Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Cable will reverse the events. Magneto and Gambit will not stay dead in the cartoon
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Magneto and Gambit will not stay dead in the cartoon
    if damn Morph could come back from the dead, then Remy and Erik certainly can

Fantastic Member

That was for an early 90s kid show. This is clearly trying to be a lot more...substantive. You don't do that by reviving characters right after they die. It makes the whole work feel cheap.

(Only the mangaka of One Piece gets away with it because everything else is great)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

They definitely will bring them back Cable was trying to prevent that.
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Beau's statement makes me think they'll at least wait a while to revive Gambit but with how rushed so many other storylines are, I still think we could see him back by the end of the season.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Beau's statement makes me think they'll at least wait a while to revive Gambit but with how rushed so many other storylines are, I still think we could see him back by the end of the season.
    Yeah, I think so too.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

So I've had some time to digest it. I still hold I don't like a lot about the writing of the episode. I still say Gambit was chosen not because he is important to the writer but because they needed a death for the plot and Gambit was expendable and not important to the main story.(I feel even the episode itself didn't emphasize him enough. I felt it was more action oriented and less Gambit oriented)

But with that said Gambit has become a lot more mainstream to people. I checked out some reactions and people ppl are excited about him which is great. Idk if this is just temporary grief for Gambit or will carry over long term but he had a major profile boost. I'm hoping maybe more social media algorithm boosts will cause a larger number of people advocating for better Gambit treatment

I'm with you on why he was chosen. He was a fan-favorite and they knew they could pull on some heart-strings because of the Rogue/Magneto triangle but he's never been very central to any major arcs. Really, they're probably going to use this as a "fridging" so Rogue has motivation to do something this season since she's had basically nothing to do, either.
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So I've had some time to digest it. I still hold I don't like a lot about the writing of the episode. I still say Gambit was chosen not because he is important to the writer but because they needed a death for the plot and Gambit was expendable and not important to the main story.(I feel even the episode itself didn't emphasize him enough. I felt it was more action oriented and less Gambit oriented)

But with that said Gambit has become a lot more mainstream to people. I checked out some reactions and people ppl are excited about him which is great. Idk if this is just temporary grief for Gambit or will carry over long term but he had a major profile boost. I'm hoping maybe more social media algorithm boosts will cause a larger number of people advocating for better Gambit treatment
    Don't forget Gambit's rise to popularity coincided with the original cartoon back in 1992. He was always more popular with the general public than with comic book readers, who often dismissed him as a product of the 90s. Kind of how a lot of people hated Laura when she first appeared in comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm with you on why he was chosen. He was a fan-favorite and they knew they could pull on some heart-strings because of the Rogue/Magneto triangle but he's never been very central to any major arcs. Really, they're probably going to use this as a "fridging" so Rogue has motivation to do something this season since she's had basically nothing to do, either.
    I think 2 writing details I would have put in, personally, is have the Morlocks say something to Gambit so I felt more of a connection there. Especially since he saved them here but in the comics he caused their death in the Morrlock Massacre. I feel that moment could have been emphasized more about the writing here. Also I'd like them to mention Gambit on the news directly. To acklowedge him and indicate he was the hero. I think Both Magento and Gambit going in the same episode feels intentional for Rogue to either get stronger or get more aggressive similar to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Don't forget Gambit's rise to popularity coincided with the original cartoon back in 1992. He was always more popular with the general public than with comic book readers, who often dismissed him as a product of the 90s. Kind of how a lot of people hated Laura when she first appeared in comics.
    This is a great point. I was too poor as a kid to really do comic books but Gambit in the cartoons was awesome. I really hope people catch on tho xmen evolution too as that Gambit is still my favorite. I didn't really start reading his comics til a few years ago and started to really learn about comic writing. Its at least a better conversation than the crop too lol. A lot more meaningful conversations about Gambit now

Incredible Member

I really hope people catch on to x-men evolution too as that Gambit is still my favorite.
    Same here. Truly an inspiration (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-12-2024 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I think 2 writing details I would have put in, personally, is have the Morlocks say something to Gambit so I felt more of a connection there. Especially since he saved them here but in the comics he caused their death in the Morrlock Massacre. I feel that moment could have been emphasized more about the writing here.
    The Morlocks dont know Gambit was part of the Mutant Massacre. The only Morlock that would have seen him was Marrow and she was a baby. Unless I missed where this was addressed in the original series.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think 2 writing details I would have put in, personally, is have the Morlocks say something to Gambit so I felt more of a connection there. Especially since he saved them here but in the comics he caused their death in the Morrlock Massacre. I feel that moment could have been emphasized more about the writing here. Also I'd like them to mention Gambit on the news directly. To acklowedge him and indicate he was the hero. I think Both Magento and Gambit going in the same episode feels intentional for Rogue to either get stronger or get more aggressive similar to Scott.

This is a great point. I was too poor as a kid to really do comic books but Gambit in the cartoons was awesome. I really hope people catch on tho xmen evolution too as that Gambit is still my favorite. I didn't really start reading his comics til a few years ago and started to really learn about comic writing. Its at least a better conversation than the crop too lol. A lot more meaningful conversations about Gambit now
    The only thing is, I don't think Magneto is dead. He's in some upcoming shots and I think Leech just "hid" his powers so the sentinel thought he was dead. I don't necessarily think it will affect Rogue's story going forward, but I think it further illustrates your earlier point about characters being expendable. DeMayo seemed to really like Mags and so I never thought that he would be killed off.
    Make Good Art

I don't agree that Gambit was killed because he had nothing to do.

Ep 1 - Cyke asked where Gambit was and told that X-Men needed him. Gambit didn't even bother to listen and makes fun of him
    Ep 3 - In his nightmare Rogue tells that she finally found a real hero Magneto. Remy don't see himself as worthy and definetely not a hero.
    Ep 5 - He tells Kurt that he is scoundrel and sinner and that Rogue won't want to marry him. And then then he thinks that Rogue chose Mags he still saves mutants and her without any hesistation. He died but showed that he is a hero in the ultimate badass move and in scene that a lot tell will be remembered as one of the best X-Men moments of all time.

I am sure that when he will return at the end of the season than most mutants will see him as hero and most important Remy may finally see himself worthy and undearstand that others need him.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-12-2024 at 02:09 PM.