Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1508

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yeah, but people clearly are bigots and self-righteous when it comes to the illusion of monogamy in relationships/marriages. sorry, it great to see characters being "conflicted" or flawed or maybe doing wrong decisions they will regret...or not.
    When people are hurt, they can lash out whether the target deserves it or not. Jean had been replaced and had her life stolen from her. Even if Scott has legitimate reasons to want to check in on Maddie, Jean is going to have real problems seeing that. It's as normal a reaction as I can see for a very unrealistic situation (no o e is going to be kidnapped and get replaced by a clone whose initiation of you is so good it fools super powered senses). Part of love is understanding that not everyone is at their best all the time, and being able to forgive, since we have likely don't things that need to be forgiven ourselves.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's also a I hate what shes doing her scene. I'm 100% certain. But CBR purged a lot of the threads when they did the reboot.
    Yeah this is messy X-Factor Jean and some of us love her for it! They are taking cues from Jean's identity issues she had during the X-Factor era.

I know a lot of Maddie fans hate Jean for what she said on that page, but it makes sense from Jean's point of view.

Besides Maddie is Jean is Maddie is Jean etc. Even more so in X-Men 97 since Maddie had Jean's memories from the beginning and thought she was the real Jean. They are more than clones/twins because they share the same memories and in the comics at least, part of the same soul/consciousness.

PHOENIX #1
    Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS
    Art by ALESSANDRO MIRACOLO
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    On Sale 7/17

LIFE! FIRE! POWER! POSSIBILITY! PHOENIX! Feel the flames on Yasmine Putri’s PHOENIX #1 cover now and stay tuned tomorrow for another X-Men: From the Ashes series announcement!

The costume looks much better here

As one of the most powerful heroes on Earth, Jean Grey stands apart from even her fellow Omega-Level mutants with her infinite potential. This July, the From the Ashes era begins, but as the X-Men regroup across the globe, Xavier’s first student will ascend to the cosmos to fulfill her divine destiny!

Behold the adventures of the universe’s newest savior in PHOENIX, a new ongoing Jean Grey solo series from hotshot Marvel writer Stephanie Phillips (SPIDER-GWEN: THE GHOST-SPIDER, BLACK WIDOW & HAWKEYE) and dynamic rising star artist Alessandro Miracolo (WHITE WIDOW).

During the final moments of Krakoa, currently being told in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X and X-MEN: FOREVER, Jean Grey finds herself at the epicenter of creation and rebirth known as the White Hot Room. What shocking metamorphosis occurs that leads to her adopting a new costume and taking to the stars as the Phoenix? And with her deadly reputation preceding her, will the galaxy kneel or cower before her greatness?

She is Jean Grey. She is Phoenix. She saves the world. She brings death. One woman, alone in space, who not only must do what no one else can: she yearns to. A desperate S.O.S. from Nova brings the Phoenix to the edge of a black hole, where hundreds of lives hang in the balance… and whatever Jean does—or fails to do—will bring darkness to the universe and haunt her in ways she can scarcely imagine…

"Jean is one of the most powerful characters I've ever written,” Phillips explained. "The beauty and challenge to Jean is that she is imbued with a cosmic force alongside the morals, shortcomings, and empathy of a human being. The dichotomy between those two is something incredibly special about Jean, and means that she is constantly doing a dance between humanity and absolute power."

"So, that dance is what we hope to have on full display in this story... a cosmic ballet that shows how beautiful the Phoenix Force can be when working in tandem with Jean Grey," she continued. "And let me assure you, Alessandro Miracolo has made that cosmic dance look absolutely gorgeous."

"This is fantastic! Being an X-Men fan since I was a kid, I’m so happy to work on such an important character like Phoenix, and Stephanie’s writing has been incredible!" Miracolo shared. "Depicting Phoenix out in the cosmos and unleashing her energy has been thrilling and simply epic, and there’s also really emotional moments that I hope to make the most of. I wish I could say more but I hope everyone is excited because this will be fun!"

Last month, fans got their first look at what awaits Marvel’s line of X-Men titles following the bold Krakoan Age with the reveal of three flagship series: Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN, Gail Simone and David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN, and Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN.

