Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Reviews have been good from what I've seen! It's going to be tough waiting until after work to watch these. Definitely staying off of this site tomorrow lol
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Reviews have been good from what I've seen! It's going to be tough waiting until after work to watch these. Definitely staying off of this site tomorrow lol
    Yeah going to be tough. Gonna have to stay off social media with all the spoilers. But I think I’ll make it. Great news is Disney + comes free with my cable subscription. So yay!

Hype is real!

Seeing that many posts for Gambit warms my dark lil' heart.

I’m not on X/TwiXer to know for sure, but I think 90% of those posts are about Gambit’s crop top.

Mighty Member

Aj Locasio does an ok Cajun accent but it doesn't always read well on screen. There's times where I genuinely couldn't understand what he was saying and there were even times where I was confused hearing him and Sunspot wondering if it was the same voice actor. I think his accent is totally fine and maybe it will get better but I do miss Chris Potter. He really made that voice sing. We will see how Chris sounds as another character soon and hope he sounds good

Unfortunately Gambit doesn't really seem cool here. Him Wolverine and even Cyclops are really written as almost petulant crybabies. 3 of the coolest characters written like pouty children angry at the situations. I don't want to see Gambit with his arms folded for the rest of the season lol.

I don't particularly love what I saw Gambit wise. I even felt that fastball special was kinda overly complicated for no reason. I wish they cut out the morph part of it but whatever

Idk if I'm going to like this portrayal I just want Gambit to be cool again. We will see if the character assassination is just set up or not

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I’m not on X/TwiXer to know for sure, but I think 90% of those posts are about Gambit’s crop top.
    It is. I mean I know the situation with Beau Demayo and OF and unfortunately that's the only topic anyone wants to talk about. I'm actually not sure how I feel when I'm going to talk about Gambit and try to talk and the people I'm interacting with on a xmen cartoon are all these adult gay BDSM profiles with certain words in their profiles I'm not even sure I should say here. That's one thing they really do bad on there now. Adult stuff is just so blatantly out in the open now but those are the people talking about Gambit right now. It's not a bad thing or whatever I don't mind them it's just there seems to be a heavy adult work discussion around Gambit which if I'm being honest is not the convos I want to have.

I was hoping I'd be able to talk about something deeper with fans about Gambit but that's really it and the fact people think Magneto and Rogue make a better pairing than Rogue/Gambit. Which I disagree with

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    the fact people think Magneto and Rogue make a better pairing than Rogue/Gambit. Which I disagree with
    I've seen a little bit of that if I go hunting, but for the most part, I'm seeing on Twitter and reddit that people are against Rogneto.

This is just the start of Gambit's arc. As long as they don't write him to be too much of a "nice guy", I think it'll be okay.
    Make Good Art

I've seen a little bit of that if I go hunting, but for the most part, I'm seeing on Twitter and reddit that people are against Rogneto.

This is just the start of Gambit's arc. As long as they don't write him to be too much of a "nice guy", I think it'll be okay.
    What I've heard/read is some of those who liked the Rogue/Magneto plot twist were excited about the melodrama of a love triangle and no real opinion on the pairing. Personally I could have done without it, thank you.

As for the new voice of Gambit, it's fine. Not as good as Potter, but it's okay. I hated his fashion choice. He looked great in uniform, though.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    What I've heard/read is some of those who liked the Rogue/Magneto plot twist were excited about the melodrama of a love triangle and no real opinion on the pairing. Personally I could have done without it, thank you.

As for the new voice of Gambit, it's fine. Not as good as Potter, but it's okay. I hated his fashion choice. He looked great in uniform, though.
    Yeah, I've seen that, too. Plus Lenore Zann and people who have seen ep 3 seem to be stirring the pot.

It definitely feels like a monkey's paw. We get the show back but now it seems like Gambit might be a sad sack for the season for "development". And it's weird that this relationship is being explored when Rogue/Magneto didn't have any history in the original series.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Aj Locasio does an ok Cajun accent but it doesn't always read well on screen. There's times where I genuinely couldn't understand what he was saying and there were even times where I was confused hearing him and Sunspot wondering if it was the same voice actor. I think his accent is totally fine and maybe it will get better but I do miss Chris Potter. He really made that voice sing. We will see how Chris sounds as another character soon and hope he sounds good

Unfortunately Gambit doesn't really seem cool here. Him Wolverine and even Cyclops are really written as almost petulant crybabies. 3 of the coolest characters written like pouty children angry at the situations. I don't want to see Gambit with his arms folded for the rest of the season lol.

I don't particularly love what I saw Gambit wise. I even felt that fastball special was kinda overly complicated for no reason. I wish they cut out the morph part of it but whatever

Idk if I'm going to like this portrayal I just want Gambit to be cool again. We will see if the character assassination is just set up or not
    Honesty he spoke so little that I don't remember if it was good or bad. But I didn't have the sound cranked up much either.

The fastball version was cool but it was also unnecessary complicated. I think the novelty of Remy charging Logans claws goes a long way and at the same time they didn't fully explore that or take advantage of it. Still it was cool, if not only for seeing his claws glow pink.

I have written it before but two things are bothering me: One is that Remy was only really active in the first episode. Second is the introduction of Rogneto.

I enjoyed the episodes but I found myself not enjoying them as a Romy fans so much. Magneto's speach was good. Ororo had awesome moments. Jean and Scott had much of the screen time and Cyclops had a very good first episode. Jubillee had a good first episode, and vanished in the second. It's not strange to wonder: Will Remy get that treatment in an episode? What will we get from him? So far we have too little too judge. I think overall this season will be a strong season. A strong Gambit season? I am honestly a bit worried there. We might get him whining and being not featured as much. I hope the next episode puts the whole triangle on Rogues shoulders. Let Remy just snipe at Magneto sometimes and do other things. There are just to many potential traps in that a triangle that will potray him as something I have no desire to see.
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-21-2024 at 10:58 AM.

Yeah, it seemed like everyone other than Gambit and Jubilee were featured pretty heavily in episode 2.
    Make Good Art

Yeah, it seemed like everyone other than Gambit and Jubilee were featured pretty heavily in episode 2.
    Beast didn't do anything either, I guess everyone will have their moment to shine.

Yeah, I've seen that, too. Plus Lenore Zann and people who have seen ep 3 seem to be stirring the pot.

It definitely feels like a monkey's paw. We get the show back but now it seems like Gambit might be a sad sack for the season for "development". And it's weird that this relationship is being explored when Rogue/Magneto didn't have any history in the original series.
    I haven't heard anything plot-wise of what happens in episode 3 (other than some "indifferent to Gambit or Romy" folks saying it was great), so please do spoil it for me, if you can.

I am afraid the love triangle will be his raison d'être for the first season, which is such a pity. Gambit should be a bad@$$, not moping around or cranky all season. I'm not against some angst, I'm just tired of love triangles and their predictable outcomes.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.