Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Did Quesada hate Gambit? I never heard of that

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The world got to see what a sh—ty kisser he was. Even after all that seductive dancing it was like….”Hm…yah know what, no thanks.” It was THAT BAD.
    Everything about it was so gross.I was only giving her a little credit for ultimately (after taking absolutely FOREVER) making the better, obvious choice, not excusing the dancing--in that dress, no less!--and that nauseating kiss.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Hey, Quesada knew what the people really wanted, like making Laura an underage prostitute.

Ugh. How did he ever get and keep that job?

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Everything about it was so gross.I was only giving her a little credit for ultimately (after taking absolutely FOREVER) making the better, obvious choice, not excusing the dancing--in that dress, no less!--and that nauseating kiss.
    On Reddit, someone had a theory I liked. That dance and kiss was Rogue saying goodbye to Magneto and to the ability to touch. She went into the ballroom knowing the decision she was going to make, and that she might never be able to touch or kiss another person again. Still gross, still disrespectful of Gambit, still wish she'd throw on an inhibitor collar and get over it, but maybe a little understandable?

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Hey, Quesada knew what the people really wanted, like making Laura an underage prostitute.

Ugh. How did he ever get and keep that job?
    Barfffff. Just when I think I erased that from my mind. (Or can’t, because they still love giving her variant covers in those outfits all the time.)

On Reddit, someone had a theory I liked. That dance and kiss was Rogue saying goodbye to Magneto and to the ability to touch. She went into the ballroom knowing the decision she was going to make, and that she might never be able to touch or kiss another person again. Still gross, still disrespectful of Gambit, still wish she'd throw on an inhibitor collar and get over it, but maybe a little understandable?
    As good a theory as any, but did they really have to levitate over EVERYONE'S HEAD for that dance? It was cruel since they both knew Gambit was in the room. Lord knows I'm a Rogue fan, but dammit that was just unnecessary.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Only reason I can see Gail killing off Remy is because of an editorial push to break Rogue and Remy up. That way they can go their separate ways without anybody being the bad person in the relationship.

So yeah, your assumption is within the realm of possibility. I'd be completely fine with this if they take Remy out of the X-Men and throw him over to team up with the other Marvel thieves to make a new heist book.
    That doesn't feel like a Simone move to me. She's literally the person who came up with the term "fridging." I can't think of a writer who is less likely to kill off a character for narrative or relationship convenience.

Fantastic Member

That doesn't feel like a Simone move to me. She's literally the person who came up with the term "fridging." I can't think of a writer who is less likely to kill off a character for narrative or relationship convenience.
    Oh I don't think she'll actually do it, just that it's a possibility. I'm just throwing the heist book idea in there because I still want that to happen. It's not like Gambit doesn't know the other premier Marvel thieves, he and Black Cat are poker buddies, and his recent solo established that he and Lila are old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The vindictive part of me would want to take Quesada and all the other anti-Gambit dudebros from over the years and rub their noses in that 9.8 score. Like really grind it right up their nasal passages until fuchsia pink leaks from their tear ducts.

But I will embody Gambit’s generous spirit and practice forgiveness (while also talking sh-t out the side of my mouth). [displeased Cajun sounds]
    It is kinda funny how Gambit has managed to endure such a prolonged period as a character with so many people in power at the time absolutely hating him.
    It shouldn't have taken this long for Gambit to get a moment like this as a character and yet it did

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    It is kinda funny how Gambit has managed to endure such a prolonged period as a character with so many people in power at the time absolutely hating him.
    It shouldn't have taken this long for Gambit to get a moment like this as a character and yet it did
    Has he? I say this bc his relevancy has been very choppy the last 2 decades and he largely has not had sustained success for any length of time in quite some time. I guess one could argue for Krakoa but I feel his time this era has largely been irrelevant. At least it wasnt offensive to him bc we know we've been there before

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    As good a theory as any, but did they really have to levitate over EVERYONE'S HEAD for that dance? It was cruel since they both knew Gambit was in the room. Lord knows I'm a Rogue fan, but dammit that was just unnecessary.
    Yeah, I don’t think that works…it would have to be something more like, she was going to try being ‘the queen’ but realized after the kiss that she couldn’t live with touch, but not love and had to leave.

Hmm pretty good stuff. But......

spoilers:
    Comic accurate me was fuming... All I could think was that Gambit was not supposed to be able to charge that huge amount of mass that fast!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Hmm pretty good stuff. But......

spoilers:
    Comic accurate me was fuming... All I could think was that Gambit was not supposed to be able to charge that huge amount of mass that fast!
    end of spoilers
    I know. I felt the same, I was content with him charging a smaller part but with similar end results.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was not affected at all when she held Gambit. Does her powers not work on a body? I was expecting her to be affected, like his mind transfers to her in those final minutes. It'll be crazy if he does wind up in her head and she gains a weaker form of hsi power
    Totally mind-blowing. Maybe the folks over at Iron Studios were on to something...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-11-2024 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Our Gambit fan Brett White from old X-Positions wrote a great article.

https://decider.com/2024/04/10/x-men...-gambit-death/

spoilers:
    And that all leads us to his final words: “The name is Gambit. Remember it.” After this story arc, after this final act of heroism, after this selfless sacrifice and after this declaration of undying love, I don’t think anyone can forget Gambit. Not the kids who crushed hard on a smarmy swamp rat, and not the adults who groaned over his trope-y attitude. He’s Gambit. You’ll remember him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-11-2024 at 04:53 AM.