Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I'll always not like Mariko being resurrected but not in love with Logan. I believe that Mariko is his perfect women. Or Yukio sort off lol
    Mariko is back?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Mariko is back?
    She's been around. logan's last interaction with her came in wolverine #6 2020.

I liked the story with her and amiko in the blood white and black series

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post

That's nice to hear especially that Amiko isn't forgotten either. But it only makes it more strange that he and Mariko aren't a thing. I always considered Mariko his main love interest before Jean.

That's nice to hear especially that Amiko isn't forgotten either. But it only makes it more strange that he and Mariko aren't a thing. I always considered Mariko his main love interest before Jean.
    yup, she's my favorite wolverine love interest and I think percy preferred jean.

I do hope that whoever is the next writer can show mariko some love and include her in their story

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    *pic* Nice Homage
    It's certainly one of the better ones.

The last 25 years saw quite a craze when it came to creating homages to "classic" covers (while hardly any cover produced in the same timespan actualy left enough impact to get their own homages), so there are quite a few based on Wolverine's first solo.

This at least feels like a modernization without overblowing it or feeling cheap.

Incredible Member

I just read it all of that the other day in my Krakoa run. Marvel Database told me Mariko was revived in Old Man Logan's time in 616 and I was wondering if that letter she sent to "her Logan" is the only interaction they've had since his and her revival.

But the story from BWR was great

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    I just read it all of that the other day in my Krakoa run. Marvel Database told me Mariko was revived in Old Man Logan's time in 616 and I was wondering if that letter she sent to "her Logan" is the only interaction they've had since his and her revival.

But the story from BWR was great

Those are wonderful pages. I had no idea Amiko was given anything so meaningful as that. Logan, Mariko, and Amiko should have been able to walk off together as a family and that dynamic still be acknowledged rather than ignored.

Mariko hasn't had a good track record with showing up in other forms of media as well. Only The Wolverine gave her a spotlight but she's been completely forgotten since then and treated more like an occasional love interest. TAS replaced her with Yuriko.

It was fun to read. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of this in the future

wolv2020050_percy_fernandez.jpg

Percy will team up with artist Javi Fernández in a special send-off that explores Wolverine’s incredible legacy.

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...56700159349088

for all the worried wolverine fans,lol. logan will get his moment!
    Good let's hope that happen

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Those are wonderful pages. I had no idea Amiko was given anything so meaningful as that. Logan, Mariko, and Amiko should have been able to walk off together as a family and that dynamic still be acknowledged rather than ignored.

Mariko hasn't had a good track record with showing up in other forms of media as well. Only The Wolverine gave her a spotlight but she's been completely forgotten since then and treated more like an occasional love interest. TAS replaced her with Yuriko.
    In the WatX cartoon there was a Mariko and Wolverine focused episode. I was surprised. I've already said this but Mariko being tossed aside for Jean never felt right to me. I'm getting tired of Wolverines Jean fixation.

wolv2020050_percy_fernandez.jpg

Percy will team up with artist Javi Fernández in a special send-off that explores Wolverine’s incredible legacy.
    Nice art... all the different parts of Logan.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 11:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Eh, Logan has tons of ladies. 32 at least!
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...s-women/14524/

Granted, a lot of them are dead. For example, this list is over a decade old. I'm pretty sure there is an issue of Savage Wolverine going over the Valentine Day's Massacre (which Logan was involved with of course) where Creed kills the girl Logan was with at the time.

And who knows who else has come along since this list was made.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    In the WatX cartoon there was a Mariko and Wolverine focused episode. I was surprised. I've already said this but Mariko being tossed aside for Jean never felt right to me. I'm getting tired of Wolverines Jean fixation.

Nice art... all the different parts of Logan.
    I vaguely remember that now. Haven't seen WATXM in ages since I never cared for the show and only saw it once. I can't even remember the episode content but I do remember Mariko's design because I felt it didn't really look like her.

The Insomniac game didn't bother to include her in Japan, although Shiro is there. I guess with Jean being primed as his love interest, it wouldn't look good to include Mariko. I do hope a Wolverine sequel game returns to Japan and at least introduces the Silver Samurai and Yukio.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I vaguely remember that now. Haven't seen WATXM in ages since I never cared for the show and only saw it once. I can't even remember the episode content but I do remember Mariko's design because I felt it didn't really look like her.

The Insomniac game didn't bother to include her in Japan, although Shiro is there. I guess with Jean being primed as his love interest, it wouldn't look good to include Mariko. I do hope a Wolverine sequel game returns to Japan and at least introduces the Silver Samurai and Yukio.
    Yeah, a lot of people didn't like it, at least comic fans. Seems I'm one of the few that did.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Eh, Logan has tons of ladies. 32 at least!
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...s-women/14524/

Granted, a lot of them are dead. For example, this list is over a decade old. I'm pretty sure there is an issue of Savage Wolverine going over the Valentine Day's Massacre (which Logan was involved with of course) where Creed kills the girl Logan was with at the time.

And who knows who else has come along since this list was made.
    Um... yeah. Wolverine gets around. But then he is very old. I do think the writers pushed that to far and him having so many kids.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 11:59 PM.

Incredible Member

All I know about it is that it has a hilariously evil Magneto.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...is_is_magneto/

And apparently this entire attack by Sentinels was a false flag arranged by Magneto in the first place. Yeesh.