Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    it would be a new child as Jean has never raised Rachel. And Rachel can never be born in 616. Her time and the circumstances surrounding her conception long passed. Jean having a daughter and naming her Rachel would only be Rachel in name. She'd essentially be the closest to a little sister to the original. She isnt, nor could ever grow up to be her
    I think that's debatable. It's not rare for characters to have different ages in alternate universes or timeline. So she could have a baby now and it could be Rachel, or not be Rachel, probably regardless of what name they give her. Which is kinda funny cause as you said she could name it Rachel only for the child to grow up being nothing like the other Rachel, or she could name it something else and they actually turn out to be a version of Rachel.

Either way it probably depends on the writer if they agree with my logic or not, so err...

Love seeing all of The Jean!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The circumstances and time-line of Rachel's birth was established as very different from the current 616 any female child Jean has with Scott now wouldn't be Rachel. And that's not factoring Rachel being one of those "nexus" characters.

That said...I do think it could be a cosmos-shattering, X-Men-defining storyline if Jean and Scott were to become pregnant with their first baby.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Given that Rachel has long been said to be a child of Jean and the Phoenix, it wouldn't be that hard to make Rachel the child of 616 Jean.

Jean-Prime in the White Hot Room:

Even now I can feel you quicken to life inside me. My Daughter.

Why must I always send my children away to save them?

Now I send you to where you were, and will be.

Child of my heart, child of my soul.

I will see you again.

Rachel...

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Given that Rachel has long been said to be a child of Jean and the Phoenix, it wouldn't be that hard to make Rachel the child of 616 Jean.

Jean-Prime in the White Hot Room:

Even now I can feel you quicken to life inside me. My Daughter.

Why must I always send my children away to save them?

Now I send you to where you were, and will be.

Child of my heart, child of my soul.

I will see you again.

Rachel...
    Rachel is Scott's daughter. She is Jean and Phoenix's daughter in the fact that the two are one, but Scott is the daddy. Any speculation aside, i dont see a purpose in eliminating him from the equation this late. Her role as Mother Askani and place in Cable's history is strengthened by her being his actual blood sister. Rachel has had more character work done with Scott and it wouldnt sit well with me to negate that. Like they literally have no reason to have anything to do with each other. Its their biological connection which is why she latched onto him and why he ever entertained her. Its the context behind alot of her interactions with that family over the decades. Retconning Scot out of that would be along the lines of the mess that Marvel did with Magneto and the Maximoff twins. Sure they've backtracked and now say he loves them like they are his, but we all know its not the same and people are still clamoring for that to be reversed

Rachel is Scott's daughter. She is Jean and Phoenix's daughter in the fact that the two are one, but Scott is the daddy. Any speculation aside, i dont see a purpose in eliminating him from the equation this late. Her role as Mother Askani and place in Cable's history is strengthened by her being his actual blood sister. Rachel has had more character work done with Scott and it wouldnt sit well with me to negate that. Like they literally have no reason to have anything to do with each other. Its their biological connection which is why she latched onto him and why he ever entertained her. Its the context behind alot of her interactions with that family over the decades. Retconning Scot out of that would be along the lines of the mess that Marvel did with Magneto and the Maximoff twins. Sure they've backtracked and now say he loves them like they are his, but we all know its not the same and people are still clamoring for that to be reversed
    Given that Jean has been apparently having psychic sex with Scott, you could argue that is how she was conceived...

Less a physical pregnancy than a divine one.

And instead of being pregnant with a new Rachel or some other new kid, it closes the loop.

Kind of like how Slym and Redd turned out to be Scott and Jean, allowing them to raise Nathan in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Bleeding Cool has published possible spoilers in the form of a list of upcoming series (I heard about this list about a month ago):https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...medium=twitter
    Any opinions/impressions from Stephanie Phillips' body of work up til now? I recognize some of her bibliography but have never ready anything penned by Phillips.
    HARLEY QUINN

WONDER WOMAN:EVOLUTION

BLACK WIDOW &HAWKEYE
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Given that Jean has been apparently having psychic sex with Scott, you could argue that is how she was conceived...

