Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Let's see where we all stand on this

https://strawpoll.com/bVg8oDLR2nY

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

My kid says: Captain America is coming, he will use quantum to un-blip Gambit. The Avengers will fix it.

Sadly, she has to live in the shed now.

A mix between Cable/Bishop time shenanigans and Mr Sinister resurrecting him...which would be a nod to Deathbit, but it won't involve Apocalypse. The other theory about Rogue seeking out Sinister for help, would be an interesting twist, but I don't think she'll do that.

The Rogue "sleeping beauty kiss" option is how Gambit will be saved. She'll snap him out of whatever mind-control he's under.

I'm looking into Mystque/Val Cooper as well at the moment, she loves Rogue, and she's worked for Sinister (and Apocalypse) before. Nightcrawler is back. So yeah, she might factor in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Just speculation.
    spoilers:
    Some people think that the spinning globe in a pink flames in Xavier vision is a nod or foreshadow to New Sun.
    How would you rank a possibility of resurrected Gambit with New Sun powers to be used as a weapon to turn Earth into toast?

I don`t believe we will see New Sun, really.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think its a coming of New Sun because of sinister involvement or more likely a Death Seed story arch Featuring Apocalypses. We have both Banshee and Marrow dead in the same episode. Marrow could be a stand in for Daken.
    end of spoilers
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

In the movies the official reasoning was Bryan Singer thought his powers were too much like Cyclops and personality was too much like Wolverine. But truth is Gambit is hard for insecure guys to bond with. He's not depressed, dealing with inner rage or a control freak. He's just a dude who has some trauma and loves life and gets with ladies? Hard for a lot of writers to empathize with that guess
    I think that was David Hayter that said that. I remember reading that way back in 2000 after the first film and it shattered me because I was really looking forward to the sequel thinking Gambit was going to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    spoilers:
    I think its a coming of New Sun because of sinister involvement or more likely a Death Seed story arch Featuring Apocalypses. We have both Banshee and Marrow dead in the same episode. Marrow could be a stand in for Daken.
    end of spoilers
    That theory is starting pop up a lot more in vids I've noticed.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-20-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My kid says: Captain America is coming, he will use quantum to un-blip Gambit. The Avengers will fix it.

Sadly, she has to live in the shed now.
    Forgot to include that one. Maybe there's something Sam Wilson can do to save him and then she can leave the shed haha
    Last edited by Gripstir; 04-21-2024 at 05:45 AM.

Sounds awesome hope we can see yours when it's done
    Uploaded it on my Insta...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6B3NIeRQCX/

Finally got it done, I wanted to finish it a couple of days after ep 5 but I just didn't have the energy. But at least I uploaded it before ep 7 (which will cover Genosha).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Uploaded it on my Insta...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6B3NIeRQCX/

Finally got it done, I wanted to finish it a couple of days after ep 5 but I just didn't have the energy. But at least I uploaded it before ep 7 (which will cover Genosha).
    Love it! And love your style! Very dynamic!

DanielRPK - Dafne Keen(X-23) & Channing Tatum(Gambit) both have decent sized roles in DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE, not just cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    DanielRPK - Dafne Keen(X-23) & Channing Tatum(Gambit) both have decent sized roles in DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE, not just cameos.
    I haven’t been in the interwebs all that much today. How can you tell? Was it an interview or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I haven’t been in the interwebs all that much today. How can you tell? Was it an interview or something?
    A known "leaker" tweeted it.

Thanks Purp!

Okay, in X-Men 97, I ruled out Apocalypse being the main villain for this season for a long while. But this subtle response from DeMayo, makes me reconsider...

https://twitter.com/BlackKairos/stat...70887287722356

Madelyn: He's here!
    Wolverine: Who, Apocalypse?

It was a funny scene at the time, but this line reveals to be foreshadowing the season 3-part finale. When Cable said "He's coming!" ...it sounded ominous. Yes, I know Bastion will be around, and while Mr Sinister is a big villain, he's not as ominous as someone like Apocalypse. Opening credits show Cable fighting him as well. Sinister (and Mystique) have worked for Apocalypse before. But why would they destroy Genosha? To create chaos and play the long game (an ulterior motive)? Maybe to recruit Horsemen? This is where Gambit comes in, and probably Banshee and Dazzler etc, other fan-favourites that got killed in Genosha. Deathbit's been teased in 'Lifedeath pt 2' and subtly in 'Motendo'. Does Mystique (as Val Cooper) take Gambit's dead body to Sinister?

People are speculating on Stryfe as well. But I'll focus on Apocalypse and Deathbit for this thread.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-23-2024 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Thanks Purp!

Okay, in X-Men 97, I ruled out Apocalypse being the main villain for this season for a long while. But this subtle response from DeMayo, makes me reconsider...

https://twitter.com/BlackKairos/stat...70887287722356

Madelyn: He's here!
    Wolverine: Who, Apocalypse?

It was a funny scene at the time, but this line reveals to be foreshadowing the season 3-part finale. When Cable said "He's coming!" ...it sounded ominous. Yes, I know Bastion will be around, and while Mr Sinister is a big villain, he's not as ominous as someone like Apocalypse. Opening credits show Cable fighting him as well. Sinister (and Mystique) have worked for Apocalypse before. But why would they destroy Genosha? To create chaos and play the long game (an ulterior motive)? Maybe to recruit Horsemen? This is where Gambit comes in, and probably Banshee and Dazzler etc, other fan-favourites that got killed in Genosha. Deathbit's been teased in 'Lifedeath pt 2' and subtly in 'Motendo'. Does Mystique (as Val Cooper) take Gambit's dead body to Sinister?

People are speculating on Stryfe as well. But I'll focus on Apocalypse and Deathbit for this thread.
    I think Cable told about Bastion in ep5. Also, it seems Magneto noticed Bastion at Gala.
    Apoc may be the big bad and setting up everything but it makes no sense to tell that Apoc is coming in future if Bastion is coming right now to Genosha to kill everyone?

I think we may get Apoc hints at the end of season as Thanos level threat, but nothing more.

I still don't think that we will have Deathbit in S1 and that final episode will have time travel to change things but keep everyone remember.

Also do we know if DeMayo finished writing second season before he got fired?

Gambit WASN'T Supposed To Die?! - Director Jake Castorena Talks X Men '97
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwckU0xcwWc

"Yeah, Magneto. Yes, but Gambit wasn't the… You know, it was one of those… Was it always Magneto? Yes. Was it always Gambit? Half. Magneto was always kind of like the staple. The other character, it wasn't initially Gambit. I dare not say who it was because it changed a few times. Because as you change script and story, and you push things based on what the story needed was. Who got the bucket, you know?"

"That's one of the things that really, genuinely, intrigued me about coming to this project. It was like, 'Oh, we're gonna take some swings, but it's all gonna be narratively-driven.' It's all gonna be pushing the narrative in a way that's gonna benefit, story and validating why we're making these changes. Not doing this stuff for the sake of shock value, but to genuinely challenge and push narrative forward."