Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

The only downside to this for me was Rogue holding him at the end. She didnt deserve too. I also saw a parrallel between her and the Sentinel. They both over look Gambit in favor of Mags. Her because she can touch Mags and the Sentinel because Mags is the Omega level threat.

In the ens though Gambit showed it is the guy that is often overlooked or ignored that comes up Aces in the end.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Think you need to view this in the context of the fact Gambit took out the Sentinel when no one else could. I think the scene where the Sentinel identifies Mags as an Omega level threat is meant to showcase how Gambit is overlooked. The Sentinel views Mags as the bigger threat and takes him out. I was fully expecting Mags to be the hero there.

Then Rogue goes to attack and again you think she will save the day but Gambit sees she is almost certainly going to certain death so he charges the bike and knocks her out of the way.

Finally he attacks knowing full well that external attacks will not be powerful enough so he goads the sentinel into impaling him which gives him enough time to charge up the Sentinel.

It couldnt be more Gambit like and a perfect way for him to go out IMO. It also isnt like Excalibur because he defeats the Sentinel in this so his death did in fact save the day unlike in Excalibur.
    Hey now to be fair he did make Merlyn go home for a bit, letting the rest of the team escape. Was it still stupid and felt like he had zero impact? Yes, but we also knew at the time the whole purpose of the event was to set up a resurrection protocol for Otherworld. All deaths in this era were dumb and had no impact, so why would Gambit's be any different?

The only downside to this for me was Rogue holding him at the end. She didnt deserve too. I also saw a parrallel between her and the Sentinel. They both over look Gambit in favor of Mags. Her because she can touch Mags and the Sentinel because Mags is the Omega level threat.

In the ens though Gambit showed it is the guy that is often overlooked or ignored that comes up Aces in the end.
    She was not affected at all when she held Gambit. Does her powers not work on a body? I was expecting her to be affected, like his mind transfers to her in those final minutes. It'll be crazy if he does wind up in her head and she gains a weaker form of hsi power

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Hey now to be fair he did make Merlyn go home for a bit, letting the rest of the team escape. Was it still stupid and felt like he had zero impact? Yes, but we also knew at the time the whole purpose of the event was to set up a resurrection protocol for Otherworld. All deaths in this era were dumb and had no impact, so why would Gambit's be any different?
    I hated it and still hated it. This was done much better IMO and not particularly closw IMO.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Fantastic Member

I hated it and still hated it. This was done much better IMO and not particularly closw IMO.
    Well yeah because dying now matters. The only worry we had in Knights of X is if they'll bring the right Gambit back, and the whole point of the mini was to fix that problem with the Resurrection Protocols. There was zero suspense. So it was a lame death that had no meaning. If he did this in X-Men 97 while we had a Krakoa up and running all we'd think is "well hurry up and spit out a new Gambit."

Mighty Member

I think you are taking this show too seriously. They have Wolverine spending all day pining for Jean in this show, you think they're gonna do the same in the comics, where she isn't even in any of the team books? There are ways to bring Remy back. Like some other people pointed out Apocalypse hasn't showed up yet, maybe he'll need a new Death.
    I think reviving, while a staple in comics, has also slowly hurt the stories as well. And I think using death more as a coma than a finale has hurt comics appeal in the mainstream. Especially when they try to set up death as a big event. We aren't even phased by it. We know it doesn't actually matter . Also the fact both Gambit and Wolverine are barely in the show outside of pining over their girls with the same reaction to being dumped is so intentional I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is your choice, my friend.

But I am sure that Gambit will return for X-Men 97 final.

Also I am sure that Gambit will shine a lot in Gail amd Marquez`s Uncanny.
    Yeah he probably will get some shine but it's all swan song shine. I'm still waiting for some long lasting Gambut solo shine

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    spoilers:
    Gambit making a sacrifice to gain the upper hand is his MO (see code name). I’m just so proud of him. It wasn’t so much a sacrifice though. He saw himself impaled, was staring his impending death in the face, and decided to do the most damage he could while going out. And incredibly - Magneto (who also talks about himself in third-person) couldn’t take out the three-headed sentinel, but Gambit could. I’m not much for FEATS, so I was a little eye-rolly about that, even though I knew Remy had it in him. My question now is, who was the Omega? Assuming Magneto, but Leach was shown using other mutants’ powers, wasn’t he? Maybe it’s Leach who is dead and not Mags.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The scene with Gambit being held up in front of the sentinel was straight up a anime shot. But actual feat is why I brought up Gail Simone. There is no way Gambit dies in the comic and here in the exact same way unless there is coordination. Knights of X was 2022 this has been worked on awhile. But the fact they happened at the same time tells me executives are making writers do the same thing and Gail will put in these same tropes I hate.

