Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Oh me too. Love me some Hama Logan
    Same here. Welcome to Claw City/Death of Mariko is a personal favorite & an All-Time Classic (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-07-2024 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    The cowl is amazing especially with the white eyes
    I still don’t trust them to keep it on for an extended period of time in the actual film
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

this week, We will find out if greg is drawing wolverine or x-force. would be happy with either but wolverine seems like a perfect book for greg

this week, We will find out if greg is drawing wolverine or x-force. would be happy with either but wolverine seems like a perfect book for greg
    I'm betting it's Wolverine, but also think that Logan may be in X-Force too. Since Capullo showed a panel of Forge that he drew for it recently.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I wish Wolverine gets a top writer. I don't remember when was the last time we had a top writer in wolvie's ongoing. I would say the last was Jeff Lemire but that was Old Man Logan and his run was so short.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    I wish Wolverine gets a top writer. I don't remember when was the last time we had a top writer in wolvie's ongoing. I would say the last was Jeff Lemire but that was Old Man Logan and his run was so short.
    Same, he hasn't had a run to talk about since rucka imo

Still holding onto the smallest chance that it's donny cates. Saladin isn't an improvement from percy story telling wise tbh..

I think Mark Millar's was the last one.

Wolverine image for this Coca Cola Marvel campaign…

IMG_9571.jpg

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...28387007979890
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    Do you really not like Percy on the Logan solo book? I think his run will go down just as good as Rucka's if not better. I'd put Millar and Claremont above Percy but that might be it. I'm talking strictly the solo title, not X-Force.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Idk about top tier but last time I guy did alot with logan is Jason Aaron
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Idk about top tier but last time I guy did alot with logan is Jason Aaron
    His Weapon X title was fantastic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yep it was. I liked his run on The title generally aside from a few stories.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Someone elsewhere was asking why Wolverine is so popular and this is my answer:
    Somebody on Reddit described him as a mix of Dirty Harry, James Bond, and a Slasher Villain. It's extremely beautiful in its deceptive simplicity. Because even James Bond isn't always the same. Roger Moore is worlds different from Daniel Craig. And yet, doesn't this also describe Logan? Depending on the comic, he might not be quite as far as Moore Bond, but he'd certainly be closer to Connery or Brosnan. Then in other stories he'd be Craig.

Wolverine is everything. You want a brooding loner? Sure. You want a loving mentor to a perky teenage girl? He can do that, too. Greg Rucka's run on his comic in the early 2000s was more like a Punisher story, he didn't wear a costume and he was mostly on his own fighting cults and human traffickers. But then, once Rucka left, we got Millar and Enemy of the State with Wolverine crossing over with god knows how many superheroes and villains. Does that not show the essence of his popularity? He is, as I said, everything. He's the best at what he does and what he does is a lot of things.
    I'm very much a new fan myself but this makes sense to me. I bring it up because what is a "definitive Wolverine run" seems to depend a lot on what you want out of a Wolverine story in the first place. Larry Hama is considered almost as definitive as Claremont to some folks I've talked to. He did write Wolverine for many, many years. But I confess, I can't enjoy his stuff. It's way too 90s cheese and hokeyness - full of excessive exclamation points and Sabretooth calling people geeks" - to say nothing of some of the worst retcons and problems with Wolverine continuity.

But as I say, I'm a new reader. I've heard great things about Jason Aaron's solos stuff but even more praise for Wolverine and the X-Men, possibly because I've been trying to look up "what a new X-fan should read" lists and threads.

But like I said, there's a Wolverine writer and story for basically everyone. Not all will to be everyone's taste. I'm interested in Daniel Way, despite how Romulus sounds like the worst.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-09-2024 at 12:37 AM.

Had he been given more than a handful of issues, Skroce coulda been a contender (IMHO):

But overall, Paul Jenkins tops my list when it comes to anything/everything related to the ol' Canucklehead (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."