Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't agree that Gambit was killed because he had nothing to do.

Ep 1 - Cyke asked where Gambit was and told that X-Men needed him. Gambit didn't even bother to listen and makes fun of him
    Ep 3 - In his nightmare Rogue tells that she finally found a real hero Magneto. Remy don't see himself as worthy and definetely not a hero.
    Ep 5 - He tells Kurt that he is scoundrel and sinner and that Rogue won't want to marry him. And then then he thinks that Rogue chose Mags he still saves mutants and her without any hesistation. He died but showed that he is a hero in the ultimate badass move and in scene that a lot tell will be remembered as one of the best X-Men moments of all time.

I am sure that when he will return at the end of the season than most mutants will see him as hero and most important Remy may finally see himself worthy and undearstand that others need him.
    Professor X - Gambit, how many times must the scoundrel prove himself the hero before he believes it himself?
    Last edited by remydat; 04-15-2024 at 05:59 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    lol. this is going to be a fun office. love the trash talk.

lol and MacKay has Quentin Quire, the incel character from Morrison's run that every straight white male writer has been trying to rehabilitate ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Now we know whose book not to buy. Bye, bye, Jad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Now we know whose book not to buy. Bye, bye, Jad.
    Come on now, look at the team he picked. Do you think he knows how to write "fun"? He's doing us a favor by not writing Gambit.

His Black Cat was actually a lot of fun.

It's not like Gambit is popular or trending right now or anything. *rolls eyes*
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

It's 2024 in a post-"Remember It" world--nobody thinks you're cool for taking shots at Gambit.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    It's 2024 in a post-"Remember It" world--nobody thinks you're cool for taking shots at Gambit.
    He's probably just trolling, there's no way after last week's episode anyone would specifically go after Gambit.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    He's probably just trolling, there's no way after last week's episode anyone would specifically go after Gambit.
    Yeah, he's just making friendly jabs at Gail, since she's doing the exact same thing to him. No one should read too much into this. I've heard nothing but good things about his writing, otherwise
    Make Good Art

Eh Gail took a shot at Cyclops and be Jed took a shot at Gambit in return. All in good fun is my guess.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

Artofrivena

Also this is cool cause I haven't seen much of the actual episode as fanart JoelSalvadore1
    Last edited by Gripstir; 04-15-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Also this is cool cause I haven't seen much of the actual episode as fanart
    Probably because the fan artists are still in shock lol. I've been working on something, but needed days to the process what happened in the episode.

Tom Breevort: Both STORM and PHOENIX were my doing, Alex, at least in terms of them being put forward as projects that I wanted to do. And they’re only the tip of the iceberg in terms of stuff going forward. The X-Line has a huge diversity of characters, many of whom, I believe, should be able to headline a series. Plus, past a certain point a lot of the X-Team books have started to feel a bit like five random mutant characters who happened to be standing near one another thrown together as a team. It’s all inevitably going to come down to how well stuff sells, of course, but I think i can confidently say that you’ll be seeing a lot more solo titles beyond STORM and PHOENIX in the new X-Line moving forward—certainly more than have been historically attempted.

I doubt that Gambit will get a solo series soon because we have Uncanny but really he definetely must have a new solo ongoing. Just wanted to speculate what you would like to see in his potential solo and creative teams?

I would love Donny Cates (I hope he recovered and is better now) to team up with Dan Mora (he is fantastic and super fast. All his characters are so alive) on a Gambit solo. Both are A list talents so I doubt it will ever really happen

I would love his solo to force Gambit to work and fight against different villains to prevent a bigger threat. Asmus Gambit shined the most in #9 for me when he was in the villain bar and just drinking with other shady guys. It was really fun and something that I would like to see more. Gambit teaming up and fighting or become friends/villains depended on the situation with Taskmaster, Loki, Elektra, Black Cat, Bullseye, Kraven, Sabretooth and randomly punch Batroc (what should be in every Gamibt solo book, lol).