Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Marvel solicits are out. Here are the books for the deadpool and wolverine back up stories. (WOLVERINE & DEADPOOL WEAPON X-TRACTION)

INCREDIBLE HULK #14

CAPTAIN AMERICA #11

FANTASTIC FOUR #22

SPIDER-GWEN: THE GHOST-SPIDER #3

IMMORTAL THOR #13

Well, guess I’m buying those. I’m loyal. What can I say? Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Same, well.. I was already reading these besides spider-gwen lol

Capullo drawing Sabretooth now…

https://www.instagram.com/real_greg_...p/C57RCSWLjeF/

Attachment 138985

I know Brevoort said it’s not the regular Wolverine series he’s doing, but it’s sure as $#!t some sort of Wolverine series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Attachment 138985

I know Brevoort said it’s not the regular Wolverine series he’s doing, but it’s sure as $#!t some sort of Wolverine series.
    That looks amazing. Excited to see what this series is

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Attachment 138985

That art looks savage. And not just because its Sabretooth.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Attachment 138985

I think it's more mutant-leaning and specifically Wolverine-leaning than just a generic Marvel Universe mini, basically every other page he's been sharing has Logan on it. I'm just hoping for a great writer although I still think having Capullo draw the opening arc of the ongoing book would have been dope.

Personally I think he’s very messy and wasn’t well thought out. I get what Loeb was trying to do… give Logan a new arch villain who was kind of his creator, in a way. Similar I suppose to Cable’s history with Apocalypse. But the execution was poor, for one thing, and for another the seeds were already planted that Apocalypse was the voice on the phone in Barry Windsor-Smith’s ‘Weapon X’ masterpiece, and thus Apocalypse was apparently supposed to be the secret benefactor behind the Weapon X program. This was hinted at again later in ‘The Jungle Adventure’ too, by Walt Simonson and Mike Mignola. And I think Claremont hinted at this as well, or at least said somewhere that he always felt that Apocalypse was behind Weapon X.
    Amen. No matter how convoluted, my preference will always be for the Apocalypse/Sinister connection.
    But yeah, The Jungle Adventure is an All-Time Favorite & definite classic in every sense of the word

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-19-2024 at 03:15 AM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Attachment 138985

OMG! looks sick. Can't wait for this to get announced

Some more variants…

Wolverine Deep Cut #1

Wolverine #50

Deadpool #4

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Amen. No matter how convoluted, my preference will always be for the Apocalypse/Sinister connection.
    But yeah, The Jungle Adventure is an All-Time Favorite & definite classic in every sense of the word

Yeah, The Jungle Adventure was absolutely sick, which is why I fully support both Sinister and Apocalypse (with the former really acting as the latter’s emissary) having been involved with Weapon X behind the scenes.

I’d also reveal that somewhere along the line the Howlett genetic line wound up on their radar screen… maybe because of Apocalypse’s interaction with Folkbern Logan, an ancestor, back in the Middle Ages… but I have an even cooler idea, which is that the Howletts are descended from a proud ancient line that dates back to the First Mutant Age, when Krakoa and Arakko were still one (Okarra). So naturally En Sabah Nur has kept tabs on this bloodline for centuries. Something like that could be cool. A much better version of what Loeb and Way attempted to do with Romulus and the whole “Lupine Sapiens” nonsense.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if there's a story reason in the Claremont Deep Cut mini that Logan is wearing his yellow blue suit despite taking place in the Outback era as he was always in Brown then and almost all of the 80s.

Fantastic Member

In the Crunch, the missile comes through the vortex and Wolverine hops on and redirects it toward Mojo. As he speeds by fighting off Plasma Wraiths, the skeleton in the past suddenly vanishes, and when Jubilee fights back against Mojo, Abcissa suddenly vanishes from existence as well. Free from her bonds, Jubilee jumps free from Mojo and hops on Wolverine's Harley and speeds by the missile and pulls Wolverine off it. They drive through the time vortex back into the past just before the missile strikes Mojo, allowing the Crunch to happen and preserving the universe.

Wolverine suddenly finds himself at the Four Freedoms Plaza in the evening playing a poker game with Nick Fury, Gambit, Beast and the Thing at another one of the Thing's roving poker games. He is doing poorly and already owes Gambit 5 grand when suddenly Mr. Fantastic enters the room and tells Logan he has a collect call from Jubilee. Answering the phone, he learns that while he was transported to this poker game, Jubilee found herself transported to Japan where she was arrested for not having a license, speeding, and driving a vehicle that was smuggled into the country.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wolverine_Vol_2_53

Maybe I do need to read some Larry Hama Wolverine after alll....

Thanks to weapon x-traction reading list we know x-factor is launching in august. Hoping the wolverine book does too