Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Trailer looks great!

As a Jean fan however I'm over seeing her in passive roles, the last two X-men animated features had her sidelined or incapacitated until the end of the arc. I'm not interested in those kinds of stories with her anymore, and given her current state in the comics it's hard to be optimistic when she is consistently, placed in the most predictably boring support roles. I just HOPE she has a few scenes with Storm!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Is it really that difficult to have a Jean that is not a weakling? Starting the cartoon with her pregnant, really? This is why X-men Evolution is so much better than the classic one.

But I hope I'm wrong. I need to be wrong.
    The show runner claims to be a Jean fan, but starts off the showing by making her pregnant and effectively sidelining her. And then there’s the possibility it might even be Jean in a 10 episode series where there is a huge cast to juggle and adding 2-3 new members. It doesn’t look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Trailer looks great!

As a Jean fan however I'm over seeing her in passive roles, the last two X-men animated features had her sidelined or incapacitated until the end of the arc. I'm not interested in those kinds of stories with her anymore, and given her current state in the comics it's hard to be optimistic when she is consistently, placed in the most predictably boring support roles. I just HOPE she has a few scenes with Storm!
    I agree. It's not the pregnancy itself that bothers me, but her history. I'll be honest and say I've never watched the whole classic cartoon entirely, but I know Jean was always being saved by Rogue and could barely fly or lift something without Phoenix. I mean, really?

If she at least does something while pregnant (her powers totally allow her to do it, and they could also have some kind of mother boost moment, like Lorna in The Gifted) I'd be glad. Regarding Storm, Wolverine, Gambit and others, they all look good.

So far, the best Jean adaptation is for sure the Evolution one.

Fantastic Member

Amm I the only Jean fan that Found Evo Jean offensively void of personality? I'm hoping they will ditch the orgasm cries and keep Jean's dry wit from the original.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 02-15-2024 at 09:09 AM.

BANNED

Between this bullshit, Brevoort, and synergy, getting good Jean content is going to be hell for a long freaking time. smh

I bet that’s not Jean pregnant. I suspect that Sinister kidnaps Jean and replaces her with Madelyne and has everyone fooled into thinking that that’s Jean all along. Later in the season is when they realize and all hell breaks loose. Most likely meaning that Jean will be a background character of sorts. I’m annoyed but Yay! The X-Men are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Between this bullshit, Brevoort, and synergy, getting good Jean content is going to be hell for a long freaking time. smh
    Wait…..Kitty, did they already forget that leak regarding X-Men 97?……welp, it’s probably best they forget. Not because I think it’s bad, but keeping things spoiler free is common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Heart View Post
    I bet that’s not Jean pregnant. I suspect that Sinister kidnaps Jean and replaces her with Madelyne and has everyone fooled into thinking that that’s Jean all along. Later in the season is when they realize and all hell breaks loose. Most likely meaning that Jean will be a background character of sorts. I’m annoyed but Yay! The X-Men are back.
    Id rather Jean pregnant than some switcheroo. This is still a kids show so Im not sure if they will get into the soap opera aspect of what would technically be rape by deception

Paradigm shift:

“… the part of her that eats stars and Dominions steps closer.”

Last edited by Mercury; 02-15-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

omfg.

Gillen: "...Jean takes the holy grail aspect... Jean grows and grows, and then consuming the book is the best way of putting it. I don't want to say much more than that, but Jean could not be more important to the book, but we built towards there because she is it; she's the holy grail, she's the thing that's being sought, the thing that's trying to find unity if you will."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id rather Jean pregnant than some switcheroo. This is still a kids show so Im not sure if they will get into the soap opera aspect of what would technically be rape by deception
    I don’t think they know what you’re talking about. Hopefully, they will be fine with spoilers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jean ends up being The Goblin Queen. I mean, the MCU has sort of established that this is an alternate universe (see Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness), so they could get away with doing this. Either way, I'm beyond hyped. Also, Jennifer Hale has been confirmed to voice Jean, although she also voiced Jean in X-Men Evolution.

https://ew.com/x-men-97-trailer-lega...-james-8580432

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on Gillen's revelations today and the panel from Rise of X #2?

BANNED

Whatever is happening in X-Men Forever, I hope it's active and explosive. This is one of the last stories, if not the last, before the 90s aesthetic and babies re-sideline Jean for a decade or who knows how long beyond that. She should go out with a bang.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, what are everyone's thoughts on Gillen's revelations today and the panel from Rise of X #2?
    I hope the wait is going to be worth it. I've got a couple of questions about this series. Like will spirit Jean as seen in the solo be seen before she's properly revived? She's been missing some character action and I'd like to see her perspective if any on Scott's visions or getting stabbed by Mother Righteous. Also it looks like the Phoenix Force is dying too. I wonder if in a reversal of the usual resurrections that Jean will revive the Phoenix Force since it's implied that she created it once before. I've seen some people speculate that Jean may be a vegetable through a good portion of the series. However it's hinted that Jean had her mind messed up in the first place because MR redirected Krakoa's exiled population to the White Hot Room. The cover of Forever 2 has Exodus and the Dead X-Men fighting a Stark Sentinel alongside Rachel and Krakoa. Maybe this means that mutants will begin to escape the WHR and Jean will get better around then.

What is like to see in the movie…
    Attached Images Attached Images