Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1508

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    On a more current and relevant note...I'm not moved by the Phoenix announcement. I love the idea of Cosmic Phoenix Jean but the solicit didn't sell. I'll see what the previews bring before deciding on this one. Of the five announced books only X-Force has actually managed to pique my interest.
    I'm liking the concept, the only thing worrying me is the writer. I've heard almost nothing but bad things and the one thing I read by them was awful. Why not put Ewing on this, it seems made for him?

As one of the most powerful heroes on Earth, Jean Grey stands apart from even her fellow Omega-Level mutants with her infinite potential. This July, the From the Ashes era begins, but as the X-Men regroup across the globe, Xavier’s first student will ascend to the cosmos to fulfill her divine destiny!

During the final moments of Krakoa, currently being told in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X and X-MEN: FOREVER, Jean Grey finds herself at the epicenter of creation and rebirth known as the White Hot Room. What shocking metamorphosis occurs that leads to her adopting a new costume and taking to the stars as the Phoenix? And with her deadly reputation preceding her, will the galaxy kneel or cower before her greatness?

She is Jean Grey. She is Phoenix. She saves the world. She brings death. One woman, alone in space, who not only must do what no one else can: she yearns to. A desperate S.O.S. from Nova brings the Phoenix to the edge of a black hole, where hundreds of lives hang in the balance… and whatever Jean does—or fails to do—will bring darkness to the universe and haunt her in ways she can scarcely imagine…
    This July, on the edge of the From the Ashes era, the latest evolution of X-Force is born, specifically suited to this brash new age of mutant storytelling. Discover their impossible mission in the new X-FORCE ongoing series written by acclaimed screenwriter Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by kinetic X-MEN artist Marcus To.

This time, this iconic comic book super squad will be built from the ground up by the mutant inventor—Forge! Accessing an omega-level degree of his unique and complex mutant power to build anything, Forge will bear witness to everything broken in the world.

Luckily, he knows exactly who he’ll need to repair it: Rachel Summers, Betsy Braddock, Sage, Surge, and Tank. To save nothing short of existence itself, they’ll jump sword, gun, and fist first into deadly uncertainty, and the only thing getting in their way will be the secrets they keep!

A new path forged! The world is fractured. Forge uses his powers to devise the only fix: an all-new, all-different X-Force! Forge leads a custom-made, handpicked team of mutants in off-the-books missions so dire, so integral to the fate of the Marvel Universe, there’s no time to stop for permission!
    It looks like the battle between existence and non-existence as embodied by the Phoenix and the Dragon is finally here, not only from the Phoenix solicit but the X-Force announcement as well.

They've set it up so oddly. We got the reveal of the Dragon in Immortal X-Men with the WHR warning of his coming, but we saw him as Apocalypse instead of who he actually is. We know that being is Jean's ultimate enemy from the solicits for the Jean Grey mini, but not from reading the issue itself. And we finally got the Black Cold Room(or Cold Dark Room which Ewing used and I myself have been using for years because it flows better but never thought they would also go with it), but it was over in Resurrection of Magneto.

I have a feeling this is going to come out of left field for a lot of fans who are missing much of the setup.
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

I was surprise Jean is really strong now in the cartoon in this episode. Maybe they update intro and have her flying around the Blackbird with Rogue & Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I was surprise Jean is really strong now in the cartoon in this episode. Maybe they update intro and have her flying around the Blackbird with Rogue & Storm.
    I also notice that they keep using shots of her from the Phoenix storylines in the opening when i expected those to be cycled out. I wonder if thats an indication of anything

It always irks me that she’s in the x jet while Rogue is flipping around in space.

