Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Me too!

Pre-X-Men Jean with her Telepathy not yet blocked, showing Jean as she was/is and will be in the future!
    And, well before all the need for and unnecessary nonsense of a White Hot Room

Wait is she levitating in that first panel? Are they having sex while she is levitating AND holding back his optic blast? Because that is so Jean.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I debated with myself if I should go into the meanings of the Lovers card and why symbolism is important in tarot and whatnot.

But, since I doubt either Duggan or Noto are into that, I don’t think it matters (plus, I guess most people would not be interested anyway).

So I’ll just share the Lovers card from the Rider–Waite tarot that seems to have been the inspiration.

Here it goes:

And the one from the book:

As you guys can see, Jean is taking the role of the angel/divine being there.

When I saw Noto’s art in the preview, I wondered why he had place her on a tree.

Now it makes sense (well, kinda), considering the “dream” sequence seems to be related to the Treehouse.

Curious, no? I wonder if Duggan actually wrote that into the script (describing how the card should be drawn) or it was just in Noto’s mind so he drew it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Wait is she levitating in that first panel? Are they having sex while she is levitating AND holding back his optic blast? Because that is so Jean.
    sure why not? When you have non-lethal powers, why not use them to keep the bedroom spicy...lol

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    What since when?
    From John Byrne drawing him days!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'll never forget this...

Exactly the scene I was thinking of, and just before that, I knew I liked hairy men from that moment! 🤪

I forgot to reply to your posts, Phoenixx9.

Thank you, love! It’s always been one of my favorite “shots” of her.

She’s utterly transcendent.

Exactly. That was such a beautifully crafted moment by Claremont.
    No worries, luv!

Yes, Jean is...Transcendent, Translucent, Opaque and Iridescent!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, well before all the need for and unnecessary nonsense of a White Hot Room
    Jean would not need the WHR on her own.

Done Properly, the WHR is a good thing for The Phoenix, who is the Guardian of the fantastically powerful M'Kraan Crystal.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I debated with myself if I should go into the meanings of the Lovers card and why symbolism is important in tarot and whatnot.

But, since I doubt either Duggan or Noto are into that, I don’t think it matters (plus, I guess most people would not be interested anyway).

So I’ll just share the Lovers card from the Rider–Waite tarot that seems to have been the inspiration.

Here it goes:

And the one from the book:

As you guys can see, Jean is taking the role of the angel/divine being there.

When I saw Noto’s art in the preview, I wondered why he had place her on a tree.

Now it makes sense (well, kinda), considering the “dream” sequence seems to be related to the Treehouse.

Curious, no? I wonder if Duggan actually wrote that into the script (describing how the card should be drawn) or it was just in Noto’s mind so he drew it that way.
    Thank you for showing and sharing all of this, Grinning Soul! It is interesting.

Random thought: Imagine the "dream" sequence leads to the conception and eventual birth of Rachel...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Random thought: Imagine the "dream" sequence leads to the conception and eventual birth of Rachel...
    I know Jean is multiversal, but....this is our Jean of 616, not the Jean of 811. That Jean already birthed Rachel....

I know Jean is multiversal, but....this is our Jean of 616, not the Jean of 811. That Jean already birthed Rachel....
    When it comes to Jean, the laws of spacetime bend and blur…

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thank you for showing and sharing all of this, Grinning Soul! It is interesting.
    No problem, hon. :)

Here. I'll provide the song for the conception.

Never say I don't help. :P

Okay, but seriously... Considering the way Gillian recently defined the WHR, it's possible.

But, come on... it's weird, Mercury. Imagine having to explain *that* to future fans. "Okay, so she was killed, then killed again. Then, while being double-dead, she made psychic love with her hubby and got pregnant." Don't we have enough in our plate already? :D

Don't give Marvel ideas, please. If it's crazy enough, they might forget they hate babies/children and go for it. :D

BANNED

This. Also ew. Shogoing Jean is a bad idea, which means can't put it past Marvel though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    No problem, hon.

Here. I'll provide the song for the conception.

Never say I don't help. :P

Okay, but seriously... Considering the way Gillian recently defined the WHR, it's possible.

But, come on... it's weird, Mercury. Imagine having to explain *that* to future fans. "Okay, so she was killed, then killed again. Then, while being double-dead, she made psychic love with her hubby and got pregnant." Don't we have enough in our plate already?

Don't give Marvel ideas, please. If it's crazy enough, they might forget they hate babies/children and go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This. Also ew. Shogoing Jean is a bad idea, which means can't put it past Marvel though lol
    Yeah, I agree.

I am sorry Mercury Luv, but I am just not feeling that idea.

Our Jean has so much on her plate already anyway. I cannot imagine what they have in store or how they are going to have Jean fix everything, but I am sure they know.

"All will be revealed".