Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    All I know about it is that it has a hilariously evil Magneto.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...is_is_magneto/

And apparently this entire attack by Sentinels was a false flag arranged by Magneto in the first place. Yeesh.
    Scarlet Witch is just so awesome in the show, though.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I vaguely remember that now. Haven't seen WATXM in ages since I never cared for the show and only saw it once. I can't even remember the episode content but I do remember Mariko's design because I felt it didn't really look like her.

The Insomniac game didn't bother to include her in Japan, although Shiro is there. I guess with Jean being primed as his love interest, it wouldn't look good to include Mariko. I do hope a Wolverine sequel game returns to Japan and at least introduces the Silver Samurai and Yukio.
    I know it’s been leaked MASSIVELY but it would be great if you could spoiler tag anything related to the Wolverine game - personally I’ve been trying to avoid as much as I can. please consider spoiler tags in future

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'll always prefer Mariko over Jean for Logan. When I first read this I was like" Logan can cry?" I mean I knew he had feelings like any other but I was shocked to see it.

When was the last time Logans connection/affection to animals has been shown? I know he wasn't on a par with Dani but he was able to communicate with them in some way. This may be a small thing but I always liked it. I remember in MCP's with him and a cat, my memory can't remember which story, not a big cat but a house cat. That said should Logan have a pet cat? Or a dog?

https://i.imgur.com/6IJORSB.jpg
    LOL! Blood Hungry is an All-Time Classic

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

With WATXM I watched this video which contains clips of the show

From this alone, I honestly rank this portrayal of Logan as flat out awful. He is aggressively flirting with Jean despite knowing she's with someone else, acts a like a smug playboy who smells his own farts, and makes fun of Cyclops telling him he's going to steal his girl.

Logan comes across as a caricature of himself, written by a fanboy who wants to make Logan an uber gigachad who steals everyone girls cause all men are nothing but cucks to the "great manly Wolverine".

Honestly he feels more like Gambit than Wolverine.

Incredible Member

Nevermind forget this
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-25-2024 at 01:58 AM.

In the WatX cartoon there was a Mariko and Wolverine focused episode. I was surprised. I've already said this but Mariko being tossed aside for Jean never felt right to me. I'm getting tired of Wolverine's Jean fixation.
    Judging by the last phrase of this comment I am not sure you have read last thirty years of comics where he got over his fixatiin. This seems more like insensibale toxicity. Nostalgia is toxic man

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Judging by the last phrase of this comment I am not sure you have read last thirty years of comics where he got over his fixatiin. This seems more like insensibale toxicity. Nostalgia is toxic man
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying Logan isn't fixated on her now? I remember pointing out in another thread that he got over her and moved on to Mariko in the past. I also pointed out that during the 90's the Logan/Jean "tension" was barely present as he left a note congratulating both of them for their wedding. But even with his love of Mariko he gave Jean a big old fat kiss when she returned (the first time) And then in 2000 Joe Casey brought back and despite Logan turning her down under Morrison she was still cemented as his one true love. It has definitely been shown to have brought that back now' So Logan being over Jean has never stuck. And don't know what comics you've been reading. Though I'll give you this it's probably more Marvels fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    With WATXM I watched this video which contains clips of the show

From this alone, I honestly rank this portrayal of Logan as flat out awful. He is aggressively flirting with Jean despite knowing she's with someone else, acts a like a smug playboy who smells his own farts, and makes fun of Cyclops telling him he's going to steal his girl.

Logan comes across as a caricature of himself, written by a fanboy who wants to make Logan an uber gigachad who steals everyone girls cause all men are nothing but cucks to the "great manly Wolverine".

Honestly he feels more like Gambit than Wolverine.
    Sounds awful. I don't remember this episode. I must have not seen it. I hate the Cyclops and Wolverine BS.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Blood Hungry is an All-Time Classic

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-25-2024 at 02:32 AM.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying Logan isn't fixated on her now? I remember pointing out in another thread that he got over her and moved on to Mariko in the past. I also pointed out that during the 90's the Logan/Jean "tension" was barely present as he left a note congratulating both of them for their wedding. But even with his love of Mariko he gave Jean a big old fat kiss when she returned (the first time) And then in 2000 Joe Casey brought back and despite Logan turning her down under Morrison she was still cemented as his one true love. It has definitely been shown to have brought that back now' So Logan being over Jean has never stuck. And don't know what comics you've been reading. Though I'll give you this it's probably more Marvels fixation.

