Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

If bleedingcool leak is coorect, then Gambit is on flagship X-Men book with Rogue, Wolverine and Kurt!

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    If bleedingcool leak is coorect, then Gambit is on flagship X-Men book with Rogue, Wolverine and Kurt!

X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey
    I'll believe it when I see it. Marquez would be so freaking good though.

Unlimited 130 is out today. Some good Candra&Remy but to little Carmen&Remy for my tastes. I am a bit torn.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Marquez would be so freaking good though.

Unlimited 130 is out today. Some good Candra&Remy but to little Carmen&Remy for my tastes. I am a bit torn.
    Yeah, agreed on both parts. It was just nice seeing Remy as a supportive mentor again, though.

GIZRAZYXoAAIz2i.jpg
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Here is an image of the upcoming cartoon! What a coincidence that Kurt and Remy fighting side by side. Since they are also going to be on a team book together too. Gambit looks so cool - the smile on his face, the bo staff and his pose. I love that he is reaching for his card.

Amelia Vidal is doing the Lord's work with the designs. Sounds like they translate well for action in the animation too. Gambit looks perfect and it's a small thing but I love that Nightcrawler's face actually looks like it's partially hidden in shadow
    Make Good Art

Gambit's "newish" look for the Gail Simone book. I really like the holster/pouch on his hip

Make Good Art

The fact that Marquez draws him means it will be good. The design is safe but that is fine with me. I'm more interested in the quality versus the new at this moment. We have had a lot of new with uneven quality these last five years. Now it seems we might get quality with less emphasise on things being new. Cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, with how they seem to be tying the looks in with X-Men 97, I'm not altogether surprised they're not giving him or Rogue anything completely new.

And apparently the team is going to be operating in New Orleans as "Outlaw Heroes", so that premise alone is promising to me.

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/s...63476253102113
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, with how they seem to be tying the looks in with X-Men 97, I'm not altogether surprised they're not giving him or Rogue anything completely new.

And apparently the team is going to be operating in New Orleans as "Outlaw Heroes", so that premise alone is promising to me.

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/s...63476253102113
    I think my hype will explode when we get a sense of how Gail's Gambit will be. I find it very hard to gauge atm. I'm wondering if it will be like Catman.. Scandal... There are definitive sides to Remy that she can lean on. What will be his role in the team and most importantly how will he interact with Rogue. With her as team leader and it being set in New Orleans it's hard not to assume he will be a big presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit's "newish" look for the Gail Simone book. I really like the holster/pouch on his hip

Love new costume. It has everything you need for a recognizable Gambit.
    I am so ready for Uncanny X-Men by Simone with Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Jubs!

Love all characters on this team and it so awesome that books starts in NOLA.

Very excited for it and hope it will be a huge seller.
    We are so lucky with Marquez!

I love Marquez's art and, for me, great art makes a world of difference. Has Simone ever commented on Gambit in the past? I love the line-up and premise of this book, I just hope we get a good characterization of Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I love Marquez's art and, for me, great art makes a world of difference. Has Simone ever commented on Gambit in the past? I love the line-up and premise of this book, I just hope we get a good characterization of Remy.
    The only comments I’ve seen her make about Gambit is to call him a ‘narc.’ I don’t know if she thinks he’s secretly a narcotics officer, or is that short for narcissist? She did recently show up on the House of Gambit FB group to say she likes him. So maybe she came around to the enlightened, most correct mindset.

First voice lines for Gambit in X-Men 97. He sounds good and love that short line
    https://youtu.be/c0kP2J4c4yw?si=WxHJIVpUkSSOZA7l

Resurrected by all those trailers! The new VA sounds fantastic. Wild, how these little clips have me more hyped than the current books.

Feeling cautiously optimistic about the relaunch, too. Still not sure if I trust editorial, but I have high hopes that Gail Simone will at least deliver us a charming and competent Remy. Something as simple as her checking out Gambit fan pages speaks to much more care and research than what we’ve gotten the last several years. That alone gives me hope that a wider breadth of reader response might be paid attention to. Would be a nice change of pace to see that office listen to more than just the fans with podcasts and/or always going viral for Twitter mean girl hot takes on fictional characters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The only comments I’ve seen her make about Gambit is to call him a ‘narc.’ I don’t know if she thinks he’s secretly a narcotics officer, or is that short for narcissist? She did recently show up on the House of Gambit FB group to say she likes him. So maybe she came around to the enlightened, most correct mindset.
    Gail seems to enjoy having long-running jokes, so I think the "Gambit is a narc" stuff is just like the Bear jokes or the Cyclops/heat-vision jokes. She's just digging her heels in for fun.
    Make Good Art