Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Those intro credit scenes are confusing. Are they supposed to be past scenes, future scenes or just filler? spoilers:
    Because I need to know that Gambit isn't dead or at least, not dead for long.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I am sure it is just a filler to make intro more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure it is just a filler to make intro more entertaining.
    Pretty much. I remember watching cartoons as a kid and never figuring out from what episode certain scenes in the intro were from. Then as an adult you stumble upon it on some late night wikipedia binge. Some of these scenes are just produced for the intro. Sometimes they are from episodes that get canned even or scenes from produced episodes that for some or other reason are scratched.

So much Gambit and X-Men love on twitter as they trand as #1. It is crazy!

My favorite post reaction:
    https://twitter.com/mvlsraff/status/1778070626802061446

Fantastic Member

Which of those scenes are "filler"? Most of them are based on actual events. The only one I cannot place is the one with Forge and Polaris, but I didn't really pay attention to those episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Which of those scenes are "filler"? Most of them are based on actual events. The only one I cannot place is the one with Forge and Polaris, but I didn't really pay attention to those episodes.
    Gambit and Kurt, Rogue kissing Gambit (basketball) and other scenes were used in intro and probably created only for this.

Mighty Member

The episode is exactly what I didn't want and I knew also others were gonna love it

spoilers:
    its literally just knights of X again with a sentinel instead of Merlin. Again Gambit shows no ingenuity or cunning. Just sacrifice. In the episode Gambit didn't fight for Rogue, Gambit didnt really discover anything new, Gambit wasnt really important to the developing story, and Gambit didn't quip at Magneto. instead did it behind his back to Madalyn.

Ps still don't understand the Madalyn Gambit drink scene. Idk if they setting something up where Gambit gonna work for GoblinQueen or something. But if it was just a friendly scene I would have preferred Kurt there as the friend since he had little screen time.

I saw one thing when the sentinel said omega level threat detected with Magneto but the eyes were locked on Rogue and Gambit so I think it's implying one of them will be omega by the end. Since they fridged Gambit for Rogue my money is on Rogue becoming Omega and Gambit supporting her
    end of spoilers

Overall I'm definitely less likely to pick up Gail Simone's book after this cause at the end of the day it's still the same people at the top of Marvel demanding writers use the same terrible tropes and stories. And regardless of the writer it's clear Gail was told to either sacrifice Remy or make him Into a secondary support character by the end of the run.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 04-10-2024 at 08:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    The episode is exactly what I didn't want and I knew also others were gonna love it

spoilers:
    its literally just knights of X again with a sentinel instead of Merlin. Again Gambit shows no ingenuity or cunning. Just sacrifice. In the episode Gambit didn't fight for Rogue, Gambit didnt really discover anything new, Gambit wasnt realky important to the developing story, and Gambit didn't quip at Magneto instead did it behind his back to Madalyn.

Ps still don't understand the Madalyn Gambit drink scene. Idk if they setting something up where Gambit gonna work fir GoblinQueen or something. But if it was just a friendly scene I would have preferred Kurt there asthe friend since he had little screen time.

I saw one thing I noticed when the sentinel said omega level threat detected with Magneto but the eyes were locked on Rogue and Gambit so I think it's implying one of them will be omega by the end. Since they fridged Gambit for Rogue my money is on Rogue becoming Omega and Gambit supporting her
    end of spoilers

Overall I'm definitely less likely to pick up Gail Simon's book after this cause at the end of the day it's still the same people st the tip of Marvel demanding writers use the same terrible tropes and stories. And regardless of the writer it's clear Gail was told to either sacrifice Remy or make hi. Into a secondary support character by the end of the run.
    I think you are taking this show too seriously. They have Wolverine spending all day pining for Jean in this show, you think they're gonna do the same in the comics, where she isn't even in any of the team books? There are ways to bring Remy back. Like some other people pointed out Apocalypse hasn't showed up yet, maybe he'll need a new Death.

spoilers:
    its literally just knights of X again with a sentinel instead of Merlin. Again Gambit shows no ingenuity or cunning. Just sacrifice. In the episode Gambit didn't fight for Rogue, Gambit didnt really discover anything new, Gambit wasnt realky important to the developing story, and Gambit didn't quip at Magneto instead did it behind his back to Madalyn.

Ps still don't understand the Madalyn Gambit drink scene. Idk if they setting something up where Gambit gonna work fir GoblinQueen or something. But if it was just a friendly scene I would have preferred Kurt there asthe friend since he had little screen time.

