Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Wish he was on a team book (c'mon, X-Men is RIGHT THERE), but this is HOT anyway. Capullo is amazing and if the writer is just as great, this could be an iconic Wolverine run.

I can't help but think of Jackraow21 right now. He's going to love this Capullo news in words that shouldn't probably be used on this forum.

Hell mothaf@&$in’ f@&$ yes, b!t@&es!!!! Whoo. Taking the rest of the day off. Lol.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

We won!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    We won!!!!
    I'd say so for sure. One of my favorite books and character gets some top talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Greg Capullo reveals he’s drawing ‘Wolverine’ in 2024
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/04/gr...lverine-x-men/

Artist Greg Capullo has revealed via his Twitter today an interior page for an upcoming series he’s drawing, and it’s none other than Wolverine. He doesn’t say it’s Wolverine, nor does the hero show up on the interior page he shared, but you can see “Wolverine” written in the top left of the interior page. Given the jungle setting and a dinosaur foot on the page, it’s likely a scene in the Savage Land.

This isn’t Capullo’s first Marvel work since leaving DC Comics. Recently, Capullo has been supplying covers for Marvel Comics, but today, we know his first official Marvel interior work will be for Wolverine.

There’s no word yet on who will be writing Wolverine, although one could guess it’s Benjamin Percy continuing his run since he’s also continuing Ghost Rider in March with a new #1. It’s also worth noting there’s no word if he’s taking over as the ongoing artist or if this is simply a one-shot.

That said, it’s pretty clear this Capullo-drawn Wolverine series will be under the new era of X-Men, with editor Tom Brevoort taking over in July.

Yup, it says Wolverine at the top!
    OH GOD OH GOD OH MY F@&& GOD. ARE YOU FU@# KIDDING. HOT DAMMMNNNN!

This year is going be blast man.

This is the year we have been waiting for and i wasn't even aware Capullo you are a GOAT
    Last edited by Keno; 01-04-2024 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I'd say so for sure. One of my favorite books and character gets some top talent.
    Indeed. Can't get any better than this (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I love that issue #1 starts in the Savage Land. I'm thinking this may be exactly the type of globetrotting adventure book that I want with Logan. They need to do something fun and exciting with him, and I think setting him up somewhere new, having him pop in and out of the X-men books, and maybe interacting with other Marvel U characters like Nick Fury and the Avengers (where he's the mutant liaison to the superhuman community or something like that), running the mutant CIA (X-Force), and just being a full time superhero would be great fun. Give him a good supporting cast (with other X-Force members like Sage showing up, Forge as his weapons guy, and possibly even have Danger as his AI intel support). Base him out of Madripoor again, or possibly somewhere new -- hell, why not make X-Force's new HQ in the Savage Land for that matter? That could be a cool base of operations for Wolverine.

Let Capullo and whatever writer he's working with go absolutely nuts, drawing cool locales and big widescreen adventures. Really looking forward to this!

https://x.com/Ssnyder1835/status/174...578673553?s=20

so it's not scott snyder. I still hope it's donny cates

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    https://x.com/Ssnyder1835/status/174...578673553?s=20

so it's not scott snyder. I still hope it's donny cates
    Daaamn. I'm also rooting for Donny Cates at this point then.

Plenty of good writers out there. Cates would be good, if he's recovered. Last I heard he wasn't writing and was still struggling with injuries sustained in his accident. Hoping he's better and, yes, he would be a great choice for this book with Capullo. It was rumored they would be working together on it awhile back, before it was known what book it was for Marvel.

If not him, I'd love to see Deniz Camp take it. He's apparently doing the new Ultimates book for the Ultimate line launch. Not gonna lie. The Ultimate Spider-man and Black Panther books look dope. But the Ultimate X-men book with the focus on Armor and Storm-lite, and Japanese anime bent, really turn me off to that whole line for now. If it finds an audience, great. Not my thing, though. Point being, however, that Camp could do more than one book. So he might be a good choice for this with Capullo. Loved his Children of the Vault series and 20th Century Men too.

And if not Cates or Camp, maybe someone like Ram V? Haven't really read his work, except for some of his Venom run, but he seems to be highly regarded by folks who also like Al Ewing. And I like Al's work.

I feel like zeb wells is a name they might consider

Oooh... yeah, I really liked his Hellions. Good one!

Zeb Wells is not in good form lately. I think Hickman is also a good choice. Brevvort likes Ewing more than even Hickman so he also has a chance