Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Gambit's hair in the comics in 1997 was the Joe Mad look, longish/parted with sideburns. No ponytail. They should've gone with that look.
    Remy's '97 JoeMad look: très magnifique

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Remy's '97 JoeMad look: très magnifique

Loved that cover despite it not being a popular storyline. I also agree about Remy's hair. It looks good but I have to admit I like the ponytail when its drawn by Jim Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Loved that cover despite it not being a popular storyline. I also agree about Remy's hair. It looks good but I have to admit I like the ponytail when its drawn by Jim Lee.
    Completely understandable. But yeah, the Jim Lee ponytail for Remy will always be a classic (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. But yeah, the Jim Lee ponytail for Remy will always be a classic (IMHO):

I do like his basketball look in the show, very early 90's. They brought it back in the intro too, nice homage to the X-Men #4 scene, without Rogue punching him in the face

I loved the Joe Mad hair on Gambit, but I just loved his art in general. I used to redraw his Gambit freehand all the time.

Gambit's hair in 97 looks really good when he's in uniform; I like the "swoopi-ness" of it, lol. I just don't like the way the ponytail looks. Is it technically a mullet? LOL. The out of uniform look just reminds me of hair metal band esthetics or something. *shrugs*

Jim Lee's work is amazing.

That basketball scene in the intro credits was such a surprise. Kudos to the writers for changing the intro with every episode. Genius.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Re: Xmen '97

I am not as impressed as others, but the animation is great. It will stand up to the new TV's of now and that is cool. It looks nice. The cast is large, there is no way all of them get any screen time but on the other hand, if there is a group of X-Men - it should be a large group. I know this won't be popular but Magneto looks amazing. In fact, all of the characters look great despite the 'old school' costumes. I don't care for the man-pony tail but its not awful for Gambit, love his angular look, sharp brows and general appearance.

Rogue, not sure yet with voice but she's not screaming, so I'm good.

Storm - regal as we should expect.

Scott and Jean, well ... let it play out.

In the end, I'll probably wait til it has all aired and binge-watch. I forgot I had Disney+.

I haven't been interested in Gambit in years, this is a plus.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-29-2024 at 08:22 AM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Mighty Member

Everyone talking about not important stuff in terms of Gambit's character assassination in Xmen 97. But we aren't talking about the real issue. They made him a bad cook! This is the real outrage. Real New Orleans beignets are nice and fluffy. His were flat as a pop tart.

And lets not mention our resident "season your food" baddy, Gambit, let everyone eat beignets without powdered sugar! You wanna talk about character assassination they straight up turned Remy into Jean in the kitchen. I would bring this up to the showrunner but he got fired. I suspect because people in charge were disappointed in beignet portrayal and emasculation of Gambit's cooking prowess in the show

Also the fact he should be resistant to psychic attacks but that's another story
    Last edited by Gripstir; 03-29-2024 at 09:17 AM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Everyone talking about not important stuff in terms of Gambit's character assassination in Xmen 97. But we aren't talking about the real issue. They made him a bad cook! This is the real outrage. Real New Orleans beignets are nice and fluffy. His were flat as a pop tart.

And lets not mention our resident "season your food" baddy, Gambit, let everyone eat beignets without powdered sugar! You wanna talk about character assassination they straight up turned Remy into Jean in the kitchen. I would bring this up to the showrunner but he got fired. I suspect because people in charge were disappointed in beignet portrayal and emasculation of Gambit's cooking prowess in the show

Also the fact he should be resistant to psychic attacks but that's another story
    He powdered them after they were plated, we just didn't see it. I won't have my mind changed.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Artwork by EvilFuzz. There is so much Gambit fanart I could post them all year long.

Didn't say what the artist was.

Art by Grandizer05

Even though I have mixed feelings about the outfit, I respect this guy's commitment

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

It's nice to see that he is such a fan of the character. It definitely makes me more excited about his portrayal
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Even though I have mixed feelings about the outfit, I respect this guy's commitment
    very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

AJ's doing a great job promoting the character.

Gambit's suddenly rising in popularity again. He was trending heavily when the series premiered. This all will bode well for him on screen in the MCU, if this keeps up, he might get a solo film AND a big role in the next X-Men movie. What's more impressive is that (IMO) he's been given a really bad character arc for this first season...and maybe that's because the audience is empathising with him? I know that crop top helped him trend and the combo he had with Wolverine to destroy Master Mold has become iconic.

Again, I'm still very concerned about his character arc for this season, jealous/mopey Gambit is what I hate reading about the most (and watching). I want it to get resolved by the end of ep 5...but I'm not sure. This storyline is already exhausting and heaven help us if this drags on to season 2.