Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

More Wonder Woman and Superman Christmas Love

“Mistletoe”

Last edited by LoveStar; 01-10-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Superman & Wonder Woman Wedding Day

Incredible Member

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More late Christmas themed art

"The night before Christmas."

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Q3_MZMr7_/

"Christmas morning. 🎁"

DC's Power Couple

Last edited by Deiasilva10; 01-11-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Holidays themed art

"Merry Christmas, Darling… Diana & Clark"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Q2lRLtYtG/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

We'll see. I don't see anything to worry about... yet. :-p He is supposed to write about their friendship not the romance if that's your concern due his bias.
    Even though it’s about their friendship, a bias writer can still slide in a subtle jab and sugarcoat it.
    We’ve seen that happen plenty of times and just unnecessary.
    But we will see…

Well, while we are at it, I should spoil the thing for the sake of discussion. In the new Crisis on the Infinite Earths animated film, spoilers:
    the Kal and Diana from Earth-2 we first saw in JSA: WWII are an actual couple.
    end of spoilers Btw, there isn't much focus on these other characters, it's a Barry Allen-centric story.

You should ask LoveStar if I never suggested the possibility.
    Yeah, this possibility was obvious from the end of the WWII movie and then the emphasis on “my” Clark in War World. Though, everything being done off screen and the characters having to talk it all ou or viewers have to fill in the blank themselves putting pieces together is annoying.

spoilers:
    I assume it was because she was missing and woke up on Warworld on Earth-1 without knowing where she was while her Superman was still on Earth-2, and after both were "abducted" by Monitor they found themselves in a crowd of heroes from different Earths and only meet again in that particular scene. So they didn't see each others for some time up to that point.
    end of spoilers
    Very cute surprising moment. Would’ve liked for them to reference her called him Shakespeare too.

Earth-2 (All-Star Squadron #21):

Older comic moments like this are very interesting and funny because detractors want to belittle Superman/Wonder Woman to just Millerverse, KC, and new52 and act like the idea of them being a pair has never been brought up beyond that. But even not being a couple, they have been hinted and teased for far longer than those iterations and it was more of the “right person, wrong timing” kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Even though it’s about their friendship, a bias writer can still slide in a subtle jab and sugarcoat it.
    We’ve seen that happen plenty of times and just unnecessary.
    But we will see…
    I know, but I wouldn't see the point with that particular story.

Yeah, this possibility was obvious from the end of the WWII movie and then the emphasis on “my” Clark in War World. Though, everything being done off screen and the characters having to talk it all ou or viewers have to fill in the blank themselves putting pieces together is annoying.
    Exactly, they teased a connection between them.

Was there any development that was made on-screen in these movies?

Very cute surprising moment. Would’ve liked for them to reference her called him Shakespeare too.
    That was his pet-name when they were younger and barely met. She calls him Kal now.

Older comic moments like this are very interesting and funny because detractors want to belittle Superman/Wonder Woman to just Millerverse, KC, and new52 and act like the idea of them being a pair has never been brought up beyond that. But even not being a couple, they have been hinted and teased for far longer than those iterations and it was more of the “right person, wrong timing” kinda thing.
    It was always teased is a simple way and got more serious stuff over time. The shared universe being just there and the SM and WW franchises being separated prevented the pair to be more than a tease earlier, but some fans and writers still speculated since the Silver/Bronze age about the possibility of a relationship between the two.

I know, but I wouldn't see the point with that particular story.
    There was no point any other time but did so anyway.

Exactly, they teased a connection between them.

Was there any development that was made on-screen in these movies?
    Nope not at all. But I mean they backpedaled on a verse that could’ve brought something new, got rid of that verse, budgets slashed, and this is pretty basic in a way.

That was his pet-name when they were younger and barely met. She calls him Kal now.
    But it’s cute and romantic really of him being a writer.
    Though, her calling him Kal is a plus too!

It was always teased is a simple way and got more serious stuff over time. The shared universe being just there and the SM and WW franchises being separated prevented the pair to be more than a tease earlier, but some fans and writers still speculated since the Silver/Bronze age about the possibility of a relationship between the two.
    These facts go over heads on purpose because it wouldn’t fit the narrative tried to be forced.