I saw one thing I noticed when the sentinel said omega level threat detected with Magneto but the eyes were locked on Rogue and Gambit so I think it's implying one of them will be omega by the end. Since they fridged Gambit for Rogue my money is on Rogue becoming Omega and Gambit supporting her
    end of spoilers

Overall I'm definitely less likely to pick up Gail Simon's book after this cause at the end of the day it's still the same people st the tip of Marvel demanding writers use the same terrible tropes and stories. And regardless of the writer it's clear Gail was told to either sacrifice Remy or make hi. Into a secondary support character by the end of the run.
    It is your choice, my friend.

But I am sure that Gambit will return for X-Men 97 final.

Also I am sure that Gambit will shine a lot in Gail amd Marquez`s Uncanny.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-10-2024 at 08:34 AM.

spoilers:
    Gambit making a sacrifice to gain the upper hand is his MO (see code name). I’m just so proud of him. It wasn’t so much a sacrifice though. He saw himself impaled, was staring his impending death in the face, and decided to do the most damage he could while going out. And incredibly - Magneto (who also talks about himself in third-person) couldn’t take out the three-headed sentinel, but Gambit could. I’m not much for FEATS, so I was a little eye-rolly about that, even though I knew Remy had it in him. My question now is, who was the Omega? Assuming Magneto, but Leach was shown using other mutants’ powers, wasn’t he? Maybe it’s Leach who is dead and not Mags.
    end of spoilers

Marvel did a feature on Gambit called Gambit's Greatest Hits (So Far)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...st-hits-so-far

Love that they are promoting him!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel did a feature on Gambit called Gambit's Greatest Hits (So Far)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...st-hits-so-far

Love that they are promoting him!
    Nice. A pity his big feat in Taylor's X-Men Red is often forgotten, where he charged that carrier and made sure all of it's energy blew up towards the sky instead of letting it crash on Earth creating a nuclear disaster.

spoilers:
    its literally just knights of X again with a sentinel instead of Merlin. Again Gambit shows no ingenuity or cunning. Just sacrifice. In the episode Gambit didn't fight for Rogue, Gambit didnt really discover anything new, Gambit wasnt really important to the developing story, and Gambit didn't quip at Magneto. instead did it behind his back to Madalyn.

Ps still don't understand the Madalyn Gambit drink scene. Idk if they setting something up where Gambit gonna work for GoblinQueen or something. But if it was just a friendly scene I would have preferred Kurt there as the friend since he had little screen time.

I saw one thing when the sentinel said omega level threat detected with Magneto but the eyes were locked on Rogue and Gambit so I think it's implying one of them will be omega by the end. Since they fridged Gambit for Rogue my money is on Rogue becoming Omega and Gambit supporting her
    end of spoilers

Overall I'm definitely less likely to pick up Gail Simone's book after this cause at the end of the day it's still the same people at the top of Marvel demanding writers use the same terrible tropes and stories. And regardless of the writer it's clear Gail was told to either sacrifice Remy or make him Into a secondary support character by the end of the run.
    Think you need to view this in the context of the fact Gambit took out the Sentinel when no one else could. I think the scene where the Sentinel identifies Mags as an Omega level threat is meant to showcase how Gambit is overlooked. The Sentinel views Mags as the bigger threat and takes him out. I was fully expecting Mags to be the hero there.

Then Rogue goes to attack and again you think she will save the day but Gambit sees she is almost certainly going to certain death so he charges the bike and knocks her out of the way.

Finally he attacks knowing full well that external attacks will not be powerful enough so he goads the sentinel into impaling him which gives him enough time to charge up the Sentinel.

It couldnt be more Gambit like and a perfect way for him to go out IMO. It also isnt like Excalibur because he defeats the Sentinel in this so his death did in fact save the day unlike in Excalibur.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Suit yourself. I'm actually going to wait and see how the book is before passing. A novel concept for some fans, but there you are.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Think you need to view this in the context of the fact Gambit took out the Sentinel when no one else could. I think the scene where the Sentinel identifies Mags as an Omega level threat is meant to showcase how Gambit is overlooked. The Sentinel views Mags as the bigger threat and takes him out. I was fully expecting Mags to be the hero there.

Then Rogue goes to attack and again you think she will save the day but Gambit sees she is almost certainly going to certain death so he charges the bike and knocks her out of the way.

Finally he attacks knowing full well that external attacks will not be powerful enough so he goads the sentinel into impaling him which gives him enough time to charge up the Sentinel.

It couldnt be more Gambit like and a perfect way for him to go out IMO. It also isnt like Excalibur because he defeats the Sentinel in this so his death did in fact save the day unlike in Excalibur.
    Yeah. It kinda reminded me how Gambit destroyed that Wolverine (not Logan) in AOA who defeated Mags and Rogue.