Sounds awful. I don't remember this episode. I must have not seen it. I hate the Cyclops and Wolverine BS.

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.
    I would say its an adaptation fixation.

The Fox movies are infamous about this. Portraying Jean and Logan as this great destined love despite Logan not even saying like 10 words to her in the first movie, and then just completely ignoring that she's engaged to Cyclops cause Logan is the protagonist. Then The Wolverine movie has Logan haunted by hallucinations of Jean and ending with Logan declaring his love to her despite again barely interacting with her in the prior movies.

Most of Logan's screentime in 97 at the moment is a lot of pining for Jean and this is a sequel to The Animated Series that at one point had Logan tearing apart a robot Cyclops while screaming "You can't have her!" cause Cyclops and Jean are in the middle of getting married.

WATXM is mentioned already.

And for the upcoming Wolverine game by Insomniac (obviously spoilering this) spoilers:
    apparently Logan and Jean will have a thing in the game according to leaks.
    end of spoilers

So yeah its an adaptation which exacerbates the issue, because of how wide-spreading adaptations are, as a result people who watch these movies or shows are going to be left with the idea that Logan and Jean is a major thing while Cyclops is a loser cause adaptations keep inflating the love-triangle.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-25-2024 at 03:18 AM.

Incredible Member

TAS Cyclops vs. Wolverine was kinda like "you're a loose cannon, Wolverine! Turn in your badgeand stop being cool!"

Also I just wanna say that in that list of adaptations, you know what wasn't mentioned? The absolute best comic-based cartoon of all time, X-Men Evolution.
    https://youtu.be/0lBqCkeBdXU?t=135
    https://youtu.be/itz6CCPzTdc?t=64

I'm not saying Evo was perfect, I got lots of criticisms, but having Logan and Storm the adults to the younger X-Men was brilliant, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    TAS Cyclops vs. Wolverine was kinda like "you're a loose cannon, Wolverine! Turn in your badgeand stop being cool!"

Also I just wanna say that in that list of adaptations, you know what wasn't mentioned? The absolute best comic-based cartoon of all time, X-Men Evolution.
    https://youtu.be/0lBqCkeBdXU?t=135
    https://youtu.be/itz6CCPzTdc?t=64

I'm not saying Evo was perfect, I got lots of criticisms, but having Logan and Storm the adults to the younger X-Men was brilliant, IMO.
    Oh yeah Evolution Logan is one of the best Wolverine's in part because the love triangle doesn't exist. Because he's not in a dick-measuring contest he can simply be the lovable gruff father figure of the team which he plays perfectly.

Like this scene where's actually supporting Cyclops by giving him advice on how to tell Jean he's feelings. Logan is all around great in this show.

Plus great voice-acting by Scott McNeil, he's an underrated Wolverine VA

I don´t mind Logan into jean if the feeling is mutual like in the Krakoa era especially considering when that it is not at all the focus in his stories. In any adapatation if the feeling is not mutual Logan should move on because that´s how the character act in the comics.

Wolverine from TAS is still the best adaption of wolverine and it is more close to his early x-men days. He is into jean but he moved on as the seasons passes by, the only thing missing in TAS is due to the restriction about the use of his claws. Hugh Jackman is the second best IMO. Evolution and WATX is a more mature version of wolverine and more close to his later claremont days althought i think both adaptations didn´t get certain aspects of him right.

Then we have X-Men 97 where in most of his scenes so far the character doesn´t look like Wolverine. I get the impression that the show runner did want to make Logan less cool on purpose because he is afraid he would outshine the others.

