Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I'd be extremely disappointed if this love triangle is Gambit's character arc for the entire season. I've read 3-4 versions of it in the comics and they're honestly the worst stories he's ever had...the WORST. There's so much more to the character than this.
    The show is good so far from an X-Men perspective, but I really don't like the direction they're taking him here, and I think they're going to pummel him down even further in tomorrow's episode as well.

Episode 5 (the Genosha episode) looks to have some potential for Remy. I'm cautiously looking forward to that one. It's probably the ep that'll make or break him.
    Trying to think about what his arc could be for this season and it seems like there are a lot of opportunities to be bad. I really don't want him to be overly mopey and follow Rogue around with puppy dog eyes. However, I also don't want him to completely betray the team somehow just because of Magneto and make him look even better in the long-run. I don't think it will come to that, but based on his writing in the past, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm still for him just taking a break from the team and have Rogue come to him. And based on the snippets we've seen of the upcoming episodes, it looks like that might just happen.

But, if I had to guess, his arc this season will be: Angsty until the love triangle fizzles out with some cool action moments thrown in.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Trying to think about what his arc could be for this season and it seems like there are a lot of opportunities to be bad. I really don't want him to be overly mopey and follow Rogue around with puppy dog eyes.
    It's looking that way...
    He's not interacting with anyone else either. Storm, Wolverine, Jubilee, Beast were probably the ones outside of Rogue that he bonded with the most in the original series, and Bishop's there too with no one to talk to.

However, I also don't want him to completely betray the team somehow just because of Magneto and make him look even better in the long-run. I don't think it will come to that, but based on his writing in the past, it wouldn't surprise me.
    I don't think he'll betray the team, unless they bring up something with Sinister. I did hear that there is some Gambit stuff going on in ep 3 this week...whether it's good or not, we'll see.

I'm still for him just taking a break from the team and have Rogue come to him. And based on the snippets we've seen of the upcoming episodes, it looks like that might just happen.
    In the Rogue/Gambit thread, I was trying to piece together some of the trailer and other screenshots in Genosha, I don't know whether he went on his own or with the team in ep 5. Some scenes his looking angry and then he's smiling/laughing in a couple of other shots, I don't even know where his headspace is at. Though Rogue does fly down his balcony and enters his hotel room at some point.

But, if I had to guess, his arc this season will be: Angsty until the love triangle fizzles out with some cool action moments thrown in.
    I get that writers want angst, and some stories need to spice things up especially with a "will-they-won't-they" pairing, just don't make it trashy and hurt the characters going forward.
    Last edited by Sparta; 03-26-2024 at 09:04 AM.

For my Gambit stans.

It's looking that way...
    He's not interacting with anyone else either. Storm, Wolverine, Jubilee, Beast were probably the ones outside of Rogue that he bonded with the most in the original series, and Bishop's there too with no one to talk to.

I don't think he'll betray the team, unless they bring up something with Sinister. I did hear that there is some Gambit stuff going on in ep 3 this week...whether it's good or not, we'll see.

In the Rogue/Gambit thread, I was trying to piece together some of the trailer and other screenshots in Genosha, I don't know whether he went on his own or with the team in ep 5. Some scenes his looking angry and then he's smiling/laughing in a couple of other shots, I don't even know where his headspace is at. Though Rogue does fly down his balcony and enters his hotel room at some point.

I get that writers want angst, and some stories need to spice things up especially with a "will-they-won't-they" pairing, just don't make it trashy and hurt the characters going forward.
    The Sinister connection is what makes me worry that he could betray the team since the writers seem to be pulling from different eras for the show.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    For my Gambit stans.

I loveee Marco Checchetto’s Gambit. What’s he up to?? Hope he does some X-Men in the future. Was my favorite artist on that X-23 run he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I loveee Marco Checchetto’s Gambit. What’s he up to?? Hope he does some X-Men in the future. Was my favorite artist on that X-23 run he did.
    Ultimate Spider-Man with Hickman. Would be hella cool to see him on Uncanny, but Marquez is a boss too!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Tarr served for the gays!!!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Julio Leote and Lukas Werneck have also made handsome contributions to the Gambit crop top craze that is currently rocking my tumblr feed.

I'm a bit less concerned with Gambit's characterization in 97 after this week. But he didn't do much and I'll be surprised if he's in next week's, so hopefully episode 5 is a good one for him
    Make Good Art

Weren't crop tops an 80's thing? Pink was an 80's colour too (but I'll let that one slide because that's HIS colour).

If it's 1997, and he's wearing a "rock" shirt...really he'd be wearing something from the Nu Metal era. (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones) or go goth (Marilyn Manson). When I was in high school during that period, no one was wearing crop tops, maybe in 1990 before Nirvana killed all those bands. Gambit's hair in the comics in 1997 was the Joe Mad look, longish/parted with sideburns. No ponytail. They should've gone with that look.
    Last edited by Sparta; 03-28-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Weren't crop tops an 80's thing? Pink was an 80's colour too (but I'll let that one slide because that's HIS colour).

If it's 1997, and he's wearing a "rock" shirt...really he'd be wearing something from the Nu Metal era. (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones) or go goth (Marilyn Manson). When I was in high school during that period, no one was wearing crop tops, maybe in 1990 before Nirvana killed all those bands. Gambit's hair in the comics in 1997 was the Joe Mad look, longish/parted with sideburns. No ponytail. They should've gone with that look.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Crop tops were a 90s thing too. Will Smith wore one in Fresh Prince and Adam Sandler wore one in Airheads
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member