Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    With AI art, the fingers are usually a dead giveaway. In this case it's the way the weapon is placed behind his forearm.
    Yeah it's getting hard to tell. I'm not sure the colors I would go with. Idk does emo or goth black work for people? I kinda like the idea that even in death form Gambit would still be like "I still gotta look good"

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah it's getting hard to tell. I'm not sure the colors I would go with. Idk does emo or goth black work for people? I kinda like the idea that even in death form Gambit would still be like "I still gotta look good"
    Mr Sinister looks like Dracula, so I'd go with sexy vampire/goth for Gambit.
    I just hope it'll be covered this season now that Sinister is the big bad (with probably Bastion). I don't really want to wait until season 2 for a payoff.

So my final prediction how X-Men 97 season 1 will end.

spoilers:
    I still think that everything will be worse and worse for X-Men with every episode and most of cast will die till the end of ep9. So in Ep 10 Forge will fix Cable's tech and Xavier will send mind message to X-Men in the past.
    So Gambit and X-Men or even all mutants in the past will Remember everything from future (and Gambit's sacrifice) and unite before attack on Genosha. Everything ends with a massive fight.

After fight Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance or even fast marriage.
    Rogue has her red dress and Gambit his costume, but white from X-Men 24. They must have their dance.

Rogue was afraid to dance in ep1 with Gambit. Chose wrong dance in ep 5 with Mags. Finally, will have a right dance in ep 10.
    end of spoilers

My brother who rarely speaks to me took the time to text me to rub Gambit’s death in my face and say: I don’t recall him ever being brought back to life (and also to comment negatively on his crop top). This both made me mad and also made me think of the times Gambit has returned from death. Recently, in the stupid Knights of X, but more notably the one where he sacrifices himself and dies in a ‘state of grace’ from which Rogue calls him back. spoilers:
    X saw Gambit on the Astral Plane, maybe his consciousness is still hanging out.
    end of spoilers Maybe Rogue will somehow call him back and they can consider lives as a couple, a la Valle Soleada, and Remy could really have his white picket reward.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My brother who rarely speaks to me took the time to text me to rub Gambit’s death in my face and say: I don’t recall him ever being brought back to life (and also to comment negatively on his crop top). This both made me mad and also made me think of the times Gambit has returned from death. Recently, in the stupid Knights of X, but more notably the one where he sacrifices himself and dies in a ‘state of grace’ from which Rogue calls him back. spoilers:
    X saw Gambit on the Astral Plane, maybe his consciousness is still hanging out.
    end of spoilers Maybe Rogue will somehow call him back and they can consider lives as a couple, a la Valle Soleada, and Remy could really have his white picket reward.
    Your brother should be sent to Slytherin. Immediately. At least for rarely speaking with you.
    spoilers:
    I do think that they will reunite, leave X-Men and will live some time in la Valle Soleada or go to honeymoon before brought back to help save the world in S2.
    end of spoilers

Just speculation.
    spoilers:
    Some people think that the spinning globe in a pink flames in Xavier vision is a nod or foreshadow to New Sun.
    How would you rank a possibility of resurrected Gambit with New Sun powers to be used as a weapon to turn Earth into toast?

I don`t believe we will see New Sun, really.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-19-2024 at 05:29 AM.

I doubt any mention of New Sun, but enhanced powers upon being revived? Maybe?

Today I'm fixated on the fact that in his death scene, we don't see his eyes. They went out of their way to show Calisto's dead stare, but not Remy's. Probably means nothing, but it was a choice.

Also, half his hair was burnt off. If revived, well, that's going to be an interesting look.

spoilers:
    I like the Astral Plane theory.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-19-2024 at 07:13 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Also, half his hair was burnt off. If revived, well, that's going to be an interesting look
    He’s just rocking a new mullet - party of the left side, horror show on the right

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    He’s just rocking a new mullet - party of the left side, horror show on the right
    XD Okay you got me. I laughed until I said, oh no, I just made myself sad.