Less a physical pregnancy than a divine one.

And instead of being pregnant with a new Rachel or some other new kid, it closes the loop.

Kind of like how Slym and Redd turned out to be Scott and Jean, allowing them to raise Nathan in the future.
    Rachel is the child of 811 Scott Summers and a Phoenix-bonded Jean Grey-Summers. She shares a genetic makeup of both her physical parents, and due to her mother being Phoenix she also had a unique bond to the Phoenix Force from conception. In a way, the Phoenix Force is a third parent (moreso than to Thor). But no, you cannot in good faith argue that was how Rachel was conceived as Scott and Jean were physically having sex in 811.

All that said, if Jean becomes pregnant and has a girl and names her Rachel, it will not be the Rachel Summers that exists currently. As established by multiple writers and editors, Rachel is a unique multiversal anamoly with no true counterparts. They might look the same but are not.

And this scenario is NOTHING like The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix lololol

Also what evidence is there to actually say that Scott was actually having "psychic sex" with Jean, nevermind conversations with her? Like, she's dead and currently bleeding out with the Phoenix also dying. I get people think his dreams were literal, buuuut I'm not seeing it.

Bloop.

Anything is possible in the comic book medium.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

No, just no. So we lose Rachel as a character to effectively deage her to being a baby? That scenario unnecessarily convolutes things with her. I know the Rachel fans will hate that and Im not sure what it would actually add. If people want Jean to give birth to her own biological child, then that can be done by just giving her that and it not being Rachel.

No, just no. So we lose Rachel as a character to effectively deage her to being a baby? That scenario unnecessarily convolutes things with her. I know the Rachel fans will hate that and Im not sure what it would actually add. If people want Jean to give birth to her own biological child, then that can be done by just giving her that and it not being Rachel.
    It would be a nice poetic touch that need not compromise Rachel’s character—she could retain her consciousness and be sort of a prodigy, maybe even one capable of aging herself at will (after all, she is Jean Grey’s daughter; her powers should know no limits)—but I also see your point. Besides, like you suggested, having another baby could also be wonderful.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Agreeing on this.
    I think the whole "Rachel transfers herself in the newborn" would work in a finite comic. As in, a comic line that is ending. Say, the X-Men are having their happy ending and Marvel is closing shop. Then, it could make sense for Rachel to decide to "sacrifice" herself and finally get the happy childhood/life she didn't get to have in 811 by returning as a newborn.
    (still, there would be the ethics of killing 616!baby for Rachel to take possession of that body).
    But, again, only if the story of the X-Men was truly ending.
    Since it isn't... no.

At this point, I think the Summers-Grey, if they ever had a child together in 616, should get a total different baby. Let's leave Nathan (who is son of Maddy anyway) and Rachel alone.
    (technically could be a Nate Grey, as Nate is the product of Scott's and Jean(not-clone-Maddie)'s DNA but... let's not dwell into that can of worms).
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exac-fekking-tatiously. That tweet is complete scrota.

De-aging her at this point will ruin the character for a very long time. Not to mention pretty much invalidate her entire published history. It will add absolutely nothing and take away a whole lot more. Plus the last thing we Summers fans want and need is further complication to this family tree. Hell-fekkin-no!

And that "possession of a baby trope?" No. This is not Rosemary's Baby which is fantastic and the one and only time it was done perfectly well. That's just lazy, shoddy writing by today's standards.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-11-2024 at 09:09 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

just been reminded yesterday...

Adwoa Aboah as Jean Grey in the MCU!!

Adwoa Aboah1.jpg

She's really pretty. I would enjoy the racists trying to find a way to say they don't like her without being able to say she has the wrong hair color.

I wouldn't mind Rachel being de-aged or transferring consciousness or whatever, because I don't like Rachel and don't feel like she adds anything substantive to the franchise. She couldn't even shine while Jean was dead! Just get rid of her.