Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Same here. Truly an inspiration (IMHO):
    Funny thing is they actually had the invincible spider in that show and Magneto and Gambit take it down in the reverse roles.and I was grinning ear to ear watching Gambit shine there. Even though I know a lot of fans on here hate his design in that show, his characterization is impactful, important and kinetic

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The Morlocks dont know Gambit was part of the Mutant Massacre. The only Morlock that would have seen him was Marrow and she was a baby. Unless I missed where this was addressed in the original series.
    I'm not sure if the writers were purposely saving the Morlocks as a nod to Gambit fans that the Morlock Massacre was kinda weird writing. Or maybe it's just coincidental and they simply stumbled onto a connection without knowing it. From what I recall he was not part of the Morlock Massacre in the show

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    The only thing is, I don't think Magneto is dead. He's in some upcoming shots and I think Leech just "hid" his powers so the sentinel thought he was dead. I don't necessarily think it will affect Rogue's story going forward, but I think it further illustrates your earlier point about characters being expendable. DeMayo seemed to really like Mags and so I never thought that he would be killed off.
    I feel like he's dead. I remember earlier thinking maybe Leech and Mags pulled aa Darwin/Vulcan type survival thing but why would they pretend kill Magneto? Is there any comic precedence for a fake out Magneto death? Maybe they do something with Joseph? Not sure
    Last edited by Gripstir; 04-12-2024 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I feel like he's dead. I remember earlier thinking maybe Leech and Mags pulled aa Darwin/Vulcan type survival thing but why would they pretend kill Magneto. Is. There any comic precedence for a fake out Magneto death? Maybe they do something with Joseph? Not sure
    The storyline that this episode is based on has Magneto's death be a fake out. He's one of the first mutants taken out during the Genoshan genocide, but later on it was revealed he was pretending to be Xorn. (Only for it further to be revealed that Xorn was a Magneto imposter, and the real one also survived.)

Magneto's not dead. Firstly there are some shots of him back in red wearing his helmet. He won't require time travel to be saved.

Fantastic Member

There's a commercial out for the Hasbro toyline showing Roberto standing in wreckage and unconscious bodies looking up to what's possibly Magneto. We just see the electric ball, but they show us the magneto toy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't agree that Gambit was killed because he had nothing to do.

He died but showed that he is a hero in the ultimate badass move and in scene that a lot tell will be remembered as one of the best X-Men moments of all time.

I am sure that when he will return at the end of the season than most mutants will see him as hero and most important Remy may finally see himself worthy and undearstand that others need him.
    I used expendable because I feel there's nuggets of an arc there. I think the writer saying the mission statement was to show off others besides Wolverine. So I think everyone is gonna get some kind of arc. And again I'm just happy a Remy moment has captured the mainsteams heart as much as it did. I just think everything surrounding it could be improved. And me just not liking resurrection stuff

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The storyline that this episode is based on has Magneto's death be a fake out. He's one of the first mutants taken out during the Genoshan genocide, but later on it was revealed he was pretending to be Xorn. (Only for it further to be revealed that Xorn was a Magneto imposter, and the real one also survived.)
    OK I know a couple Magneto alter stuff. Didn't know about xorn. The show doesn't go 1 to 1 with comics so we will see him they do

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    There's a commercial out for the Hasbro toyline showing Roberto standing in wreckage and unconscious bodies looking up to what's possibly Magneto. We just see the electric ball, but they show us the magneto toy.
    That's from the first episode, when Roberto's in the Danger Room.

But Magneto is definitely alive. We never saw his body. Same as Emma.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That's from the first episode, when Roberto's in the Danger Room.

But Magneto is definitely alive. We never saw his body. Same as Emma.
    Oh you are right, I forgot about that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Funny thing is they actually had the invincible spider in that show and Magneto and Gambit take it down in the reverse roles.and I was grinning ear to ear watching Gambit shine there. Even though I know a lot of fans on here hate his design in that show, his characterization is impactful, important and kinetic
    OMG! Thanks for the response. But yeah, XEVO Gambit totally rules (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-12-2024 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

I actually liked WaTXM Gambit more. Dude was a complete scumbag and I loved every bit of it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I actually liked WaTXM Gambit more. Dude was a complete scumbag and I loved every bit of it.
    Same. It would have been really interesting to see him develop into a hero in that universe
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Same. It would have been really interesting to see him develop into a hero in that universe
    Yeah, the main thing I'd say all three animated Gambits have in common is none of them ever made a deal with Sinister. But they all developed in different ways.

X-Men TAS? Gambit joins the X-Men. Still slightly unscrupulous but mostly a good guy.
    X-Men Evolution: Gambit joins Magneto. Doesn't seem like a true believer in any mutant cause. Seems like he just needed a place to stay, but he was loyal to Magneto.
    WaTXM: Stayed independent running with his fellow thieves. No faith in any mutant cause, works for the highest bidder. 100% scoundrel.

Evolution Gambit was my favorite iteration of animated Gambit (until XTAS 97, maybe). Rogue says to Gambit: “I understand. You just did the wrong thing for the right reasons.” That’s a pretty good summary of Remy’s character.

The spider bus crash was epic. The part where he got annoyed with Sabretooth and Wolverine and told them to go jump off the cliff spoke to my soul.

I'm remembering that host who pissed us off so much by insulting Remy during the 60th anniversary podcast.
    Did he say something?

My petty heart was enjoying a little bit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Wow. Love this.

I wasn't a fan of Evolution and was underwhelmed by WATX, but despite that, I like all of Gambit's cartoon versions in some capacity. I find it's interesting that in Evo and WATX they chose to make him shady instead of heroic. Not dissing it or anything, I just think it's an interesting choice. Did they ever release Evo Season 4 (the Cajun Spice episode season) on DVD? I remember looking for it back then and couldn't find it. I don't think Evolution is on Disney+...I wouldn't mind rewatching his episodes.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.