024 at 06:43 AM.

Wow, great breakdown of the two theories. I particularly like the one where Cable time travels to warn Rogue as she's getting ready for the gala -- selfishly, I just want to see her pick Remy.

I agree that episode 7 might push us in one direction or the other...or in a completely different direction. Both theories are compelling and have enough evidence behind them, I just can't decide which one is more likely at this point. I do also like how one could connect to the other (time traveling to save Gambit would prevent Deathbit).
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

This is a really great list. With most things, I try not to get too "conspiracy theory" when it comes to speculation, but this show has shown time and time again that small details matter, so it's really fun speculating on the random little things that could be hinting at Gambit's future.
    Make Good Art

I really like the idea of combining time travel and Deathbit. It would leave the door open for them to do it later and the power issues wouldn't be one sided. Rogue trying to gain control while Gambit is trying to keep it.

Thanks all. Keep in mind, I get things wrong a lot, but it's fun to speculate.

Ep 7 airs in a few hours, so I think it'll have a lot of Rogue. It's revealed she'll be on this revenge mission and there are preview shots of her still in Genosha (looking angry). Magneto will come back, I think she'll find out and then her grief will be fully focused on Remy. Though due to Rogue's rage, Magneto could tempt her to join him to avenge what transpired in ep 5 and probably use Gambit's death as an incentive. Rogue being the X-Men "mascot" will come to her senses and not join Magneto on this dark path (might be Nightcrawler to be the one to calm her down). Side note, I can't see Magneto be an X-Man anymore, not with Xavier returning and what he witnessed in Genosha, he's out for blood.

Back to Rogue, her role is a big mystery post-Genosha, we don't know if she reunites with the X-Men, which could lead me to believe that she might have a separate mission, whether it has something to do with Cable or maybe she finds out about Mystique possibly impersonating Val Cooper. Nightcrawler is in Genosha as well, so there's that...

The funeral could be Maddie's, she's an X-Man and the mother of Scott's son, Gambit's body could still be stuck in Genosha.

Title of this ep is "Bright Eyes" so we'll see Cable, planning his next move I'd assume.

Regarding theories about his return, what about all of the above?

Cable goes back to try and save everyone and he does except for Gambit. Maybe the plan was for Nightcrawler to teleport him out but something happens so he cant and Gambit still dies but most of the others are saved. Cable for whatever reason cant go back to try again.

As a result Rogue maybe turns to Sinister to try and revive him and he comes back but with his full brain and full powers intact. They are spiraling out of control but this time he turns to Apocalypse for help and instead Apocalypse uses his New Sun powers to make him a horsemen of Death. His New Sun powers are far more deadly than the fart powers he was given in the comics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I know everyone is talking about the Cartoon. But I really cant wait to see Remy in Uncanny. The fact that Rogue may be the leader us cool. And being in New Orleans. I hope Gambit gets plenty to do and isn't talked down to by Anna. I still believe it's my Favorite od the 3 X because of the cat Mostly. The revealed one anyway lol. Wolverine Gambit Rogue Juiblee and Nightcaeler are my favorite Members of all time.
    X-Men Forever

DP3 leak spoiler!!!

MTTSH: Gambit, X-23, Elektra and more are members of a resistance group in The Void that fight against Cassandra Nova and the people that work for her
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-23-2024 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I know everyone is talking about the Cartoon. But I really cant wait to see Remy in Uncanny. The fact that Rogue may be the leader us cool. And being in New Orleans. I hope Gambit gets plenty to do and isn't talked down to by Anna. I still believe it's my Favorite od the 3 X because of the cat Mostly. The revealed one anyway lol. Wolverine Gambit Rogue Juiblee and Nightcaeler are my favorite Members of all time.
    I am so excited for Uncanny. I love all 5 characters and would prefer team to be just them, really but I know that team will be bigger.

Can't wait to see Gambit and Logan teaming up to bring havok and drawn by Marquez!
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-24-2024 at 01:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking for it too. August is too long a wait. It's an awesome line-up.

I found this. Someone mentioned Remy and Kitty in another thread about them working together. Pretty interesting since I don't think I have seen them paired together in art before. At least not by themselves.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 12:38 AM.