Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apechei View Post
    On another note… what are our thoughts on Storm facing anti-Phoenix forces in the upcoming issue RoM?
    I love it! Storm is a goddess/avatar of life in her own right.

I'm also confident Jean will have some cosmic adventures coming up.

Storm is my other main fave in addition to Jean, so I'm enjoying Resurrection of Magneto. I also really like Magneto.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll wait to see how that turns out next week. It's the Shadow King so...who knows what's really happening there?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I thought they had gotten rid of that stupid ponytail. Honestly, I'm of the mind that this series did not need revisited.
    I think Jean will be letting her hair down sometime mid-season...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rumors/speculation is that

spoilers:
    Jean has the ponytail and the shots of her with the hair down is actually Maddie
    end of spoilers
    I've heard otherwise from a 100% credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I am usually of the mindset that nothing ever needs to be made. It just is made because there is a passion for it. I just hope Jean is powerful, which teasers appear to imply as much.
    I've heard "she's as powerful as she is in the comics now."

On another note… what are our thoughts on Storm facing anti-Phoenix forces in the upcoming issue RoM?
    I don't really consider those beings "anti-Phoenix forces" if you mean they equal Phoenix's power. Phoenix is "the sum and substance of all that lives," as Claremont once wrote.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

"rolls eyes"

Anti-Phoenix as in the Darkness, the Death and the Chaos...the Opposites/Counterbalances, the intrinsic necessities that exist in the Cosmic Balance. Oh. My. God.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

I love how the sisters' story lines come together.

Ewing noted in Defenders Beyond that the Phoenix Force was the primordial flame, dissipating and balancing the primordial darkness.

In ROTPOX #2, it is revealed that the White Hot Room began to go dark due to Jean/ Phoenix's serious injury.

Apparently, what Storm will be dealing with in ROM#3 is the consequences of Phoenix's serious injuries - dark creatures that start to haunt after losing their light suppression.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I thought they had gotten rid of that stupid ponytail. Honestly, I'm of the mind that this series did not need revisited.
    high ponytail magic. Ariana Grande who? I absolutely adore the look. I'm glad it will be back! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "rolls eyes"

Anti-Phoenix as in the Darkness, the Death and the Chaos...the Opposites/Counterbalances, the intrinsic necessities that exist in the Cosmic Balance. Oh. My. God.
    There are a lot of opposites to the Phoenix that were not present too.

Starhawk, Tiger God, and Chaos Magic itself. While Chaos Magic feels more like just of happenstance since the Phoenix more a balance of chaos and order and Chaos Magic is just Chaos, the other two are more just predators of darkness.

Heck, based on hints, it appears even the One Below All in itself is set up as an opposite to the Phoenix. It’s surreal.

“The Mystery frightens and disgusts me. I will kill it. Make it as hollow as I.”

"rolls eyes"

lmao. Phoenix has been described as “a primal force, second only to that of the Creator” (Claremont, 1980), “the singular universal manifestation of life” (Hickman, 2019), and “the glory at the heart of all things. The roaring flame of mercy and terrible judgment” (Ewing, 2022). She has also been described as “dark,” “the angel of death,” the mythical “chaos-bringer,” and the “ravager of worlds” (Claremont, 1980), which makes sense, of course, considering her myth represents life, death, and rebirth. Growth and destruction.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I wish I could write more, but I’m rushing to school to finish a paper, so screenshots and a quote will have to do for now.

Newly revealed design for Eternity by Valerio Schiti for Hickman’s G.O.D.S.:

Hickman on the driving force behind G.O.D.S.:

“One of the things we wanted to do is take abstracts and make a more street-level version of the character,” said Hickman. “There’s multiple aspects for Doctor Strange to run into In-Betweener in some mundane location. You can have a conversation between two normal-sized aspects, but they’re still the same uber-powerful deity in the body of a man or a woman or a cat. OK, we didn’t use a cat.”
    Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/24/ma...athan-hickman/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I wish I could write more, but I’m rushing to school to finish a paper, so screenshots and a quote will have to do for now.

Hickman on the driving force behind G.O.D.S.:

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/24/ma...athan-hickman/

Jean/Phoenix and Eternity a new romance? ��

You know...As Thee Phoenix, I won't be mad at all if they take her out of the X-Men team setting entirely and place her in Marvel's Cosmic Universe. It does make a certain very logical sense to go in that direction.

You know...As Thee Phoenix, I won't be mad at all if they take her out of the X-Men team setting entirely and place her in Marvel's Cosmic Universe. It does make a certain very logical sense to go in that direction.
    Noooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooo
    I think she can and want her to do BOTH. I want her to remain dedicated to the mutants and the X-Men–her family—and to go on periodic cosmic sojourns, exhibiting her highest potential, for various metaphysical reasons. If I could take Alan Moore's run on Swamp-Thing and make it a template for a multi-year arc for Jean/Phoenix, that's what I would do.

Jean’s story in 13 words 🥹 (From X-Men Forever [2001]:

“She had forgotten what it felt like. Or, she hadn’t wanted to remember.”

Between Jean's wingtip shoulder action and Eternity's new "head..."On the next episode of Cosmic Makeover Misses..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Eternity...Forever...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.