Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, because a movie about two middle aged white guys saving the MCU just absolutely reeks of “forced DEI”. Touch grass, man. This movie is gonna peg some Dune 2 buckets… hard!
    The movie stars two white guys because that's what Wade and Logan are. The forced D.E.I. refers to Disney's current mandate for every single aspect of how they are making projects from now on. Look it up, every single metric they take into account involves inserting D.E.I. No mention of respecting source material or hiring based on things like MERIT, EXPERIENCE, etc. When the director, all the writers, and both star actors are pissed and refusing to do promotion of a film that should tell you something. Bob Iger specifically cut out a lot of Wolverine's scenes because he thought Logan being brutal was "out of character". If that doesn't give you pause I think you are touching a little too much grass.

Also DP1 and DP2 did almost $800 million at the box office. Dune did $400 million. If 3 pegs those numbers it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Why do conservatives never have a single clue about the properties they are fans of? You are crying about DEI in an X-men movie? ����

Also Fox literally gave us this and it was X-Men Origins Wolverine so pipe down on how great it should have been.
    I know that D.E.I has no place in an X-Men film. Being a mutant should already outweigh the need for specific races, genders, orientations considering mutants are a far smaller group than skin color or who you pray to.

Hated X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Glad we can agree it wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Deadpool 2 was full of “DEI” - did you have a problem with it then? Or has your opinion been warped by the explosion of click bait, moronic YouTubers who distort facts and make up rumours in order to appeal to their own echo chamber for their own financial gain?
    Didn't really care for DP2. My problem had less to do with what you are talking about and more about the characterization in it. I basically view it as an episode of Looney Tunes. Granted it's a Deadpool flick... Didn't hate Cable.

Also, those "moronic" YouTubers have a far better handle of current comics and comic films than anyone at C.B.R. Facts.
    Last edited by PlotDevice; 02-13-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are both doing promotion for the film, and I’ve heard nothing about Jackman’s scenes being cut. Ryan and Hugh were promoting DP3 as recently as Sunday when the trailer broke, as both were promoting it on social media. The main producers are also all white guys… Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Feige and Shawn Levy, who is also the director. Where is all this forced DEI you are speaking of? I can’t see it over the BLINDING WHITE GLARE OF ALL THE WHITE GUYS INVOLVED. Lol.

And I have no problem with any of that, just find it funny that you keep talking about forced DEI when in this case it's simply not present anywhere that can be easily found. It's kind of head-scratching honestly. With some other Dis-Marvel projects? Maybe you have an argument. Some might agree, others might not. But in this particular case... really having trouble seeing it. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-13-2024 at 05:53 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I’m not here to argue but that is a wild ass claim to make about a comic steeped in civil rights allegory.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 02-13-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    The movie stars two white guys because that's what Wade and Logan are. The forced D.E.I. refers to Disney's current mandate for every single aspect of how they are making projects from now on. Look it up, every single metric they take into account involves inserting D.E.I. No mention of respecting source material or hiring based on things like MERIT, EXPERIENCE, etc. When the director, all the writers, and both star actors are pissed and refusing to do promotion of a film that should tell you something. Bob Iger specifically cut out a lot of Wolverine's scenes because he thought Logan being brutal was "out of character". If that doesn't give you pause I think you are touching a little too much grass.

Also DP1 and DP2 did almost $800 million at the box office. Dune did $400 million. If 3 pegs those numbers it's a bad thing.

I know that D.E.I has no place in an X-Men film. Being a mutant should already outweigh the need for specific races, genders, orientations considering mutants are a far smaller group than skin color or who you pray to.

Didn't really care for DP2. My problem had less to do with what you are talking about and more about the characterization in it. I basically view it as an episode of Looney Tunes. Granted it's a Deadpool flick... Didn't hate Cable.

Also, those "moronic" YouTubers have a far better handle of current comics and comic films than anyone at C.B.R. Facts.
    Sorry, do you have anything to back up those claims re: interference with this movie in particular? I have not seen any evidence of the director and stars of this film being pissed off or not taking part in promotion? The lead actors we know of are all white, Cassandra Nova is a white woman (as she is in the comics), the director is a white man, and it was written by white men. I don’t see how Disney have thrusted diverse hires upon this production in any way. And, is there proof of Bob Iger doing these things? It would be great if you could supply

You’ll be hard pressed to find any huge company in the West that doesn’t factor in DEI heavily these days, but I don’t think it’s a bad thing, nor can I think of there being such a bad example of it where it’s made me throw my hands up in the air and scream about how it’s an awful thing to take into account when hiring people

Thankfully, I don’t get my news or opinions from CBR or Moronic YouTubers - neither of which have a very good handle on anything, apart from the latter being good at spouting nonsense and receiving money for it

Ngl I dont like Disney if it was some other MCU like Marvels then I would have understood Plot Device claim but it doesn't make sense how Plot Device claim Deadpool and Wolverine have forced D.E.Is so I will just leave it here
    Last edited by Keno; 02-14-2024 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post

Source for the bold or anything you say is sus. No reply or a non answer is sus.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Is Wolverine actually getting his trunks back now?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I wanna see this…IMG_0603.jpg

idk.. I can't see it. What do I need to watch to change that?

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    idk.. I can't see it. What do I need to watch to change that?
    Same. Don’t see it. At all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yeah, that's a no for me too. He can be Morph though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Minor spoilers for Deadpool and Wolverine below….

26B0AFD7-3C5E-4678-91F8-11F91F282D0A.jpg

Alrighty then bub!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

20240225_055117.jpg

Omega red by greg capullo

If he's on Wolverine and drawing Colossus with a beard and Omega Red, gotta feel they are picking up where Percy left off pretty neatly with wolverine/X-Force (if we are truly sure Percy is actually off the book)

Maybe he's drawing one of the chapters (about Wolverine & X-Force) of June's Uncanny X-Men #700 (a kind of transition point between the Krakoa era and the next).