The expansive mythos of the X-Men has always made space for additional series that test the limits and explore the far-reaching scope of the mutant metaphor. Fresh spins on classic X-Men titles and startling directions for your favorite mutants are just ahead, starting in July with X-FORCE, PHOENIX, and NYX.

Marvel's tweet about the book reached 1k likes in just 45 minutes. For comparison, X-Force from a day ago is still at 775.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1778107001119084663

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's also a I hate what shes doing her scene. I'm 100% certain. But CBR purged a lot of the threads when they did the reboot.
    Now post the several instances BEFORE this one where Jean tells Scott to go home to his wife and child. I'm not surprised it's you trying to manipulate perception regarding Jean, but I do know if you're aware of this scan you've also seen the scans where Jean told him to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Now post the several instances BEFORE this one where Jean tells Scott to go home to his wife and child. I'm not surprised it's you trying to manipulate perception regarding Jean, but I do know if you're aware of this scan you've also seen the scans where Jean told him to go home.
    Exactly. I don't know why Jean haters are even allowed in this thread. Their useless fake blonde doesn't get enough traction anymore since she stopped being Jean 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Did you just start a conversation in mid air I'm not quite sure what was the point of your sentence?, That scene is from circa issue 34? This well after Maddie being dead then alive again. Read the thread to see why I posted the instance and what it was in response to. That scan is from when Scott was grieving in X-Factor. See the post below:

The episode wasn't too far out of context with how it was portrayed in X-Factor after Maddie "died".

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The guy is grieving bc he just lost his kid. It was a dick move on her part to do no matter how anyone wants to slice it. The timing here given the context of what just happened is worse. Thats where the lack of empathy comes in. There isnt much for Maddie either who has also suffered quite a few losses. Jean was selfish and hypocritical in the worse way.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is the problem with nostalgia pieces...they retread old traumatic stuff that clearly some fans haven't gotten over...30 years later, while the character herself has (been) moved on far beyond and past all of Claremont's melodramatic rubbish.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is the problem with nostalgia pieces...they retread old traumatic stuff that clearly some fans haven't gotten over...30 years later, while the character herself has (been) moved on far beyond and past all of Claremont's melodramatic rubbish.
    In fairness if they kill off Madeylne at the end of the season it's easier to keep Scott and Jean together then having Emma involved and I think that was the showrunner goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Wonder if he’s actually an ally or a villain in the book
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That is Eternity, the embodiments of the Marvel Omniverse. He is usually an ally of the heroes.
    I wonder if that means Jean gets to play in the whole Hickman/Schiti G.O.D.S. over arching story?

Or are Cosmic entities such as Eternity and Phoenix (?) beyond Good and Evil, with the Jean Grey persona being the rudder to steer this one?

Reading the solicits for the concept of the forthcoming series, I'm reminded of Rachels cosmic jaunt where the Force was in control while Rachel's psyche regenerated...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-10-2024 at 12:37 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

On a more current and relevant note...I'm not moved by the Phoenix announcement. I love the idea of Cosmic Phoenix Jean but the solicit didn't sell. I'll see what the previews bring before deciding on this one. Of the five announced books only X-Force has actually managed to pique my interest.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So excited for this cosmic story to happen! I also love it’s not a miniseries as she has proven she can make sells being solo. I hope to see her revive the D’bari people and their planet. I would also love to see her interact with the Shi’ar as she have some unfinished business with them purging her entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    On a more current and relevant note...I'm not moved by the Phoenix announcement. I love the idea of Cosmic Phoenix Jean but the solicit didn't sell. I'll see what the previews bring before deciding on this one. Of the five announced books only X-Force has actually managed to pique my interest.
    I love Jean in space. I am not a fan of the Phoenix force mentioned. I was hoping that they world retcon the retcon in Fall of X.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I love Jean in space. I am not a fan of the Phoenix force mentioned. I was hoping that they world retcon the retcon in Fall of X.
    Whats wrong with the write up and what were you expecting to be retconned?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I agree, it's annoying they haven't gotten rid of the "force" thing.