Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

I wish they'd go ahead and solidify Jean having a part in, if not fully, creating Hope...everything is just too on the nose. And since the 90s Jean has said that to her, being Phoenix represents Hope, and as we were just reminded(well most of us Jean fans never forgot), Jean proclaimed, "I'm not going to be stand around twiddling my thumbs while our kind is totally wipe from the face of the Earth!"...so who better to have sent Hope as a way to reignite the flame that is mutantkind, than Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I wish they'd go ahead and solidify Jean having a part in, if not fully, creating Hope...everything is just too on the nose. And since the 90s Jean has said that to her, being Phoenix represents Hope, and as we were just reminded(well most of us Jean fans never forgot), Jean proclaimed, "I'm not going to be stand around twiddling my thumbs while our kind is totally wipe from the face of the Earth!"...so who better to have sent Hope as a way to reignite the flame that is mutantkind, than Jean.
    Well, yeah, I mean that is what The Phoenix stands for...."Hope. A hope that never dies!"

Also, "That is what it means to be The Phoenix----to be the last resort----to keep coming back----winning against all of the odds!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

So between the cover of X-Men 33 and the cover of Fall of the House of X 4 it doesn't look like Jean gets to rescue Scott after all. Then again if Jean will be Phoenix during this event then she wouldn't really fit in the war against Orchis story until perhaps the very end. Maybe when she shows up the thought of having to fight the Phoenix makes what's left of Orchis surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    So between the cover of X-Men 33 and the cover of Fall of the House of X 4 it doesn't look like Jean gets to rescue Scott after all. Then again if Jean will be Phoenix during this event then she wouldn't really fit in the war against Orchis story until perhaps the very end. Maybe when she shows up the thought of having to fight the Phoenix makes what's left of Orchis surrender.
    Have you got scans of these covers please?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Have you got scans of these covers please?
    I think The_Thunderbird meant those:

https://bdcosmos.com/cdn/shop/produc...g?v=1704391583

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/fa...4004_cover.jpg

Edited to hide the pics, since Jeannie isn't on them.

Sorry in advance if they don't work as URLs, sometimes part of links are censored by the filter and they break.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-13-2024 at 09:59 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanspryde View Post
    Do we think it’s possible that Hope may be the one to ascend as Phoenix and fight Enigma and kill it instead of Jean since her messiah arc needs an ending?
    E0D46427-8D61-44D5-891B-E79B86DBE8D5.jpg6BEE7958-D108-4069-BB70-074963FDA262.jpg
    Both Jordan and Kieron emphasized that Jean would be the central character. To be honest, the Messiah/archangel doesn't mean much when God is personally involved in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think The_Thunderbird meant those:

Please, let me know when you see them, Ports, and I'll edit them to links, since our girl is not actually on them.
    Ah thank you my dear! Nice to see Cyclops back in action, but no indication that it is Jean that frees him, though I hope it is.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think they're saving Jean/Phoenix for the big finale moment against Enigma.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Ah thank you my dear! Nice to see Cyclops back in action, but no indication that it is Jean that frees him, though I hope it is.
    No problem, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I think Jean will appear (and hopefully do something more than "bleed") in X-Men: Forever.

It *might* be where they deal with Enigma indeed. But with 3 mini-series it's hard to tell.

My guess is that Gillen will save it for his other book (which might still have Jean anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes, they do tend to do that with Jean, especially if/when they connect her to The Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I also think she'll be very instrumental in resetting the timeline if not directly, then indirectly has a hand in doing so. I'm not a Gillenister fan and Duggan has worn out my interest but I'll be here for that finale if Phoenix Jean shows up and shows out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

They said that Jean would be an essential character for this event in several interviews. I hope they deliver. Also when she does show up I hope she doesn't just go away after the event is done. Especially since Jean hasn't even been active since the end of her solo. It would be a waste if she does very little only to go away.

They said that Jean would be an essential character for this event in several interviews. I hope they deliver. Also when she does show up I hope she doesn't just go away after the event is done. Especially since Jean hasn't even been active since the end of her solo. It would be a waste if she does very little only to go away.
    It would be so infuriating if we got a rehash of Planet X and I really hope we dont. Jean can save the day and come back to the mortal plane amongst the rest. I really dont want Gillen to have her ascend and leave to repair the WHR which feels more and more like it could be a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would be so infuriating if we got a rehash of Planet X and I really hope we dont. Jean can save the day and come back to the mortal plane amongst the rest. I really dont want Gillen to have her ascend and leave to repair the WHR which feels more and more like it could be a possibility
    I liked the Jean Grey mini and loved how it teased Jean having a different relationship with the Phoenix this time around. But if she does go away at the end like in Planet X or Endsong then I think it would prove Rosenberg's point in Phoenix Resurrection that Jean and Phoenix weren't good for one another. I'd literally take Jean being stuck at 90's Fox cartoon power levels for the rest of publication history over being a deus ex machina that only shows up briefly every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Same.

I liked the Jean Grey mini and loved how it teased Jean having a different relationship with the Phoenix this time around. But if she does go away at the end like in Planet X or Endsong then I think it would prove Rosenberg's point in Phoenix Resurrection that Jean and Phoenix weren't good for one another. I'd literally take Jean being stuck at 90's Fox cartoon power levels for the rest of publication history over being a deus ex machina that only shows up briefly every few years.
    Same. A character with a weak power-level (or even fully depowered) can still be interesting. A Deus ex Machina is not a character by definition.