Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    X-Men '97 seems to be following the tradition of having Gambit be a punching bag. I'm really hoping next week is good for our boy.
    He's not in character at the moment. If you look at the first season of XTAS he had this hard-edge about him, he was an emotional fortress and fearless. His character arc consisted of three things...

1. He found out crucial information about Gyrich and Trask and the Sentinel program in Genosha that was pivotal in the season finale. Saved Storm and Jubilee in the process.

2. Bishop accused him of being the traitor and proved his innocence by saving Senator Kelly from Mystique and prevented an assassination that lead to dystopian future.

3. Developing relationships: Budding romance with Rogue, closeness with Storm, older brother figure to Jubilee and a rivalry/bromance with Wolverine.

In X-Men 97, all I'm seeing is his crop top and memes about him getting cucked by a geriatric.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-04-2024 at 09:06 AM.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    He's not in character at the moment. If you look at the first season of XTAS he had this hard-edge about him, he was an emotional fortress and fearless. His character arc consisted of three things...

1. He found out crucial information about Gyrich and Trask and the Sentinel program in Genosha that was pivotal in the season finale. Saved Storm and Jubilee in the process.

2. Bishop accused him of being the traitor and proved his innocence by saving Senator Kelly from Mystique and prevented an assassination that lead to dystopian future.

3. Developing relationships: Budding romance with Rogue, closeness with Storm, older brother figure to Jubilee and a rivalry/bromance with Wolverine.

In X-Men 97, all I'm seeing is his crop top and memes about him getting cucked by a geriatric.
    Yeah, I'm still enjoying the show overall, but it's frustrating seeing so little of him, and when we do, it's mainly to do with the possible Rogneto red herring. He hasn't been allowed to do much, but then the show's been so tightly focused on a few other characters, so he's not the only one being pushed aside. I get why they had the order for 10 episodes but the show really could have benefited from more, for pacing and characterization. With the show's talk of family, we're not seeing much of those close non-romantic relationships.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post

Pretty much. Like, I get that it's an ensemble show so not everyone is going to get focus every episode but the little bits we've gotten of Gambit in the last couple of episodes are starting to make him look pathetic. I truly don't see why he would be putting up with Magneto as the leader, especially when he's blatantly being a dick.
    Make Good Art

To be fair, Wolverine's still hung up on Jean and doing very little as well. As is Rogue.

I had to vent a little because I re-watched that breakfast scene. But I did say I'll reserve judgement until episode 5 with Gambit (and there IS some promising material there). We'll see.

The issue I have with the show is I simply dont think Gambit would sit around sulking. Either he confronts Rogue about Mags or he challenges Mags to a danger room seaon where he confronts Mags about Rogue.

Him just sitting there taking these jabs bears no resemblance to the Gambit I know.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Has Remy ever charged up a person's body part and blown it off? I'll even tke him doing that to a Reaver's cybernetic enhancements

He charged Daken's arm once with pretty gruesome results
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Has Remy ever charged up a person's body part and blown it off? I'll even tke him doing that to a Reaver's cybernetic enhancements
    Do you count Warren’s wings in Dark X-men?

Just a heads up: Gambit, and his cats, are on the cover of the new Infinity Paws #1 Infinity comic on Marvel Unlimited. I don't know if he's in it, yet, or if it's a one-shot or a series (can't read it, right now), but I thought y'all would want to know.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Do you count Warren’s wings in Dark X-men?
    yeah I would. Forgot about that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There is Daken as Sandman mentioned. There is also the time when he was turned into a Lizard creature by Dark Beast and charged up a smaller Lizard and used it as a bomb. One could argue that as Gambit was in a feral state that the claim he cant charge organic matter is more of a mental block.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The issue I have with the show is I simply dont think Gambit would sit around sulking. Either he confronts Rogue about Mags or he challenges Mags to a danger room seaon where he confronts Mags about Rogue.

Him just sitting there taking these jabs bears no resemblance to the Gambit I know.
    Agreed. XTAS Gambit has called her out on that in the past with Archangel and Cody.

I think he will confront Rogue next episode. There's a shot of him holding the queen of hearts in front of her and he doesn't look pleased. Part of me likes to think he's been putting on act in the last couple of episodes, pretending to be oblivious until he finds the right moment to question her.

I just hope if he does finally confront her, it doesn't get portrayed as him overreacting since she was actually just trying to learn to control her powers from Magneto. The optics of whatever her and Mags are doing are not good and Gambit is more than justified to feel a little peeved.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I just hope if he does finally confront her, it doesn't get portrayed as him overreacting since she was actually just trying to learn to control her powers from Magneto. The optics of whatever her and Mags are doing are not good and Gambit is more than justified to feel a little peeved.
    Gambit's a thief and a con artist, he should know what's up. I think he'll try to find answers from her past with Magneto.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I think he's putting up a façade--I think he suspects something is up with Mags besides the Rogue situation, and he's biding his time.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds