Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It was actually a very nice showing for Gambit and a sweet moment for him and Mystique.
    Yup. The preview was almost all of it though. We got one more page with a purple explosion and Mystique getting the messenger sent before dying.

Mighty Member

if I had a nickel for every time Gambit decided to charge into a opponent with no hope of survival I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    if I had a nickel for every time Gambit decided to charge into a opponent with no hope of survival I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice
    Yup. A krakoan thing.

Here in Rise I don’t mind it, mostly because it meant something to the story and Mystique.

Tini’s death is just garbage. Vague, unsatisfying and mostly off-panel. I really hope Brevoort has a role for Remy to play because Krakoa has squandered him. Well they got our money, they did that.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not to mention Tini's use of his death was pretty pointless. I mean, this one kind of was too, but at least he actually provided an escape for Mystique, which is what he set out to do with it.
    Make Good Art

I realized that I don't care anymore, until the X-office changes, neither Gambit (nor Rogue)are going to add anything to the plot.
    The only thing I hope is that they don't have permanent damage.(I know the change doesn't guarantee anything either but at least it's a change).

I hope to get back to having joy with x-men comics at some point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I realized that I don't care anymore, until the X-office changes, neither Gambit (nor Rogue)are going to add anything to the plot.
    The only thing I hope is that they don't have permanent damage.(I know the change doesn't guarantee anything either but at least it's a change).

I hope to get back to having joy with x-men comics at some point.
    I think what makes me more negative is I know this is probably the last time these legacy characters are going to be main characters. The reboot is all set up for MCU stuff just like the All new Avengers back in the 2010s was all about introducing the new Avengers for the MCU. The moment Disney got the characters they wanted to put their own original characters in those places to avoid paying older writers and artists. So all these current xmen are going to be moved to the back in favor of Disney owned characters. So it's frustrating for me that I know this is maybe the final time Gambit has a chance to shine in the mainstream. Whatever Marvel does with him in the MCU is probably the final main role Gambit will ever have outside of a mentor ship role.

Has Remy called Raven “Mama Mystique” before? It was cute. She seems like a marginally nicer person thanks to X-Men Blue, so I wonder if their relationship will progress similarly in the main timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Has Remy called Raven “Mama Mystique” before? It was cute. She seems like a marginally nicer person thanks to X-Men Blue, so I wonder if their relationship will progress similarly in the main timeline.
    Nope. This is the nicest interaction we've really seen them have.

It'd be nice to see this carried over after the event is over. The "at-odds in-laws" trope is getting stale
    Make Good Art

If you ignore the Milligan stuff, Mystique and Gambit have a very good dynamic.

Marjorie Liu wrote some good scenes with them in her Astonishing run. Mystique handing over the cats for Gambit to protect turned out to be a significant moment.

Yeah, if some writers would grow up and put aside that old-fashioned, outdated humor, we'd have better stories.

So if Gambit is around 10 years from now that probably means that he has survived the Krakoa era without getting resurrected like almost every other X-Man. That's pretty cool actually.

Pretty cool Gambit art by Leonardo Romero. I really like the coloring in this one
    Make Good Art

Ahh the Ace of Hearts. Would you say that is Gambit’s signature card or is it the Jack of Hearts? Or maybe the Joker?

Anyways I love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Ahh the Ace of Hearts. Would you say that is Gambit’s signature card or is it the Jack of Hearts? Or maybe the Joker?
    LOL! I always thought it was this one...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ace of Spades, depending on the mood.
    Sometimes it's the Joker, I've seen King of Hearts as well in relation to Rogue's Queen of Hearts.