Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Interview with directors of '97 Specifically linking to the ending discussing a tragically overshadowed great moment from EP5.

I never did like the whole "as a kid you like Wolverine, as an adult you like Cyclops" claim which I've heard many times and which I feel, while sorta true, is usually intended as an insult.

I know we have two-and-a-half more seasosn for Wolverine to do stuff, and it's not like Beast has had his own starring role or whatever, but I think what hurts so much is not just that Wolverine isn't doing anything, it's that his character so far is entirely dominated by his Jean fixation. So he is doing something...something people hate.

I might be a new comics fan but am I wrong to say Logan's thing for Jean is one of the most disliked aspects of his character? Better he just stand around doing nothing than that.
    I understand that you are a new comic fan around here but just to correct you that Logan wasn't "fixated" on Jean since he lost his adamantium during Fatal Attractions. There was a lot character development(in different ways of losing his other love interests) happened before Morrison(from New X-Men) took Logan into those moments where Jean and Scott's relationship wasn't going well and Logan showed character throughout that story. After Krakoa (House of X and Powers of X), Logan and Jean had real. Even most Wolverine fans around here failed to understand this.

For now I am 1000% sure the writer of X-Men 97 doesn't care about Logan otherwise he would have done his homework before rushing to moments which doesn't make sense .Nostalgia drama and storytelling will only take you so far.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I understand that you are a new comic fan around here but just to correct you that Logan wasn't "fixated" on Jean since he lost his adamantium during Fatal Attractions. There was a lot character development(in different ways of losing his other love interests) happened before Morrison(from New X-Men) took Logan into those moments where Jean and Scott's relationship wasn't going well and Logan showed character throughout that story. After Krakoa (House of X and Powers of X), Logan and Jean had real. Even most Wolverine fans around here failed to understand this.

For now I am 1000% sure the writer of X-Men 97 doesn't care about Logan otherwise he would have done his homework before rushing to moments which doesn't make sense .Nostalgia drama and storytelling will only take you so far.
    That's all fair. I'd never presume I know much of this, just seems to be a general air of "not this **** again" on r/xmen about these two.

Would you or anyone else here have reading suggestions on what to read for good Logan & Jean moments, be they friendly or romantic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Also, anyone who says “you like Wolverine as a kid and as an adult you like Cyclops” sounds like a tool and I wouldn’t hang out with them. This Wolverine fan is a grown up, with kids and a real job, still prefers Logan over Scott by a country mile and is doing just fine. Better than fine.
    Me too. The guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
    In fact I would say that today as an adult and a father I think Wolverine's character growth is one of If not the most interesting in Marvel and much easier to relate in comparison with cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    That's all fair. I'd never presume I know much of this, just seems to be a general air of "not this **** again" on r/xmen about these two.

Would you or anyone else here have reading suggestions on what to read for good Logan & Jean moments, be they friendly or romantic?
    Larry Hama's run(Wolverine #65, Wolverine #75, Wolverine #100) had Logan and Jean moments. It's where his character went through a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Larry Hama's run(Wolverine #65, Wolverine #75, Wolverine #100) had Logan and Jean moments. It's where his character went through a change.
    Hopefully this counts, but Ann Nocenti had an interesting tale called...

"Backlash"

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2024 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Made Corrections.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/no-g...lverine-comic/

kinda drops my excitement for this book ngl. really hoping for a strong creative team

Well, we still don't know what Capullo is working on. I still think it's a Wolverine mini series or something. We know it's got Wolverine in it, along with a slew of other X-characters. So I'm still pumped for it... whatever it is.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am interested in Greg's work whatever it turns out to be. Clasic Shield nick fury and Dugan yes please
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/no-g...lverine-comic/

kinda drops my excitement for this book ngl. really hoping for a strong creative team
    Was Wolverine or Fury playing any sort of role on that run with Hickman? I remember Logan was there in that book but he was mostly a poster boy

This Astonishing X-men costume Wolverine looks badass. Have already pre-ordered him…

https://marvelousnews.com/252-34966

IMG_9614.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-16-2024 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This Astonishing X-men costume Wolverine looks badass. Have already pre-ordered him…

https://marvelousnews.com/252-34966

IMG_9614.jpg
    Same, did you see the screen cap with the Astonishing Cyke, Logan and Emma! That's going on my shelf 100%. They also said there is more Wolverine figs coming out this year.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always found Logan more badass when he could be critically wounded. Being able to heal from a drop of blood is just too much. Paul Smiths amazing artwork.

Agreed. I much prefer his healing factor at 1980s levels, where he could absorb a lot of damage but the more profound it was the longer it took him to heal. I remember him sometimes being out for days while he recovered, and he would still feel some of the pain and scar tissue for weeks. That Logan really resonated with me as he wasn’t invincible, could feel pain (a lot of it!) for longer periods of time and it made him more relatable than an invincible tank. Ultimately he would heal from just about anything, but it took him longer the more severe it was.

Having him survive being nuked by Nitro, like in Civil War for example, and seemingly fine and wholly intact shortly thereafter was absurd IMO. Things like that lessen the character in my eyes, and make him less relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Same, did you see the screen cap with the Astonishing Cyke, Logan and Emma! That's going on my shelf 100%. They also said there is more Wolverine figs coming out this year.
    I did indeed…

Fantastic Member

Randomly came across this and thought it was super sweet

I found it right after rading a thread on Reddit too about how some readers feel Logan treats his actual children very different from how he treats kids like Kitty or Jubilee, basically a lot easier on the latter than the former, because he sees himself in the likes of Laura and Daken, including the bad parts of himself.