I was surprised they made her so weak in the original run. I know Marvel didn’t like her at the time but damn. At least now things are changing around esp with her new solo book coming.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I also notice that they keep using shots of her from the Phoenix storylines in the opening when i expected those to be cycled out. I wonder if thats an indication of anything
    You might be onto something there! I enjoy those shots but ur right they usually serve some purpose for preview of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It always irks me that she’s in the x jet while Rogue is flipping around in space.
    Same!! This intro cut away from her fast so you miss the full face shot in the Blackbird too. At least show her levitating herself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I was surprised they made her so weak in the original run. I know Marvel didn’t like her at the time but damn. At least now things are changing around esp with her new solo book coming.
    Always bothered me. She was strong enough to levitate and remain in the air while attacking Juggernaut's mind before ultimately fainting in season 1. Now she look like she does flight with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hypocritical, I suppose...She obviously still loves him so that's a normal, emotional reaction to what has happpened between them and Maddie, but that is hardly damning, going by the reactions.
    I see her as traumatized, conflicted, and lost. And her lashing out at Scott is symptomatic of that. I'd bet money she will apologize to him by season’s end…

as for the rest of the news, I’m too positively overwhelmed to comment, especially after grueling day at work. But I will have much more to say soon.

A toast to us diehards. 🥹🥂❤️
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Man I am not sure the new Jean is the real Jean. I think the real one is Madelyne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I see her as traumatized, conflicted, and lost. And her lashing out at Scott is symptomatic of that. I'd bet money she will apologize to him by season’s end…

as for the rest of the news, I’m too positively overwhelmed to comment, especially after grueling day at work. But I will have much more to say soon.

A toast to us diehards. ����❤️
    I appreciate that Beau has been giving insight on today's episode even though he's no longer employed by Marvel.

People like to harp on Jean because the X-Men put her up on a pedestal, but she's human and acting like any normal person would after going through a traumatic experience. While that doesn't excuse stuff like kissing Logan or getting into an argument with Scott, it's completely understandable given how confused and vulnerable she is right now. Jean is flawed just like every other X-Men character.

Yeah could she even fly in the original TAS? I hope we see her in action in ep 7 though the events in ep 5 make me worried she'll get killed off like in new x-men

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did you just start a conversation in mid air I'm not quite sure what was the point of your sentence?, That scene is from circa issue 34? This well after Maddie being dead then alive again. Read the thread to see why I posted the instance and what it was in response to. That scan is from when Scott was grieving in X-Factor. See the post below:

The episode wasn't too far out of context with how it was portrayed in X-Factor after Maddie "died".

On a comicbook forum?!

The point being you consistently and casually leave out context for all situations that makes Jean look bad. The isn't the first time on this forum, nor this thread just the time I'm pointing it out. You are extremely well read, so if you had that scan readily available I'm willing to bet you could have added some context for your original posts regarding Jean's feelings towards said situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    On a comicbook forum?!

The point being you consistently and casually leave out context for all situations that makes Jean look bad. The isn't the first time on this forum, nor this thread just the time I'm pointing it out. You are extremely well read, so if you had that scan readily available I'm willing to bet you could have added some context for your original posts regarding Jean's feelings towards that situation.
    My point was did you even go back to look at what I was responding to? Because posting that was actually not meant to be a "dig" at anybody. It was in regards to Jeans reaction to a grieving Scott. I never even gave my opinion as to whether I thought of that scene because I too wasn't happy with the showrunner. But that scene was very similar to the 3 scenes that came after those scenes you are talking about which happened earlier on in the run. All I said is that he could have plucked it from that issue. I also had to dig through 34 issues to find that scan. I have a decent enough memory but I knew it was in the issue with the Villain who has made people sick.

Maybe you're right they did feel like two different Jeans that's probably because they are written by two different writers. But he could have very well pulled the scene from the one I posted. Do I think X-Factor is a very good run or well written probably not. I wouldn't recommend it to a newer reader apart from maybe the Right arc but obliviously Jeans ressurection is important to the mythos to know about.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah could she even fly in the original TAS? I hope we see her in action in ep 7 though the events in ep 5 make me worried she'll get killed off like in new x-men
    She flew in the intro

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Jean Grey never struck me as casually exulting in the joys of flying as Rogue and Storm have been shown. Her spectrum seemed to be perfunctory levitating or interstellar travel, with little casual in between.
    It would seem more natural if she were propelling the Blackbird herself, carrying it like a baby bird... or, hell, just have her carrying everyone sans vehicle
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    When Jean says "I flew?" in the hospital after they told her what happened with the Phoenix transformation I thought that was funny a few episodes later in the Iceman episode they show a flashback of O5 where Jean is in original costume and casually flies like it's nothing.