Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

[QUOTE=CaptainUniverse;6757571]The Scott/Jean/Logan Love Triangle returns? More at Eleven. [\QUOTE]

Well the show is rooted in 30 year old story telling, but is there anyone still interested in the triangle (was anyone ever?)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was interesting for Claremont's "soap opera drama" at the very beginning but I think with Logan finding his love elsewhere in Mariko and Jean dying leaving Scott to marry Madelyne then her dying and Scott and Jean finally marrying that "triangle" died a natural death, way back when.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    https://youtu.be/J73l7Fpkpic?si=y8CNG3KADXOrOrsC

"Sisters" clip featuring Jean and Storm.
    The hair is not doing he any favors there. She has Madelyne's hairstyle from the 80s

Cute clip! But it has two of my pet peeves. One, when cartoon characters cry and it's a stream lol. Always takes me to comedic anime territory. Two, why are they still not using "Ororo" in the quieter, personal moments?? They do it for all the other characters but because Storm's name is more ethnic, they ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The hair is not doing her any favors there. She has Madelyne's hairstyle from the 80s
    She's still miles ahead of Ororo in that department. Let's count our blessings.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

https://youtu.be/J73l7Fpkpic?si=y8CNG3KADXOrOrsC

I feel like this is the first time in years we've gotten something like this from them, and maybe the only time I can think of in other media where the creators thought it was worth it to elaborate on their friendship. It's one of the things I hate about X-men comics, the guys ALWAYS are given multidimensional relationship, Ororo and Jean's relationship need more moments like this.

The hair is not doing he any favors there. She has Madelyne's hairstyle from the 80s
    Yes, God!

Stylistic choice maybe, but they went all in on making the hair very reminiscent of Maddie's OG hair.

Id LOVE it if Rod Reis was announced as the artist on Phoenix. I thought he did a great Jean in Dark Web
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-19-2024 at 02:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Speaking of the Phoenix title what are you guys hoping for from it?

This year makes 20 years since she last willed the PF in an ongoing title. I've always wondered why something like this hasn't happened sooner, she's the perfect POV character for the cosmic space. But truly, all I want is an opportunity for Jean to spread her wings and engage with the cosmic hierarchy in a way I feel the PF never does. It is almost always left out or excluded from cosmic shenanigans!

The Red Dragon

The hair is fine. Maddie doesn’t have a monopoly on the middle part and Jean has has this style herself before.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

This year makes 20 years since she last willed the PF in an ongoing title. I've always wondered why something like this hasn't happened sooner, she's the perfect POV character for the cosmic space. But truly, all I want is an opportunity for Jean to spread her wings and engage with the cosmic hierarchy in a way I feel the PF never does. It is almost always left out or excluded from cosmic shenanigans!
    I look forward to her expanding and building new relationships, friendships, enemies etc outside of the typical Scott/Wolverine/whoever mutant bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The hair is fine. Maddie doesn’t have a monopoly on the middle part and Jean has has this style herself before.
    I wasnt saying that her hair is bad. I dont mind it but if thats intended to be Maddie, the hair is a dead give away. Thats her hairstyle and considering Jan is also seen with a ponytail, it appears that the speculation that Ponytail Jean is real Jean and hair down Jean is Maddie, may in fact be true. The hairstyle was Maddie's signature look i the 80s and the main thing used to differentiate them back when they were shown drawn together (and when both personas were inhabiting jean's body post-Inferno) It doesnt feel like a coincidence

Last edited by Havok83; 03-19-2024 at 03:20 PM.

The Red Dragon

I wasnt saying that her hair is bad. I dont mind it but if thats intended to be Maddie, the hair is a dead give away. Thats her hairstyle and considering Jan is also seen with a ponytail, it appears that the speculation that Ponytail Jean is real Jean and hair down Jean is Maddie, may in fact be true. The hairstyle was Maddie's signature look i the 80s and the main thing used to differentiate them back when they were shown drawn together (and when both personas were inhabiting jean's body post-Inferno) It doesnt feel like a coincidence

I’m confident that’s Maddie too. But I think Jean will also adapt the longer hair as the season progresses. I think it looks good and is better than the ponytail as it reminds me more of actual comic book Jean.

The hairstyle talk about differentiating Jean and Maddie reminds me of that Post-Inferno period where Jean/Maddie/Phoenix "personalities" were all floating around the same body and Paul Smith would use subtle (or not so..) hair changes to indicate which persona was speaking...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The hairstyle talk about differentiating Jean and Maddie reminds me of that Post-Inferno period where Jean/Maddie/Phoenix "personalities" were all floating around the same body and Paul Smith would use subtle (or not so..) hair changes to indicate which persona was speaking...

Yeah, I always loved those subtle changes.

Also wonderful to have acknowledged Jean's strength of will as well as being the most powerful telekinetic he had ever seen.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Yeah Id wat that too only bc it would be different. Jean as Phoenix tends to be very grounded