Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Even though I have mixed feelings about the outfit, I respect this guy's commitment
    The real question is, was it really cropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    AJ's doing a great job promoting the character.

Gambit's suddenly rising in popularity again. He was trending heavily when the series premiered. This all will bode well for him on screen in the MCU, if this keeps up, he might get a solo film AND a big role in the next X-Men movie. What's more impressive is that (IMO) he's been given a really bad character arc for this first season...and maybe that's because the audience is empathising with him? I know that crop top helped him trend and the combo he had with Wolverine to destroy Master Mold has become iconic.

Again, I'm still very concerned about his character arc for this season, jealous/mopey Gambit is what I hate reading about the most (and watching). I want it to get resolved by the end of ep 5...but I'm not sure. This storyline is already exhausting and heaven help us if this drags on to season 2.
    I think Gambit is quite popular among non-comics readers and I think among readers he is not as hated as seems by the attitude of some writers/editors.

I hope that with the change in the X-office things will change, that they will treat Gambit again with the same respect they treat other characters.

Let's hope his character arc is more than just the stupid love triangle that no one really wants.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think the fact that Gambit is on Uncanny is a good sign and Simone seems to understand him a lot better than some previous writers, just based on what she's said already.

Even though I hate the love triangle and I'm disappointed he hasn't been used more so far, I think there's an opportunity for Gambit to get a good arc this season and season 2. So, as long as he doesn't try to go and kill Magneto, I'm sure it will work out.
    Make Good Art

I can't help but be excited for Uncanny X-Men. I told my brother that Gambit is on the main team and it sounds like he'll be used well. He then reminded me how many times they tricked me and let me down. But I can't help it lol.

We've been dealing with writers who are unestablished like Tini Howard and Stephanie Phillips for so long, that I'm just glad we have a seasoned writer coming to this book. In addition, Gail's written team books (street-level, no less) in the past that were fairly well regarded. So, that in itself gives me hope.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    We've been dealing with writers who are unestablished like Tini Howard and Stephanie Phillips for so long, that I'm just glad we have a seasoned writer coming to this book. In addition, Gail's written team books (street-level, no less) in the past that were fairly well regarded. So, that in itself gives me hope.
    Gail should be able to capture the charm and guile of Gambit quite nicely. But I also thought the same about Carey...

I think she has it in her to write a great Remy. I just hope it translates into the pages. But for once the odds certainly seems to be in the cajuns favor.

The fact the book is set in Louisiana and the team's base is one of Gambit's properties should ensure that Remy will have at the very least a decent role in the series instead of being treated as a silent, albeit dapper, background character. Gail has said she is a fan, so it's not unreasonable for us to hope for some good stories/development for our Cajun. It would be pretty low for a writer to mistreat a character whose history/background is the basis for the setting the book, right?

AJ LoCascio seems like a funny affable guy. I gotta say, I like him. I hope he gets more than a couple of lines to read per episode.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-02-2024 at 03:46 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    The fact the book is set in Louisiana and the team's base is one of Gambit's properties should ensure that Remy will have at the very least a decent role in the series instead of being treated as a silent, albeit dapper, background character. Gail has said she is a fan, so it's not unreasonable for us to hope for some good stories/development for our Cajun. It would be pretty low for a writer to mistreat a character whose history/background is the basis for the setting the book, right?

AJ LoCascio seems like a funny affable guy. I gotta say, I like him. I hope he gets more than a couple of lines to read per episode.
    I dunno he could be stuck with kitchen duty the entire series... which we would allow if we are provided with a recipe every time he cooks something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I dunno he could be stuck with kitchen duty the entire series... which we would allow if we are provided with a recipe every time he cooks something.
    Ha! The statement of a true Gambit fan who knows what’s up. I’ll pass on more recipes tho.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Even though I have mixed feelings about the outfit, I respect this guy's commitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The real question is, was it really cropped?
    HE could pull it off if it were...but it appears it wasn't cropped. Makes me think about DC's new policy that if you voice a character in animation, you also play the character in live action...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-03-2024 at 09:41 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Production Weekly: ‘UNTITLED X-MEN REBOOT’ to begin production late-2025!

https://www.productionweekly.com/

I hope Tatum's Gambit or any Gambit is in it and he is cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Production Weekly: ‘UNTITLED X-MEN REBOOT’ to begin production late-2025!

https://www.productionweekly.com/

I hope Tatum's Gambit or any Gambit is in it and he is cool!
    That's super exciting! *please involve Gambit*

Maybe he in the white suit is a flashback ? Of things he did as a thief and that's why he doesn't feel like a hero ?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    HE could pull it off if it were...but it appears it wasn't cropped. Makes me think about DC's new policy that if you voice a character in animation, you also play the character in live action...

Wow AJ is quite the eyecandy and appropriately so.

X-Men '97 seems to be following the tradition of having Gambit be a punching bag. I'm really hoping next week is good for our boy.
    Make Good Art