Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gavo View Post
    Hi all, I haven't read xmen since before all the pandemic stuff happened and I really lost interest when the Krakoa stuff started (it all seemed kind of grossly doomed from the start to me), but I've been catching up on the Xmen 97 series and looking forward to Uncanny. Gambit was my favorite character in the 90s and early 2000s (even though a lot of the writing for Gambit was terrible for a time) and I'm super happy to see him get some spotlight again. Is there any good place to catch up on what the heck happened with Krakoa though before I jump back into Xmen and Gambit come summer?
    I'd check one of the wikis because the only series worth reading as a Gambit fan is Dark X-Men and by the looks of things that will have absolutely nothing to do with the current event. Excalibur had potential with the Tarot cards actually doing different things but they dropped subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Possibly. My preference is if Gambit comes back as more of a villain and this doesnt get resolved until next season.

Always felt Deathbit could have been done better. Especially if you give Gambit New Sun powers and so he is able to essentially overthrow whoever made him into Deathbit and become an Omega Level Villain.

Then perhaps after throwing all of what Rogue did back at her, part of what breaks him free is him finding out she did in fact chose him in the end.
    I am ok with Gambit more a villain when he must work for Sinister to fulfil his own motives, to save someone or to be a double agent.
    But brainwashed horseman is definitively not what interests me for full season 2. That is why I want it to be resolved asap this season.

Uncanny #1 cover

With Professor X gone and his school transformed into a nightmare reflection of itself, the series sees Rogue step up to be the pillar of Xavier’s dream alongside Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Jubilee. From their new base of operations in New Orleans, the Uncanny X-Men are back to being the outlaw heroes the world hates and fears—and the light in the darkness for mutants everywhere! Mutantkind made a big statement with Krakoa, and now, life is harder for them than ever before, but Rogue’s X-Men will be there to welcome mutants to their new found family.

A core group of essential X-Men rise From the Ashes to face a world without a home—and without Professor X! All bonds among the mutant community seem to be slipping away, and Rogue reluctantly finds herself as the hero designated to bring them back together... but a fearless, malignant power is out there hunting mutants, and it has a terrible secret that may destroy what remains of the X-Men.

Okay, I think Gambit coming back through time-travel is off the table...

https://twitter.com/JM72530/status/1783547544015970644

"Me say stay tuned" when asked about the Horseman theory...

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...81785592660451

...And I got this from Andresa from the Gambit Guild forum. A "like" from Beau on IG...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post

...And I got this from Andresa from the Gambit Guild forum. A "like" from Beau on IG...
    I doubt that he would say stay tuned for S2 2025 at best.

I am sure that Prime Sentinel Gambit will appear as reimagined Deathbit in the end of ep 8 or 9.

But it don't stop time travel possibility for last episode of season if episodes 8-9 will make things completely terrible for X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt that he would say stay tuned for S2 2025 at best.

I am sure that Prime Sentinel Gambit will appear as reimagined Deathbit in the end of ep 8 or 9.

But it don't stop time travel possibility for last episode of season if episodes 8-9 will make things completely terrible for X-Men.

Lenore's been saying "stay tuned" as well over the last couple of weeks.

There'll be time-travel (Beau hinted it), it might go throughout the 3-parter with Cable and Bishop. But Gambit won't return via time-travel, it takes away his heroics and sacrifice from ep 5, and if not for him, the Wild Sentinel would've killed everyone in Genosha. I'll say he'll be revived as a Prime Sentinel. In Xavier's vision, he turned into one.

Lenore's been saying "stay tuned" as well over the last couple of weeks.

There'll be time-travel (Beau hinted it), it might go throughout the 3-parter with Cable and Bishop. But Gambit won't return via time-travel, it takes away his heroics and sacrifice from ep 5, and if not for him, the Wild Sentinel would've killed everyone in Genosha. I'll say he'll be revived as a Prime Sentinel. In Xavier's vision, he turned into one.
    I think that Bastion will win and kill most of X-Men. Sentinel Gambit may even help him.
    So Cable with Forge and Xavier will send a telapthetic message into past before Genosha atatck. Everyone will remeber what has heppened and will change the future. So everyone will remeber sacrifice, keep their character growth but also get their happy ending and even mutant nation.

I've lost hope in the return via time travel theory. I prefer Deathbit over Prime Sentinel, but all of the death references could be interpreted as literally Death or just a harbinger of death. I'm not sure how the Prime Sentinel technology works: how does it get activated? Plus him being dead and all... would he be revived then changed into a Sentinel? I'm just dreading a zombie Gambit situation. I'm fine with him being turned into a temporary villain, as long as we get regular alive and well Gambit in the end. I don't want to go through another Gambit death.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm not saying that I am still holding out hope for time travel, but Beau says a lot of things. He insisted Magneto was dead, after all.
    Make Good Art

I've been thinking about Gambit being turned into a Sentinel and I've come up with some wild speculation:

spoilers:
    First, it doesn't make sense to me that Bastion would specifically target Gambit. He seems more interested in Magz and revealing that Xavier is alive. What makes more sense to me is that he plans on turning everyone who died on Genosha into a Sentinel. Now I'm not sure when he would have time to do that, but it hit me: green energy. Trask was hit in the back with green energy at the end of EP6. Nate was also put into green liquid in EP3. So what if turning people into Sentinels is actually a virus? That means the Master Mold on Genosha was a massive, infection machine and everyone that was killed is infected. If you are hit directly with the green beam, you get the full force of the infection. In Gambit's case, he was impaled by Master Mold so he would be infected but maybe not on the level as everyone else. That would leave the door open for Rogue to reach him before he does anything terrible. So the finale could be Cable and co. traveling through time to get a cure, or mass produce one, while the X-Men fight the resurrected Prime Sentinels.

This way Genosha sticks and everyone can come back to life.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 04-26-2024 at 08:28 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Bastion will win and kill most of X-Men. Sentinel Gambit may even help him.
    So Cable with Forge and Xavier will send a telapthetic message into past before Genosha atatck. Everyone will remeber what has heppened and will change the future. So everyone will remeber sacrifice, keep their character growth but also get their happy ending and even mutant nation.
    This feels like the way things are heading with the level of misery we are getting. Maybe everyone will return except Gambit and he will either be Deathbit or he will return and won’t remember his love for Rogue in the short term. That I could get behind.

I agree that it needs to take into account his heroism.

I also agree that at this point DeMayo just says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    spoilers:
    Trask was hit in the back with green energy at the end of EP6.
    end of spoilers

Wow, my memory sucks. Disregard that entire post. lol

I guess I'm back on Time Travel.

I do think you’re on to something with the spread of infection/disease. The telepathic flashes keep featuring a horde of rats, which only makes me think of the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I do think you’re on to something with the spread of infection/disease. The telepathic flashes keep featuring a horde of rats, which only makes me think of the plague.
    And now I'm back to my theory. lol

I guess I confused the color of the energy blast with the green light that Sinister emerged from. I didn't think about the rats so that is a very good point.