Leech could be omega too. I mean Magneto seems too obvious. Leech could either just be there to show Magnetos humanity or maybe Leech is doing a Darwin/Vulcan move where they synergies I order to stay alive
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Think you need to view this in the context of the fact Gambit took out the Sentinel when no one else could. I think the scene where the Sentinel identifies Mags as an Omega level threat is meant to showcase how Gambit is overlooked. The Sentinel views Mags as the bigger threat and takes him out. I was fully expecting Mags to be the hero there.

Then Rogue goes to attack and again you think she will save the day but Gambit sees she is almost certainly going to certain death so he charges the bike and knocks her out of the way.

Finally he attacks knowing full well that external attacks will not be powerful enough so he goads the sentinel into impaling him which gives him enough time to charge up the Sentinel.

It couldnt be more Gambit like and a perfect way for him to go out IMO. It also isnt like Excalibur because he defeats the Sentinel in this so his death did in fact save the day unlike in Excalibur.
    spoilers:
    I'm torn because, while I want him back (and I think he may be, since Lenore mentioned she and AJ recorded together last year, but who knows), he went out like such a legend. And I gotta give credit to you for predicting it way back when on here that he'd be killed, and nothing to me for saying, nah, it's aimed at a young audience and he's too popular! Such a summer child Past Me was! 😀
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Mighty Member

It's funny you said that I was watching that scene with Rogue telling Remy about Magneto and I just felt bad cause it made me think no she was gonna say entanglement

They really turned my boy into the Will Smith meme. Tears and all lmao

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

spoilers:
    The scene with Gambit being held up in front of the sentinel was straight up a anime shot. But actual feat is why I brought up Gail Simone. There is no way Gambit dies in the comic and here in the exact same way unless there is coordination. Knights of X was 2022 this has been worked on awhile. But the fact they happened at the same time tells me executives are making writers do the same thing and Gail will put in these same tropes I hate.
    end of spoilers
    Only reason I can see Gail killing off Remy is because of an editorial push to break Rogue and Remy up. That way they can go their separate ways without anybody being the bad person in the relationship.

So yeah, your assumption is within the realm of possibility. I'd be completely fine with this if they take Remy out of the X-Men and throw him over to team up with the other Marvel thieves to make a new heist book.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

The only downside to this for me was Rogue holding him at the end. She didnt deserve too. I also saw a parrallel between her and the Sentinel. They both over look Gambit in favor of Mags.
    spoilers:
    She ultimately decided on Remy though...but I get why you feel that way, even if I don't agree. Though I still am frustrated it took her so long to realize what she wanted.
    end of spoilers
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm torn because, while I want him back (and I think he may be, since Lenore mentioned she and AJ recorded together last year, but who knows), he went out like such a legend. And I gotta give credit to you for predicting it way back when on here that he'd be killed, and nothing to me for saying, nah, it's aimed at a young audience and he's too popular! Such a summer child Past Me was! ��
    end of spoilers
    Ha I dont even remember making a prediction. If I did it was probably me being very cynical. The way he went out here is much better than I could have hoped for.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-10-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

They just gave Gambit one of the greatest hero moments this franchise has ever seen.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Only reason I can see Gail killing off Remy is because of an editorial push to break Rogue and Remy up. That way they can go their separate ways without anybody being the bad person in the relationship.

So yeah, your assumption is within the realm of possibility. I'd be completely fine with this if they take Remy out of the X-Men and throw him over to team up with the other Marvel thieves to make a new heist book.
    If they kill it it better be as glorious as it was done here. The bar has been raised.

spoilers:
    She ultimately decided on Remy though...but I get why you feel that way, even if I don't agree. Though I still am frustrated it took her so long to realize what she wanted.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah forgive me mon ami bit choosing him after making out with Mags in front of the whole world doesnt sit well with me but to each his own.

Mighty Member

Think you need to view this in the context of the fact Gambit took out the Sentinel when no one else could.

I understand it. I'm not against the concept. I'm against that this is too many times we've seen his dying as iphus signature move based on Marvel executives decisions. Like they did nothing g with his character up to this point. There is no attachment from me to this Gambit. He's literally done nothing the whole show and now more episodes where he won't even be in them

Suit yourself. I'm actually going to wait and see how the book is before passing. A novel concept for some fans, but there you are.
    I feel like we have been burned enough where Marvel has to prove they changed. They have done nothing to change. Sam we executives same writers same stories. Gail is just another writer in the Marvel machine. Thinking these writers are going to change marvels overall goals of swan song stories I think is just not being realistic.