Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    I wasn't sure about the sugar skull clue at first, though I just noticed the eyes are black, pink and blue which are Gambit's colours. I didn't see red/black eyes though, unless I'm looking at something different.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I interpreted it as just another skull reference since Rogue was stating that "Remy's dead" during the scene where we see the sugar skull. It's just a lot of skull references associated with Gambit, I thought. I'm also wondering if Trask quoting Oppenheimer, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" is a clue. I might be reaching, but death was a definite theme, and Gambit is, unfortunately, its poster boy right now.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    spoilers:
    I wasn't sure about the sugar skull clue at first, though I just noticed the eyes are black, pink and blue which are Gambit's colours. I didn't see red/black eyes though, unless I'm looking at something different.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Yes. Pink/Black. I think I prefer Sentinel Deahbit over Apoc Deathbit just because first would return this season kick some ass, got defeated at the end of season so we can move on with normal Gambit for S2.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    spoilers:

Yes. Pink/Black. I think I prefer Sentinel Deahbit over Apoc Deathbit just because first would return this season kick some ass, got defeated at the end of season so we can move on with normal Gambit for S2.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agreed, the Sentinel/Gambit idea means he'll be coming back soon and it'll get resolved by season's end. Apocalypse/Deathbit would mean that he'd be revealed at the very end of the season and we'll be stuck with this version of Gambit for most of season 2. Unless Apocalypse comes in next episode. Bastion and Sinister resurrecting him as a sentinel seems to match the theme of this season
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Agreed, the Sentinel/Gambit idea means he'll be coming back soon and it'll get resolved by season's end. Apocalypse/Deathbit would mean that he'd be revealed at the very end of the season and we'll be stuck with this version of Gambit for most of season 2. Unless Apocalypse comes in next episode. Bastion and Sinister resurrecting him as a sentinel seems to match the theme of this season
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I think that idea is for Rogue to be absent from Gambit's funeral so she can return to to the grave later.

When she finally will come to it probably in episode 8 ending she will see that grave is empty.
    The same momemt we will see that sentinel Gambit is attacking trapped X-Men or something like that.

It may be Storm instead of Rogue but I doubt. Storm and Gambit didn't share any lines so far.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

spoilers:

I think that idea is for Rogue to be absent from Gambit's funeral so she can return to to the grave later.

When she finally will come to it probably in episode 8 ending she will see that grave is empty.
    The same momemt we will see that sentinel Gambit is attacking trapped X-Men or something like that.

It may be Storm instead of Rogue but I doubt. Storm and Gambit didn't share any lines so far.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he is gone for good. I think our only hope is if Tatum's Gambit is in Deadpool 3 and steals the show
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he is gone for good. I think our only hope is if Tatum's Gambit is in Deadpool 3 and steals the show
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He'll come back. Gambit and Rogue's voice actors worked together at the studio last year, which means season 2.

Lenore Zann and Beau Demayo have been posting cryptic messages and subtle hints on social media as well.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

spoilers:
    He'll come back. Gambit and Rogue's voice actors worked together at the studio last year, which means season 2.

Lenore Zann and Beau Demayo have been posting cryptic messages and subtle hints on social media as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really want to believe you, I think I am in self preservation mode. 2016's cancelled Gambit solo movie haunts me to this day
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    I really want to believe you, I think I am in self preservation mode. 2016's cancelled Gambit solo movie haunts me to this day
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

It kinda one more time confirms how good is this show that we are still debating, guessing and even afraid sometimes

I feel you. Cancellation of Gambit movie traumatized us all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh I like that idea, Rogue finally visiting his grave only to find it empty.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes but grief has turned the narrative slightly revisionist. Only Rogue knows about what happened between them and in her heart she had more or less picked Remy, or at least turned down Magneto. So according to her he was her man. Fueled by rage and grief that part has become more crystal clear to her.

As it stands now only Kurt saw the dance. So no one has any reason to mention that to Rogue. Maybe after she makes her way through the five stages of grief she will be able to dwell into the messy situation they were in before Remy died. Magneto “died” before their eyes and in Remy’s case this happened with Rogneto still very much being a thing.

Kurt will likely say to her that Remy died knowing she loved him. That feels more in line with his character.
    My impression was that the world saw the dance because the whole thing was being reported on and/or televised given the historic aspect of it.

In any event, my response is as a viewer who knows that factually Gambit was not her man. He died thinking she picked Mags and after he walked out of the ballroom because she was rubbing choosing Mags in his face.

I just have no sympathy for her at the moment. Perhaps by the time the season ends I will.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-25-2024 at 07:59 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    My impression was that the world saw the dance because the whole thing was being reported on and/or televised given the historic aspect of it.

In any event, my response is as a viewer who knows that factually Gambit was not her man. He died thinking she picked Mags and after he walked out of the ballroom because she was rubbing choosing Mags in his face.

I just have no sympathy for her at the moment. Perhaps by the time the season ends I will.
    I think it will be used in the finale to show if Gambit can forgive her. Like Kurt told Remy in ep5 “Love is best measured in what we forgive.”

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope Gambit doesn't become a Prime Sentinel. Yikes. Don't think I want to see that, but who knows?

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Gambit will come back as Deathbit. He's the one character that is the most associated with death. His funeral, the vision of him as a giant with a skull, the sugar skull: death, death, Death. Plus the Apocalypse scenes in the intro? Hints galore.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Right? If not done well, it could ruin his sacrifice. I don't want to see a bastardized version of Gambit coming back as evil. Same could be said for Deathbit
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I like this idea a lot
    Make Good Art

I think it will be used in the finale to show if Gambit can forgive her. Like Kurt told Remy in ep5 “Love is best measured in what we forgive.”
    Possibly. My preference is if Gambit comes back as more of a villain and this doesnt get resolved until next season.

Always felt Deathbit could have been done better. Especially if you give Gambit New Sun powers and so he is able to essentially overthrow whoever made him into Deathbit and become an Omega Level Villain.

Then perhaps after throwing all of what Rogue did back at her, part of what breaks him free is him finding out she did in fact chose him in the end.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

All-New Member

Hi all, I haven't read xmen since before all the pandemic stuff happened and I really lost interest when the Krakoa stuff started (it all seemed kind of grossly doomed from the start to me), but I've been catching up on the Xmen 97 series and looking forward to Uncanny. Gambit was my favorite character in the 90s and early 2000s (even though a lot of the writing for Gambit was terrible for a time) and I'm super happy to see him get some spotlight again. Is there any good place to catch up on what the heck happened with Krakoa though before I jump back into Xmen and Gambit come summer?