Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

I think all 3 of them will be away from each other for the first few months of the new era. Jean in space, scott in x-men and logan in uncanny and his own adventures

Sounds like it, which is probably for the best for awhile.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Screenshot 2024-04-25 101059.jpg

more sabretooth from greg capullo

This has to be a Wolverine mini series since Brevoort said it's not the regular ongoing series.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    While I'm over the love triangle, saying "Logan is fixated on Jean" ignores a few things. If we're talking about the cartoon, don't forget that she kissed him. So at least some of that feeling is mutual, even if she is currently mad at Scott, not sure if she actually married him or her clone did, and is overall confused. There's still clearly an attraction there that goes both ways.
    This is the perhaps the very reason why toxicity have riled up again. Not sure I have liked anything that is going with X-Men 97. Operation Tolerance can be a good thing for Logan but I am 100% cautious because it's nostalgia that make this relationship toxic

This has to be a Wolverine mini series since Brevoort said it's not the regular ongoing series.
    definitely, judging by the cast and the page he accidentally leaked which said "wolverine, issue 1"

GMBqkxEWkAAVviU.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished product
    Last edited by MVComics; 04-25-2024 at 10:11 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Having Capulli do a m8ni of Wolverine will be cool. And I'm must excited to see classic Nick Fury in art. So maybe another mini set in the good old days
    X-Men Forever

Hoping to get a look at logan's new costume in Uncanny's variant covers tomorrow

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Here's a quote about it:

From: https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...rsary-season-2

They call it "an underrated show" and I would agree with that, simply because it came after the beloved original Animated Series and X-men: Evolution, which was memorable for being a very different take and making most of the characters younger and high school age. But aside from a few comic readers who get triggered by Wolverine's name appearing in the title, it was generally well liked and hailed as a solid adaptation, with many disappointed that the second season never happened. It would've been focused on AoA, and looked pretty awesome from the design sketches I've seen.
    I heard about the legal problems. I hated that the reason why we didn't get more seasons was because of squabbling. It's nice to hear it's considered an underrated show and got good scores. People shouldn't judge by this forum I guess. There was definitely some negativity about the show because Wolverine was in the title around here and I tried to explain that it was actually good and other characters had roles and they were supposedly going to increase that in future seasons. Clips of WatX are very popular on YT and have gotten a lot of views and likes. When I was watching some the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Hoping to get a look at logan's new costume in Uncanny's variant covers tomorrow
    He needs a new one pronto. As much as I like his classic uniforms, he needs something beyond a slightly updated version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I heard about the legal problems. I hated that the reason why we didn't get more seasons was because of squabbling. It's nice to hear it's considered an underrated show and got good scores. People shouldn't judge by this forum I guess. There was definitely some negativity about the show because Wolverine was in the title around here and I tried to explain that it was actually good and other characters had roles and they were supposedly going to increase that in future seasons. Clips of WatX are very popular on YT and have gotten a lot of views and likes. When I was watching some the other day.
    I wasn't a fan of the show but it was never because of it being Wolverine-centric. He was one of the best parts of the show besides Nightcrawler. But I think the rest of the X-Men were horribly done with little to no presence onscreen. The show may have taken influence from the movies but I'd rather watch the movies. In fact, the parts from the show taking influence from the movies were still some of the best parts.

Evolution I'd say is better remembered today. Even if the critical/audience rating was less compared to WATXM when both shows came out, I see more love and talk about Evolution online from fans than I ever see about WATXM. WATXM is mainly forgotten whereas Evolution being such a unique take on the series meant that it's stuck around more with fans. It's more one of those shows that you either love or hate. It may be too big a departure for some X-Fans, which is why it's the more polarizing show, but it's more beloved from those who actually enjoyed it. That's why people still talk about Evolution Rogue, Kitty, Kurt, etc. whereas I never see anyone talking about WATXM characterizations because those never stayed with X-Fans in the public consciousness. Fanart, fanfic, etc. is more widely seen for Evolution than WATXM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

While I'm over the love triangle, saying "Logan is fixated on Jean" ignores a few things. If we're talking about the cartoon, don't forget that she kissed him. So at least some of that feeling is mutual, even if she is currently mad at Scott, not sure if she actually married him or her clone did, and is overall confused. There's still clearly an attraction there that goes both ways. If we're talking about the comics, well, they were sleeping together in the Krakoan era. This was made really clear in a couple of places during Hickman's X-men and Percy's X-Force runs. Seemed like that was done with Scott's full knowledge and not giving a damn, so it was kind of an open relationship type thing. Felt like at one point he was still hooking up with Emma too, so it may've swung both ways.

Regardless, that weird experimentation phase seems to have died down, so I'll be interested to see where these relationships go in the next era. My vote is for both Scott and Jean to be single for a bit, to let them breathe as their own characters, and for Wolverine to find a new relationship with someone else. Maybe Dazzler? They slept together in Wolverine: The Best There Is mini series, and I feel like they could be a fun couple. Also, will be interesting to see if Emma's relationship with Tony Stark continues or not.
    I guess I should not have called it a fixation but the fact that they were/are doing it recently in the future still bothers me since I've long been sick of it. I admit I'm a Scott/Jean shipper, but that even depends on how they are portrayed in the future, and think this thing between Logan and Jean is passion and not love. No offense. It's just my humble opinion. And I'm tired of Marvel bringing it back. I also think it would be a good idea for Logan to start looking outside of Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I guess I should not have called it a fixation but the fact that they were/are doing it recently in the future still bothers me since I've long been sick of it. I admit I'm a Scott/Jean shipper, but that even depends on how they are portrayed in the future, and think this thing between Logan and Jean is passion and not love. No offense. It's just my humble opinion. And I'm tired of Marvel bringing it back. I also think it would be a good idea for Logan to start looking outside of Jean.
    I don't think the love triangle will ever go away. And I don't mean necessarily the comics so much as other media like the movies, shows, video games, etc. It's become too much a fixture of Wolverine's character that he's got a tragic love for Jean which can never actually occur because either she's dead or even if she's alive, she's taken. For the general public, that's one of their main associations with the character which is why the love Logan and Jean share keeps coming back in new media. X-Fans complain about it but they're a very niche group that gets smaller and smaller every year. Mainstream media and projects are being made for the masses and the masses have no problem with Jogan and in fact, they expect it. Marvel confirmed as far back as the 90s that Logan and Jean being a thing boosts sales. If they were so disliked by the public, Marvel wouldn't let their sales be hurt by continuing this relationship. I said in another thread that there are non-Marvel TV shows where there are pop culture references to Jean being Wolverine's girlfriend so that's what the average person sees and thinks.

I see watx for what it is. A wolverine show, with the x-men as a supporting cast.