Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    So people speculate that this funeral is Gambit`s from trailer 0:36

https://youtu.be/pv3Ss8o9gGQ?si=9TAxFf1bMf5H1p__&t=36

I afraid that Remember It was so good that they will keep him dead.
    I think we should wait at least till Episode 8 to see. If they kill more from the main cast then probably all of them will return.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Hmm pretty good stuff. But......

spoilers:
    Comic accurate me was fuming... All I could think was that Gambit was not supposed to be able to charge that huge amount of mass that fast!
    end of spoilers
    It is about 20 seconds from when the Sentinel first impales Gambit to when you see the pink energy. I think he was charging him the whole time and you only see the pink energy when the charge is almost complete.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Gambit was a G! Loved to see him have his flourish, but the ending was tear-inducing. He'll be back. I'm sure of it. We love you Remy!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

I think this death is meant to be pretty permanent. The amount of spotlight they put on Gambit, giving him a ton of great action scenes and really gassing him up, isn't something they would do if he was going to be back in a couple episodes. Also, the show-runner's real life inspiration for this episode (Google "beau demayo episode five statement" to read it) seems like they were coming from a place where they were talking this very seriously, and not approaching it as a quickie superhero fake out death (like in Knights of X). I know people are pointing to Cable's appearance as an undo button, and I'm sure that will come back into play, but that's just not as compelling of evidence to me when it comes to Gambit. That said, superhero deaths are essentially never permanent, and should the show run for a while (and it's very much looking like it will) I doubt they'll be able to resist reuniting Rogue and Gambit forever. But again, this is such a big, serious moment that maybe they will!
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Loving all the Gambit love. This was a great episode for him. RIP Remy
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    I think this death is meant to be pretty permanent. The amount of spotlight they put on Gambit, giving him a ton of great action scenes and really gassing him up, isn't something they would do if he was going to be back in a couple episodes. Also, the show-runner's real life inspiration for this episode (Google "beau demayo episode five statement" to read it) seems like they were coming from a place where they were talking this very seriously, and not approaching it as a quickie superhero fake out death (like in Knights of X). I know people are pointing to Cable's appearance as an undo button, and I'm sure that will come back into play, but that's just not as compelling of evidence to me when it comes to Gambit. That said, superhero deaths are essentially never permanent, and should the show run for a while (and it's very much looking like it will) I doubt they'll be able to resist reuniting Rogue and Gambit forever. But again, this is such a big, serious moment that maybe they will!
    I agree with you. After reading DeMayo’s letter my instincts tell me it’s best to approach this as something permanent. He is building on personal experiences and it feels important to him and as of now it feels like bringing Remy back will threaten to cheapen this.

I still have to wonder: Why Remy? Was it simply because he was in a relationship, vague as it was, with Rogue? Will the reason why he stays dead or returns be because he was in a relationship? Because other then that they could have killed off another character.

I don't think it will be permanent.
    spoilers:
    After Romy thread I am sure that Remy will return for final fight in ep 10 or after final fight.

Gambit offered to dance in ep 1 in club but Rogue was afraid of her powers.

Rogue dances with Magneto instead on Gala and realize her mistake in ep 5.

Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance after final fight in ep 10.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't think it will be permanent.
    spoilers:
    After Romy thread I am sure that Remy will return for final fight in ep 10 or after final fight.

Gambit offered to dance in ep 1 in club but Rogue was afraid of her powers.

Rogue dances with Magneto instead on Gala and realize her mistake in ep 5.

Gambit and Rogue will have their happy dance after final fight in ep 10.
    end of spoilers
    I would love to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I would love to be wrong.
    That Lenore Zann X/Twitter post convinced me. spoilers:
    "Keep watchin’ Sugah. It ain’t over til it’s over."
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Edit: I was going to post Lenore's Tweet, but Nox beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Edit: I was going to post Lenore's Tweet, but Nox beat me to it
    Ah, sorry! You can still post the link, lol. Credit goes to you for sharing it on the Romy thread.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Ah, sorry! You can still post the link, lol. Credit goes to you for sharing it on the Romy thread.
    lol no need to apologize
    spoilers:
    Lenore also mentioned a couple of weeks back that she got the chance to work with AJ last year at the studio. I think they were deep into season 2 last year, so there's that as well.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

lol no need to apologize
    spoilers:
    Lenore also mentioned a couple of weeks back that she got the chance to work with AJ last year at the studio. I think they were deep into season 2 last year, so there's that as well.
    end of spoilers
    You're right. They started production of Season 2 in Feb and Lenore tweeted about it in August

https://twitter.com/ZannLenore/statu...08950584016896
    Make Good Art

lol no need to apologize
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    You're right. They started production of Season 2 in Feb and Lenore tweeted about it in August

https://twitter.com/ZannLenore/statu...08950584016896
    Well, that just made my day.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.