Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Break time:

Choose mutant or anyone if
    Gambit charges would make something we have not seen.

I'm curious about what would happen if he charged up a symbiote like Venom, or Omega Red's tentacles, or Cable's techno virus

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I'm curious about what would happen if he charged up a symbiote like Venom, or Omega Red's tentacles, or Cable's techno virus
    Maybe Gambit can healed Cable , here is my share If Gambit charge Glob Herman's skin will temporsry reveal his Flesh skin like electric shock, Gambit pinkest kinetic energy create some effecf on pink color of Herman.

I wonder if he can charge Invisible Woman, Armor or Cecelia's force fields

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I wonder if he can charge Invisible Woman, Armor or Cecelia's force fields
    I guess so. If he can touch it he can charge it.

I don't know what I'd like to see him do as far as powers. It's hard to innovate with someone who basically just blows stuff up.

I wrote in a fic that he charged poker chips without touching them, that when he charged one, the ones that had the same matter were charged as well. So something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I guess so. If he can touch it he can charge it.

I don't know what I'd like to see him do as far as powers. It's hard to innovate with someone who basically just blows stuff up.

I wrote in a fic that he charged poker chips without touching them, that when he charged one, the ones that had the same matter were charged as well. So something like that
    I loved that detail in your fanfic. I was reading a fantasy book, The Name of the Wind, that explained the concept of how the magic worked in that world in a similar way the charging of the pokers chips worked in your fic. Very cool to think about, I keep coming back to that idea over and over again.

I often wondered if Gambit can throw cards that well without them being charged. I just assumed that it was the kinetic energy that got them so accurate and gave them the extra distance.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I loved that detail in your fanfic. I was reading a fantasy book, The Name of the Wind, that explained the concept of how the magic worked in that world in a similar way the charging of the pokers chips worked in your fic. Very cool to think about, I keep coming back to that idea over and over again.
    Yeah! Remy makes a reference to the sympathy principle in the fic as well. Lol.

I love that book, but the author is from the same club as GR Martin and hasn't released part 3 for over 11 years.

Yeah! Remy makes a reference to the sympathy principle in the fic as well. Lol.

I love that book, but the author is from the same club as GR Martin and hasn't released part 3 for over 11 years.
    The first book was great, who doesn’t love a sass-mouthed homeless street waif?

The author lost me in book two with the endless tai chi training montage taught by hot free-lovin’ women - and am I misremembering the part where they’ve taken a vow of silence too? He’s so forward thinking! He likes his women tough, but also, don’t talk so much.

I might be happier imagining my own ending.

The first book was great, who doesn’t love a sass-mouthed homeless street waif?

The author lost me in book two with the endless tai chi training montage taught by hot free-lovin’ women - and am I misremembering the part where they’ve taken a vow of silence too? He’s so forward thinking! He likes his women tough, but also, don’t talk so much.

I might be happier imagining my own ending.
    It lost me when an immortal sex goddess is blown away by the gifts of a teenage virgin.
    Sure, Kvothe... I'm sure it happened like that...

It lost me when an immortal sex goddess is blown away by the gifts of a teenage virgin.
    Name…is one of my favorite books. I devoured Wise when it came out, but it became increasingly less interesting after he left the university. Around the sex goddess part it was more me hoping it would turn good again than it actually being good.

Rothfuss is a problem. He has mental health issues that are most probably a part of why book 3 isn’t here yet. More than that it’s guesswork. He set up a goal for a charity he ran that he would share a chapter if a certain donation goal was reached. It was and no chapter came. He also doesn’t communicate about what is happening or why there is a lack of updates. I have sort of given up on book 3. I don’t recommend the books because of this. Even though Name of the wind is so good.

*screams* I had completely blocked that from my mind! Ahahahaa! It’s hilarious how Kvote follows the Hero’s Quest and gets trained to fight, then another quest on how to bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Name…is one of my favorite books. I devoured Wise when it came out, but it became increasingly less interesting after he left the university. Around the sex goddess part it was more me hoping it would turn good again than it actually being good.
    Yes, Harry Potter made the mistake of leaving the school too, and then it was an entire book of camping. I hate camping, and hated reading about camping even more. The school/uni setting is always great in fantasy because it gives you the rules of how this magic world works. Something Marvel magic mutants lack. There seems to be no rules, just “this is convenient to my plot” which means hand-waved problems, there’s no believable stakes, and therefore zero interest on my part.

Gambit’s life-story follows that fantasy-trope in some ways, of being taught to master an art by some mystic ancient order/school. I’m glad it’s weird Druidic Cajuns and not mystical native peoples or mystical Far East ninjas. I’m reading the Lioness Quartet to my daughter now, and I’m cringing inside because I know Alanna is later going to be trained by the Bahzir, which I guess is kind of supposed to be Middle Eastern? And boy, does she teach them the error of their ways! Ugh ugh ugh.

Anyway - what fictional characters in film, tv or books remind you of Gambit? For me, it’s Cool Hand Luke. It doesn’t hurt that Paul Newman is a foine-ass lookin’ man.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Rothfuss is a problem. He has mental health issues that are most probably a part of why book 3 isn’t here yet. More than that it’s guesswork. He set up a goal for a charity he ran that he would share a chapter if a certain donation goal was reached. It was and no chapter came. He also doesn’t communicate about what is happening or why there is a lack of updates. I have sort of given up on book 3. I don’t recommend the books because of this. Even though Name of the wind is so good.
    The sex goddess part is certainly the worst part of Wise Man's Fear, although I do love both books. I love the guy's prose but he needs to get his s*** together

Anyway - what fictional characters in film, tv or books remind you of Gambit? For me, it’s Cool Hand Luke. It doesn’t hurt that Paul Newman is a foine-ass lookin’ man.
    Doc Holliday in Tombstone. Not a 1:1, but the swagger is spot on.
    Make Good Art

When I was watching the magicians I always thought of Gambit whith Elliot. Hale Appleman also looks like how I would imagine a younger MCU Gambit would look.

Anyway - what fictional characters in film, tv or books remind you of Gambit?
    Oh I can name a few
    Ko Chun (played by Chow Yun-fat) from God of Gamblers

unfortunately he acts like an annoying child for half of the movie (due to memory loss)