Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Love it!
    Dan Mora would kill on Gambit solo!

He would. That guy is great. Would love to see Gambit by Jorge Jimenez as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Wow. Love this.

I wasn't a fan of Evolution and was underwhelmed by WATX, but despite that, I like all of Gambit's cartoon versions in some capacity. I find it's interesting that in Evo and WATX they chose to make him shady instead of heroic. Not dissing it or anything, I just think it's an interesting choice. Did they ever release Evo Season 4 (the Cajun Spice episode season) on DVD? I remember looking for it back then and couldn't find it. I don't think Evolution is on Disney+...I wouldn't mind rewatching his episodes.
    I have the boxed set on dvd, never opened as I don’t have a dvd player - if anyone wants it, hit me up. I nearly dropped it off at goodwill.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So I've had some time to digest it. I still hold I don't like a lot about the writing of the episode. I still say Gambit was chosen not because he is important to the writer but because they needed a death for the plot and Gambit was expendable and not important to the main story.(I feel even the episode itself didn't emphasize him enough. I felt it was more action oriented and less Gambit oriented)

But with that said Gambit has become a lot more mainstream to people. I checked out some reactions and people ppl are excited about him which is great. Idk if this is just temporary grief for Gambit or will carry over long term but he had a major profile boost. I'm hoping maybe more social media algorithm boosts will cause a larger number of people advocating for better Gambit treatment
    I agree. Especially regarding the Scott-Jean-Maddie stuff, which took too much away, then the later action scenes. We don't get much of him and this was supposed to be his centric episode. But yes, I also love that people are loving him now, even the haters concede he was great this ep. And I also hope this helps the character in general in the long run. I'm here for the Remyssance, is what I'm saying.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Forbes: X-Men 97’ Episode 5 Cements It As One Of The Best Marvel Projects, Ever

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...h=78690742c1ca

But yeah, what an episode. This is easily the best Marvel project since Endgame, and this specific Gambit moment reminded me of the epic Loki finale. It may have been better. I can’t believe how good this series is.

I'm never been more prouder to be a Gambit fan when this episode aired.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Wow. Love this.

I wasn't a fan of Evolution and was underwhelmed by WATX, but despite that, I like all of Gambit's cartoon versions in some capacity. I find it's interesting that in Evo and WATX they chose to make him shady instead of heroic. Not dissing it or anything, I just think it's an interesting choice. Did they ever release Evo Season 4 (the Cajun Spice episode season) on DVD? I remember looking for it back then and couldn't find it. I don't think Evolution is on Disney+...I wouldn't mind rewatching his episodes.
    You can download all of TAS and Evolution from the Internet Archive
    Evo
    https://archive.org/details/x-men-ev...Strategy+X.mkv

TAS
    https://archive.org/details/x-men-th...+Sentinels.mkv

edit:

As for Gambit being shady, I was recently reading some early 90s X-Men, mostly for Sabretooth. Anyway, he and Gambit had a history. They were both after the same gem. Remy stole it from this girl in love with him, then also let Sabretooth kill her when Victor gave him the choice of who to kill, the girl or his thief brother. The dying woman also confesses she would have just given the gem to Gambit. So he stole it, broke her heart, then sorta got her killed.

It's not something he's proud of but he was young, like he says. And Evo Gambit is also young.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-13-2024 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I'm never been more prouder to be a Gambit fan when this episode aired.
    Me too.
    I just hope that it finally will kick Marvel tops to push Remy in all media.
    Uncanny seems like a good start but I also hope for MCU, Insomniac future X-Men games with Gambit and hopefully for Gambit to have a successful solo ongoing again.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    You can download all of TAS and Evolution from the Internet Archive
    Evo
    https://archive.org/details/x-men-ev...Strategy+X.mkv

TAS
    https://archive.org/details/x-men-th...+Sentinels.mkv

edit:

As for Gambit being shady, I was recently reading some early 90s X-Men, mostly for Sabretooth. Anyway, he and Gambit had a history. They were both after the same gem. Remy stole it from this girl in love with him, then also let Sabretooth kill her when Victor gave him the choice of who to kill, the girl or his thief brother. The dying woman also confesses she would have just given the gem to Gambit. So he stole it, broke her heart, then sorta got her killed.

It's not something he's proud of but he was young, like he says. And Evo Gambit is also young.
    Yes. X-Men 33. A lot of Gambit fans list this story as one of the best.

Mighty Member

The pants neeed a lil Gambit magic but this picture is nice. I even think that dark red chestplate kinda slays

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah, it's a great issue. I like Gambit being a bit shady, but when it comes to cartoons, I prefer him as an X-man on the team because he would automatically get more screen time. I just find it interesting they decided to not put him on the team on both Evo and WATX or cameo him as an X-men ally. He's not a traditional X-men villain in the 616 comics (Deathbit excluded), so it's an interesting choice.

I still can't believe the events of episode 5 happened. All of the good press is just awesome to hear/read.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-13-2024 at 03:46 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

Insomniac future X-Men games with Gambit
    This is all I want. I know marvel is developing an overwatch type game but I really want a solo playthrough game as well

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I have the boxed set on dvd, never opened as I don’t have a dvd player - if anyone wants it, hit me up. I nearly dropped it off at goodwill.
    Local libraries take donated DVDs and even VHS tapes. Older generations sometimes like nostalgia media.i feel like if they unopened they might turn into collectors items

Episode 5 of X-Men 97 was fantastic! Love that this show was trending(might still be.) I've watched so many reaction videos! Such a good showing for our man main.

X-Men: Evolution is on Disney Plus. Could not get into that show when I was younger(I really tried) but watched it all last year. It's alright!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Yeah! Andy Kubert is truly matchless (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-13-2024 at 11:17 PM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."