I haven't been watching but I just read an article saying Gambit got replaced by Nightcrawler. I'm not surprised because on the DVD covers of the OG cartoon Nightcrawler was there instead of Gambit. I think the higher ups have been wanting this for a long time. Plus Gambit was often left out of the merchandise like mugs and trading cards and whatever else.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I haven't been watching but I just read an article saying Gambit got replaced by Nightcrawler. I'm not surprised because on the DVD covers of the OG cartoon Nightcrawler was there instead of Gambit. I think the higher ups have been wanting this for a long time. Plus Gambit was often left out of the merchandise like mugs and trading cards and whatever else.
    As a Nightcrawler fan I would hate to see him replaced by Nightcrawler. I want Remy to return. I was actually looking forward to some interaction between the two. And not just that I like Remy on the whole. I think that's crazy if it's true. He's too popular of a character. I can see viewership taking a nosedive if his death is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I'm hoping the replacement in the theme song is just because they want to try and convince viewers that Gambit is really dead...at least until time travel brings him back. It's easier to raise the stakes and make him seem really dead if he's out of the theme entirely. I remember noticing that Nightcrawler was on lots of the DVD covers but I don't think I realized that he was replacing Gambit.

I've heard people mention before that Marvel is not really a fan of Gambit. Especially male writers and editorial who seem to view him as a threat and can't relate to his female appeal and how Marvel has tried to sabotage the character's success over the years like never pairing Rogue and Gambit together in the movies or other shows (Iceman being brought in as Rogue's love interest apparently was because Iceman, especially the movie version, was viewed as safe and more relatable for male fans). I don't know why Marvel would deliberately try to sabotage one of their most popular characters so the hypocrisy here astounds me. I hope they're not using this opportunity to kill him off for real. I've been 90% convinced he's coming back but I started off as 99% sure and my faith keeps dropping. Negative comments he's been getting about his crop top, for example, seem to highlight how insecure certain people are around Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    As a Nightcrawler fan I would hate to see him replaced by Nightcrawler. I want Remy to return. I was actually looking forward to some interaction between the two. And not just that I like Remy on the whole. I think that's crazy if it's true. He's too popular of a character. I can see viewership taking a nosedive if his death is permanent.
    Same. Both Remy and Kurt are part of Rogue's family and I'd like to see them interact together. If Remy is permanently killed off, that'll never happen. I think there will be some very mighty backlash if his death isn't reversed by the end of the season. Gambit was always the biggest fan fav after Wolverine so it makes no sense.

The opening credits seem to change with whoever is an active member of the team. Bishop returned to the future: he left the credits. Storm took leave from the team: she left the credits. Magneto and Gambit are assumed dead: no longer in the credits. It will likely be an ever changing element of the show, depending on events. It's not permanent. I don't think Gambit's death is permanent either.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-20-2024 at 04:00 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm hoping the replacement in the theme song is just because they want to try and convince viewers that Gambit is really dead...at least until time travel brings him back. It's easier to raise the stakes and make him seem really dead if he's out of the theme entirely. I remember noticing that Nightcrawler was on lots of the DVD covers but I don't think I realized that he was replacing Gambit.

I've heard people mention before that Marvel is not really a fan of Gambit. Especially male writers and editorial who seem to view him as a threat and can't relate to his female appeal and how Marvel has tried to sabotage the character's success over the years like never pairing Rogue and Gambit together in the movies or other shows (Iceman being brought in as Rogue's love interest apparently was because Iceman, especially the movie version, was viewed as safe and more relatable for male fans). I don't know why Marvel would deliberately try to sabotage one of their most popular characters so the hypocrisy here astounds me. I hope they're not using this opportunity to kill him off for real. I've been 90% convinced he's coming back but I started off as 99% sure and my faith keeps dropping. Negative comments he's been getting about his crop top, for example, seem to highlight how insecure certain people are around Remy.
    In the movies the official reasoning was Bryan Singer thought his powers were too much like Cyclops and personality was too much like Wolverine. But truth is Gambit is hard for insecure guys to bond with. He's not depressed, dealing with inner rage or a control freak. He's just a dude who has some trauma and loves life and gets with ladies? Hard for a lot of writers to empathize with that guess