Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1508
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hypocritical, I suppose...She obviously still loves him so that's a normal, emotional reaction to what has happpened between them and Maddie, but that is hardly damning, going by the reactions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Honestly Scott and Jean are both hypocrites this episode.

This is what happens when you don’t talk about your feelings and that’s on both of them.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean showed empathy toward maddie at the end of episode 3. She is very compassionate but also has a fiery temper. Both Jean and Maddie have demonstrated both sides in this show. Sometimes they feel sympathy for the other and sometimes they are angry at the other. Its understandable, imho.
    yeah when Maddie was in front of hr face. Now she is like F that hoe!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That's kind of what happened in X-Factor at least 3 times after she kept blaming Madeleyne for Scotts insanity. Because she went through the siege perilous
    I dont recall that. I think you may have some things mixxd up. None of those characters went through the Siege Perilous. She and Logan only shared one kiss after Inferno in X-Tinction Agenda and i dont think Scott was even aware of that. And Scott wasnt insane for Jean to blame anyone for that

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand. In the context of the show...Didn't Scott just break up with his wife (of clearly more than 9 months) who turned demon on him? How is Jean Kissing Logan somehow reprehensible and a stain on her character? They weren't together.
    in the very next scene she swaps spit with Scott. This episode literally had hr bouncing between men

ETA: I take back some of what i wrote as I incorrectly stated she kissed Scott missing the reveal that it was in fact Maddie. Man I hate this confusing story...lol
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2024 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder how the writers will tackle Scott and Jean's marriage in the new era when they may not even exist in the same galaxy at times. Talk about ultimate long distance!
    Given recent history, I suspect Marvel will set up another stupid love triangle to milk for melodrama. Since they never got a chance to work out their issues before things went south at the last Hellfire Gala, I suspect they're just going to make it so they aren't able to reconcile for a good long while. They might not split them up, but something tells me Marvel will treat Jean's cosmic journey in her solo series as sort of a legal separation. Because, as we've seen in the Spider-Man comics, there's no room for happiness with these characters.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I dont recall that. I think you may have some things mixxd up. None of those characters went through the Siege Perilous. She and Logan only shared one kiss after Inferno in X-Tinction Agenda and i dont think Scott was even aware of that. And Scott wasnt insane for Jean to blame anyone for that

in the very next scene she swaps spit with Scott. This episode literally had hr bouncing between men
    Did Madeylne not go though to the Siege Perilous right after the Adversary which made them undetectable to technology?

There were 3 occasions in X-Factor when Jean blamed Madylene for doing this to Scott. He kept having seeing the Phoenix image but that was what's his face from the Right causing it. Jean blamed Madeylne when she saw them after they fought the Adversary on TV I'll look for the scan.

I could probably almost understand if she kissed Scott first and then Logan as that might cast a different light on her feelings for Scott and their connection, but all things considered...Still not damning and odious for Jean. Or even that shocking. If you know the history of these characters, which we all do.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Did Madeylne not go though to the Siege Perilous right after the Adversary which made them undetectable to technology?

There were 3 occasions in X-Factor when Jean blamed Madylene for doing this to Scott. He kept having seeing the Phoenix image but that was what's his face from the Right causing it. Jean blamed Madeylne when she saw them after they fought the Adversary on TV I'll look for the scan.
    No. Roma gave it to the X-men as a means to start brand new lives after the Adversary but it wasnt used until Rogue, Master Mold and Nimrod went through it after Inferno. Roma's magic is what made them undetectable

Can you share? I do disagree with the claim that Scott was insane and Jean blamed Maddie causing said insanity in him

I could probably almost understand if she kissed Scott first and then Logan as that might cast a different light on her feelings for Scott and their connection, but all things considered...Still not damning and odious for Jean. Or even that shocking. If you know the history of these characters, which we all do.
    Does it matter the order? She's locking lips with two different guys within the span of minutes. It cheapens her relationship with both of them and overall makes her look bad

It didn't make her look bad in the published comics just conflicted, but...If you think so.

No. Roma gave it to the X-men as a means to start brand new lives after the Adversary but it wasnt used until Rogue, Master Mold and Nimrod went through it after Inferno. Roma's magic is what made them undetectable

Can you share? I do disagree with the claim that Scott was insane and Jean blamed Maddie causing said insanity in him

Does it matter the order? She's locking lips with two different guys within the span of minutes. It cheapens her relationship with both of them and overall makes her look bad
    Just going through them now. It's circa the period where Maddie goes please find our son on TV. Scott thought he was going insane around that period of time

When it came to Jean Xmen '97 PISSED me off

spoilers:
    Beau adapted the Morrison run. Jean kisses Logan and Scott is revealed to still share a psychic rapport with Maddie whom he's been secretly connecting. Jean came across as a big hypocrite and this was enough fuel for people that already hate her
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I didn't care for that moment, either. I think it's one of Jean's worst moments. But I also understand why it was included, beyond just mirroring the comics.

It basically ensures nobody is completely innocent in this situation. She did something wrong. Cyclops did something wrong. How they work through it...only time will tell. This show has been going extra hard in terms of melodrama, both with these two and with Rogue and Gambit. And I suspect it'll get a lot heavier in the coming episodes.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It didn't make her look bad in the published comics just conflicted, but...If you think so.
    To you but people trash her to this day over that. It was much worse when Scott and Emma were together and that was always used as an argument for why Jean was a terrible wife
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2024 at 10:22 AM.

yeah, but people clearly are bigots and self-righteous when it comes to the illusion of monogamy in relationships/marriages. sorry, it great to see characters being "conflicted" or flawed or maybe doing wrong decisions they will regret...or not.

Just going through them now. It's circa the period where Maddie goes please find our son on TV. Scott thought he was going insane around that period of time
    There's also a I hate what shes doing her scene. I'm 100% certain. But CBR purged a lot of the threads when they did the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yeah, but people clearly are bigots and self-righteous when it comes to the illusion of monogamy in relationships/marriages. sorry, it great to see characters being "conflicted" or flawed or maybe doing wrong decisions they will regret...or not.
    Being/looking at a relationship as monogomaous makes someone a bigot? i all parties are open and there are established rules, cool, but thats not the nature of Scott and Jean. When you are lying, doing things in secret, keeping things from one another and/or acting in a way tha you know will clearly hurt the other person, you are wrong and put yourself in a position to be called out and held accountable

There's also a I hate what shes doing her scene. I'm 100% certain. But CBR purged a lot of the threads when they did the reboot.
    Thanks! I remember that being one of her less fine moments in that series

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Aren't we all like that sometimes?