Yeah, a lot of people didn't like it, at least comic fans. Seems I'm one of the few that did.
    It was quite popular actually and they were planning for a second season. That isn't why it was suddenly cancelled. This show came out during all the tensions between Marvel Studios and FOX over the X-men IP, so it wasn't a priority for them, but more importantly Marvel wasn’t in the business of financing its own shows and required a third-party animation studio and the show’s distributor to sort out the details. They apparently could not, so the entire thing fell apart.

Here's a quote about it:

“They couldn’t agree on who would give the larger percentage of the money towards it and who would own the bigger percentage and so forth,” Gordon says. “And so it just imploded, even though they had a surefire guarantee for a second season. They just could not work it out, which is weird to me.”
    From: https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...rsary-season-2

They call it "an underrated show" and I would agree with that, simply because it came after the beloved original Animated Series and X-men: Evolution, which was memorable for being a very different take and making most of the characters younger and high school age. But aside from a few comic readers who get triggered by Wolverine's name appearing in the title, it was generally well liked and hailed as a solid adaptation, with many disappointed that the second season never happened. It would've been focused on AoA, and looked pretty awesome from the design sketches I've seen.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-25-2024 at 05:31 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It was quite popular actually and they were planning for a second season. That isn't why it was suddenly cancelled. This show came out during all the tensions between Marvel Studios and FOX over the X-men IP, so it wasn't a priority for them, but more importantly Marvel wasn’t in the business of financing its own shows and required a third-party animation studio and the show’s distributor to sort out the details. They apparently could not, so the entire thing fell apart.

Here's a quote about it:

From: https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...rsary-season-2

They call it "an underrated show" and I would agree with that, simply because it came after the beloved original Animated Series and X-men: Evolution, which was memorable for being a very different take and making most of the characters younger and high school age. But aside from a few comic readers who get triggered by Wolverine's name appearing in the title, it was generally well liked and hailed as a solid adaptation, with many disappointed that the second season never happened. It would've been focused on AoA, and looked pretty awesome from the design sketches I've seen.
    Yeah. Wolverine and the X-Men was very well received and its first season was much better than Evolution´s first season. If they made more seasons it is very likely that it would superpass evolution easily.

In fact in every site that I saw, like IMDb for instance, Wolverine and the X-Men is rated higher than evolution by the general audience.

Nah its fans still fixating on the idea that Logan is "STILL" fixated on Jean
    Jean and Logan's relationship was the highlight of Morrison run and Morrison has done some great building during that run.That itself shows how good it was. But that doesn't mean he is fixated on Jean. He didn't pursued her since Claremont. Joe Casey's run with Uncanny was bad so it felt more like movie synergy to build sales

There has been some great writing with these two during Krakoa era, even some nice nostalgia with Larry Hama's Patch. I really like the dynamic of this ( sort of on and off) relationship. Its not a typical boy scout and girl scout relationship that happen for most of the super hero comics. It plays in different ways and thats exactly what Larry Hama did when he bridged Logan and Jean through space and time during his Patch run. It's similar to the German show Dark series.
    Last edited by Keno; 04-25-2024 at 07:00 AM.

While I'm over the love triangle, saying "Logan is fixated on Jean" ignores a few things. If we're talking about the cartoon, don't forget that she kissed him. So at least some of that feeling is mutual, even if she is currently mad at Scott, not sure if she actually married him or her clone did, and is overall confused. There's still clearly an attraction there that goes both ways. If we're talking about the comics, well, they were sleeping together in the Krakoan era. This was made really clear in a couple of places during Hickman's X-men and Percy's X-Force runs. Seemed like that was done with Scott's full knowledge and not giving a damn, so it was kind of an open relationship type thing. Felt like at one point he was still hooking up with Emma too, so it may've swung both ways.

Regardless, that weird experimentation phase seems to have died down, so I'll be interested to see where these relationships go in the next era. My vote is for both Scott and Jean to be single for a bit, to let them breathe as their own characters, and for Wolverine to find a new relationship with someone else. Maybe Dazzler? They slept together in Wolverine: The Best There Is mini series, and I feel like they could be a fun couple. Also, will be interesting to see if Emma's relationship with Tony Stark continues or not.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”