Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

I have heard some folks speculate that this season is heading towards a mash up of Operation Zero Tolerance and E is for Extinction. If those Sentinels are being sent to Genosha, it would explain why Gambit and Wolverine are covered in blood. I'm just wondering if that doesn't happen until one of the last three episodes and episode 5 is just establishing that some of the X-men are on Genosha?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-05-2024 at 05:28 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I think he's putting up a façade--I think he suspects something is up with Mags besides the Rogue situation, and he's biding his time.
    At the same time, we don't want Rogue looking like an idiot either...or Gambit interrogating her over nothing. This needs to be balanced out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I have heard some folks speculate that this season is heading towards a mash up of Operation Zero Tolerance and E is for Extinction. If those Sentinels are being sent to Genosha, it would explain why Gambit and Wolverine are covered in blood. I'm just wondering if that doesn't happen until one of the last three episodes and episode 5 is just establishing that some of the X-men are on Genosha?
    I'm pretty sure Nightcrawler's in multiple episodes. It could be JUST Gambit and Rogue going to Genosha where they bump into Nightcrawler. Then Wolverine fights alongside Kurt in another episode?

There are heavy hints on Bastion being the main villain for the 3-part finale, Forge has pictures with him in the latest episode. So episodes 8-10 could be OZT. E is for Extinction could fit into episode 5 and dealing with the ramifications in eps 6-7. Magneto wears red again at some point, and I think the events in Genosha trigger that.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I came across this on Reddit today - it looks like the French title for next week's episode of X-Men '97 is "Mon nom est Gambit" (English title: "Remember It"). Source: Wikipedia FR

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I came across this on Reddit today - it looks like the French title for next week's episode of X-Men '97 is "Mon nom est Gambit" (English title: "Remember It"). Source: Wikipedia FR
    So, to me that's kind of like, "My name is Gambit, don't you forget it!"
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Thanks for sharing! Don't want to have high hopes but I would be happy to see a good Gambit centric episode where he does smth really cool!
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-06-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Thanks for sharing! Don't want to have high hopes but I would be happy to see a good Gambit centric episode where he does smth really cool!

I'm looking forward to his scenes with Nightcrawler, that'll be fun I think. The Romy stuff's a delicate one, hope both characters come off well in that, but hard to tell.

Astonishing Member

Oof, ain’t that the truth…

God, I hope so.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

You know how Gambit is not King of the Thieves Guild anymore? Is it possibly because technically he was dead for a while? That would line up with the events, as he suddenly stopped being the King of Thieves after that Knights of X story.

I think that he was only dead for like half a day

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    He was also dead in an another dimension. Not sure the news made it out of Krakoa, heck barely even to Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Yeah but they got some weird mysticism over in the Thieves Guild, so maybe they have a way of tracking if their "king" dies. It'd be nice if we got some sort of confirmation of why he stopped being the king but timeline-wise it adds up.

Spectacular Member

The Otherworld death and subsequent resurrection is sort of confusing for me. Partly because there seemed to be some power trickery in his fatal battle with Merlyn, but mostly its how the storyline wanted to circumvent the hard rules about dying/resurrecting in other realms. If there was never going to be some impact or long-term development from that death, why even write it in the first place? Someone mentioned in another thread prior to Fall of X, that Gambit does not know he actually died.

Is that true (I haven't been following all the X-books), is Gambit not aware that he died and has been resurrected?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    The Otherworld death and subsequent resurrection is sort of confusing for me. Partly because there seemed to be some power trickery in his fatal battle with Merlyn, but mostly its how the storyline wanted to circumvent the hard rules about dying/resurrecting in other realms. If there was never going to be some impact or long-term development from that death, why even write it in the first place? Someone mentioned in another thread prior to Fall of X, that Gambit does not know he actually died.

Is that true (I haven't been following all the X-books), is Gambit not aware that he died and has been resurrected?
    It kind of gets addressed in the Rogue and Gambit mini, in the sense it was one of the conflict sources they had to work out but is never actually worked out because is was a poorly written mini.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post

Tini’s Excalibur run is littered with these unfinished plots. In the first arc did Gambit do a bad thing freeing Rogue from her mystical coma? Betsy seemed to think so but then she and Rogue were best pals a couple of issues later. So was Rogue upset that Gambit spared her life but jeopardized the portal project, which was Apocalypse manipulation plan from the get go. We don’t know.
    It’s the same with Remy dying. It was foreshadowed with the clumsy Death tarot card, the one tarot card most people know about since it has been done to death in media. But the whole death was mostly avoidable, it came out of nowhere and never felt epic due to the disjointed and rushed storytelling. Then he is resurrected and Rogue hugs him. That’s all we get from that. The next time we see them, in an X-office edited title (which is important), is in the infamous Rogue&Gambit mini.

In that mini Remy is suffering existential depression and remedies it with a bout of excessive drinking. Apparently he has been going off the rails since his death but we never knew because he was fine in Captain Marvel. So in the mini he knows he died and he can’t deal with it, so he drinks. But that mini was partially retconned immediately after by the architect himself, Duggan. So it’s all up in the air. Maybe someone will tackle it in the future.