Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The Night Fox from Ocean's Twelve

this scene makes me wish Vincent Cassel was 20 years younger so he could play Gambit

Kao Ta (played by Leon Lai) from City Hunter

Casanova, gambler, uses cards as weapons, at first I thought he was at least partially inspired by Gambit, but nope, he predates Gambit!
    Though in the manga/anime he looked different and was more of a villain

I guess we can call him Gambit's long-lost asian cousin

Roger Sartet from The Sicilian Clan

Delon plays the jewel thief who gets along with the Sicilian mafia clan

He also looked like Sana Takeda's Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Doc Holliday in Tombstone. Not a 1:1, but the swagger is spot on.
    Early 90s Val Kilmer …..! HEL-lo!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    When I was watching the magicians I always thought of Gambit whith Elliot. Hale Appleman also looks like how I would imagine a younger MCU Gambit would look.

He’s got the floppy hair and the ‘fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Early 90s Val Kilmer …..! HEL-lo!

He’s got the floppy hair and the ‘fit.
    They even gave him red eyes on this poster for season 4.

Val Kilmer in Willow
    4eb28-16723101022293-1920.jpg

Anyway - what fictional characters in film, tv or books remind you of Gambit? For me, it’s Cool Hand Luke. It doesn’t hurt that Paul Newman is a foine-ass lookin’ man.
    Kinf of OT, since it's not a character per se, but every time this parfum spot popped up in December, I went "oh, this is Gambit". I think the character of this spot has "Gambit" attitude.
    In an AU in which the X-Men are stars like any non-mutant hero of the MCU, this would be Gambit hired for a spot. Nobody will be able to change my mind. XD
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

I guess we can call him Gambit's long-lost asian cousin
    I’m living for the level of drama this guy brings with him. Gambit-vibes all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Kinf of OT, since it's not a character per se, but every time this parfum spot popped up in December, I went "oh, this is Gambit". I think the character of this spot has "Gambit" attitude.
    In an AU in which the X-Men are stars like any non-mutant hero of the MCU, this would be Gambit hired for a spot. Nobody will be able to change my mind. XD
    Just switch the drums for a random guitar and it’s perfect.

I have another: Locke Cole from Final Fantasy 6 (U.S. numbering). Thief (or as he would say: “treasure hunter”). Snazzy dresser. Guilt-ridden rescuer of damsels in distress. Has feelings for a former baddie turned reformed knight, Celes Chere. Overly romantic, charming, generally upbeat and a little silly.
    IMG_0684.jpg

Anyway - what fictional characters in film, tv or books remind you of Gambit? For me, it’s Cool Hand Luke. It doesn’t hurt that Paul Newman is a foine-ass lookin’ man.
    Sawyer from LOST.

Crazy that Josh Holloway was even cast as Gambit in X-Men Origins. Jackman even shacked his hand and told his congrats but later some producer decided that they want a younger Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Sawyer from LOST.

Crazy that Josh Holloway was even cast as Gambit in X-Men Origins. Jackman even shacked his hand and told his congrats but later some producer decided that they want a younger Gambit.
    I can't believe I forgot about him.

Totally Gambit !!!

I also remember a Tumblr post where a bunch of Disney foxes were Gambit. Hahaha

So Nick Wild0c431a7e333619bdd7741be0964dc5e9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about him.

Totally Gambit !!!

I also remember a Tumblr post where a bunch of Disney foxes were Gambit. Hahaha

So Nick Wild0c431a7e333619bdd7741be0964dc5e9.jpg
    Aw, my heart goes a little faster every time I see Josh. Sawyer is the perfect, sassy bastard with a heart of gold.
    Nick Wild also spot on Remy persona. I cry a little bit when baby Nick gets a muzzle put on him. He just wants to be part of your club! :*(

Adding Ulysses Everett McGill from O Brother Where Art Thou. Got the gift of gab, plus good hair. He’s a Dapper Dan Man!

I have another: Locke Cole from Final Fantasy 6 (U.S. numbering). Thief (or as he would say: “treasure hunter”). Snazzy dresser. Guilt-ridden rescuer of damsels in distress. Has feelings for a former baddie turned reformed knight, Celes Chere. Overly romantic, charming, generally upbeat and a little silly.
    Also Irvine in Final Fantasy VIII, Zidane in Final Fantasy IX, Balthier in Final Fantasy XII, and probably even Cid in Final Fantasy XVI

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I always saw elements of Gambit in Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop: skilled at hand-to-hand, smoker, and is very quip-y on the surface but has a lot of self-loathing beneath it.

And then there's also Robin Hood, of course, since he was the template for this kind of character.
    Make Good Art

I always saw elements of Gambit in Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop: skilled at hand-to-hand, smoker, and is very quip-y on the surface but has a lot of self-loathing beneath it.
    I know, right?! I almost feel the same way about the Cagliostro version of Lupin III (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-02-2024 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Yes!

For me Spike felt like Gambit who never joined X-Men so didn`t find his redemption.
    He lost his love of life Bella, run away from Guilds, lived with mercenaries for hire. He was fun but competent and and never was afraid to watch into death face without fear and defeat enemies with bang you are dead.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 02-02-2024 at 02:27 PM.