Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1575

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I was pleased with Jean in this episode too. Especially after feeling that she's been a bit shortchanged for the last few episodes.
    spoilers:
    She came across as pretty powerful although there's still room for her powers to grow and develop. Loved her moment with Rogue since that's a friendship we don't see very often, proving Jean is always the most empathetic of the entire team.

Was anyone else shocked at the way Cable snapped at her? He said she's "not her." It's such a strange inversion from the comics where he's always loved Jean whereas here, he seemed to be really disgusted by her not being Maddie. Really weird especially because he never acted like this towards Jean in the original series.
    end of spoilers
    The pressure probably getting to him. Who knows how many times this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Justice for jean in X-men 97!

spoilers:

She is no longer weak! She has some great moments. Holding and hurling a building. Most of the Xmen got taken out by the Prime sentinel with one hit but she was able to tussle with him, flying and engaging in aerial battle. Her blue TK psychic form was everything! I rewatched the scene and noticed that she actually helped Scott land. so not only was she simultaneously holding every piece of debris, she was also holding a falling building and securing Scott's fall behind her. Impressive!
    end of spoilers

BTW, I made gifs of those scenes at this link but not posting here as to not spoil it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6793759

spoilers:
    I didnt like that part considering maddie didnt raise him so he shouldnt have any preferential affection towards her either.
    end of spoilers

She would be she's empathetic. The problem is he has no feelings for her so I wonder if hey will even bother trying to develop a relationship between them
    Thank you for the gifs. We need competent Jean circling around the internet or else the public forgets. Like goldfish. Lmao!

Astonishing Member

I was pleased with Jean in this episode too. Especially after feeling that she's been a bit shortchanged for the last few episodes.
    spoilers:
    She came across as pretty powerful although there's still room for her powers to grow and develop. Loved her moment with Rogue since that's a friendship we don't see very often, proving Jean is always the most empathetic of the entire team.

Was anyone else shocked at the way Cable snapped at her? He said she's "not her." It's such a strange inversion from the comics where he's always loved Jean whereas here, he seemed to be really disgusted by her not being Maddie. Really weird especially because he never acted like this towards Jean in the original series.
    end of spoilers
    To be fair, it isn't even clear if the Jean who Cable met on the original series was Jean or Maddie.

We don't know how much Cable knows about the switch between Jean and Maddie. So, it's possible he just discovered the situation now.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-24-2024 at 08:09 AM.

I always took the Jean Grey Marvel Girl wearing a green mask moment during Rachel's life flashes before her eyes pages of EXCALIBUR #61 was a mis-coloring for the panel but it looks like Jean was shown wearing the Marvel Mask in that coloration for at least one period: X-MEN #54/55, the intro of Havok before Neal Adams took over art duties...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-24-2024 at 10:14 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Why were you shocked? The delivery of the line was sad not forceful. He didn't snap at her.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

We don't know how much Cable knows about the switch between Jean and Maddie. So, it's possible he just discovered the situation now.
    He knew exactly who Maddie was. She psychically bonded with him just before handing him to Bishop. He grew up with her feelings in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I always took the Jean Grey Marvel Girl wearing a green mask moment during Rachel's life flashes before her eyes pages of EXCALIBUR #61 was a mis-coloring for the panel but it looks like Jean was shown wearing the Marvel Mask in that coloration for at least one period: X-MEN #54/55, the intro of Havok before Neal Adams took over art duties...

Yes indeed, that Excalibur pic reminded me of XM 54-55, in which Jean also sported a red belt!

I always loved seeing Jean's Mental Bolts too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, it isn't even clear if the Jean who Cable met on the original series was Jean or Maddie.

That was Jean from the first season. There's no way the Jean we've known since day one was always Maddie.

The Maddie swap probably occurred in-between the original show and '97 or at earliest, during the S4 finale. Which means Jean would only have been swapped out for S5.

Liking the low key energy nimbus effect to show her telekinesis here. Very pink form-esque in some ways, despite being blue most of the time. I have never been a big fan of voluminous amounts of unseen pink cloud energy being used to convey and over matter.

My thoughts were the pink form as well. I don't normally like her with blue powers, but she looked good here. It's interesting that both Magneto and Storm were identified as omega-level mutants early in this show but Jean hasn't. I still think they're saving that since she's usually the poster child for omega-level mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why were you shocked? The delivery of the line was sad not forceful. He didn't snap at her.
    His tone was rather gruff. Almost rude.

Justice for jean in X-men 97!

spoilers:

She is no longer weak! She has some great moments. Holding and hurling a building. Most of the Xmen got taken out by the Prime sentinel with one hit but she was able to tussle with him, flying and engaging in aerial battle. Her blue TK psychic form was everything! I rewatched the scene and noticed that she actually helped Scott land. so not only was she simultaneously holding every piece of debris, she was also holding a falling building and securing Scott's fall behind her. Impressive!
    end of spoilers

BTW, I made gifs of those scenes at this link but not posting here as to not spoil it: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post6793759

spoilers:
    I didnt like that part considering maddie didnt raise him so he shouldnt have any preferential affection towards her either.
    end of spoilers

She would be she's empathetic. The problem is he has no feelings for her so I wonder if hey will even bother trying to develop a relationship between them
    Thanks for those gorgeous gifs. It's a bittersweet moment because this is frankly the standard she should have debuted at and been topping now rather than only finally reaching this level.

Liking the low key energy nimbus effect to show her telekinesis here. Very pink form-esque in some ways, despite being blue most of the time. I have never been a big fan of voluminous amounts of unseen pink cloud energy being used to convey and over matter.

tue pink is iconic but I love the bright blue outline tk, it's cool looking reminds me of a mix of teen titans cartoon Raven and Psychic pokemon in the anime. I hope we get a big blue phoenix projection when she gets her Omega level threat moment

Beau is confirming that we Jean fans need to be patient. Her time is coming (so is Wolverine's btw).
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...56700159349088

Beau is confirming that we Jean fans need to be patient. Her time is coming (so is Wolverine's btw).
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...56700159349088
    I dont get it. i thought she had her moment this episode

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I dont get it. i thought she had her moment this episode
    Tbh I hated how she was treated in this episode. Scott needs to apologize to her after not talking to her for a month. And that Cable scene?