Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Did no one wonder why, just before Jean's resurrection, there was an adult Jean Grey running around on Earth? Why she was existing as a psychic ghost like Maddie did back in the X-Man comic after she had died? Only unlike Maddie she didn't have Nate Grey to draw power from, so she could barely manage to even make herself seen or heard.

That Jean clearly wasn't in the White Hot Room awaiting rebirth, so who was?

Where do you get that she was a psychic ghost? Jean in the Resurrection mini was very much the real corporeal deal

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where do you get that she was a psychic ghost? Jean in the Resurrection mini was very much the real corporeal deal
    I think he means the psychic ghost from the Jeen series.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They definitely mean adult jean from teen jean series.

I wouldn’t care too much about that jean tbh. If I remember correctly there were some issues with connecting resurrection mini with teen jean mini because jean mini writer had already planned everything etc and they told him much later about adult Jean’s resurrection (the whole idea of bringing jean back was also made pretty late)

Dennis Hallum: „I always wrote Ghost Jean like she was the spirit of the deceased adult Jean reaching out through the ether to help prepare her younger, time-traveling self for the return of the Phoenix. Whether that spirit was a traditional ghost or something more Phoenix-powered remains a mystery. So… In my opinion, yes, Ghost Jean and resurrected Adult Jean are the same person. When Jean was reborn, that consciousness (eventually) returned to her new body”
    Last edited by Braxxer; 02-25-2024 at 09:34 AM.

I think jean spirit from her latest solo kinda merged with phoenix or at least they connected on some level. Her new physical body started being created in white hot room but jean ghost has never got a chance to merged with it because alive mutants kinda blocked it and mother righteous could also block it with that chains.

There is also a chance jean spirit left white hot room. In one of recent interviews Gillen mentioned Scott’s dreams when he was asked about Jean’s current status

I believe that also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Just popping in during a brief break in writing yet another paper—��—to ptopose this as post of the month. Perfectly and succinctly stated, SugarMan. ������

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...22773011104061

Thanks! I just know that a lot of people are impatient, and want things settled right now! But they’re telling an epic, probably the most epic Jean Grey storyline outside of the Darl Phoenix Saga. It takes time, and you can’t really judge it until it’s over. Will everyone be happy? Probably not. But we have to remember a couple of things. First, there have been a lot of changes to Jean’s official status over the years, and they’re trying to tie it all together in a way that works. I think if they succeed in doing that properly, then future writers will have to honor that. At the same time, we have to remember that just as Phoenix can be “shattered” into bits and pieces of itself, coming together in time, so too can Jean.

Oh thats right. I forgot about that. The JG series wasnt quite aligned with with PR so that was just something to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I think jean spirit from her latest solo kinda merged with phoenix or at least they connected on some level. Her new physical body started being created in white hot room but jean ghost has never got a chance to merged with it because alive mutants kinda blocked it and mother righteous could also block it with that chains.

There is also a chance jean spirit left white hot room. In one of recent interviews Gillen mentioned Scott’s dreams when he was asked about Jean’s current status
    Maybe the souls are so intrinsically connected to the body that they are forced to return to their physical bodies upon resurrection? It certainly would explain how Xavier could just call the soul of a person back without duplicating a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Maybe the souls are so intrinsically connected to the body that they are forced to return to their physical bodies upon resurrection? It certainly would explain how Xavier could just call the soul of a person back without duplicating a soul.
    thats questionable bc Talon and X-23 exist. Her Cerebro upload should have failed considering she was alive and her soul was still with her original body

Yep, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh thats right. I forgot about that. The JG series wasnt quite aligned with with PR so that was just something to ignore
    That's how they are getting away with it, people thinking that anything that doesn't fit or make sense should be ignored, but many of those things do fit... with each other.

You have OG Jean dead and safely in the White Hot Room outside space and time.

Time gets rewritten.

Jeen comes to the present where her future self is also dead, only that future Jean has rejected the Phoenix so strongly that instead of transmigrating to the WHR upon death, she lingers on the Earth as a psychic ghost(like Maddie did back in the X-Man series).

The Phoenix is tired of dealing with Jeen and Ghost Jean(who are the same person) rejecting it, so it decides to eliminate Jeen and resurrect 'another Jean Grey'. 'A pure Jean Grey'. 'A true Jean Grey'.

But, inexplicably, it creates this 'pure' and 'true' Jean Grey from Jeen's 'ashes', so instead of something pure and true the resurrected Jean seems more like a hybrid of the two Jeans. She initially also rejects the Phoenix but upon death she does transmigrate back to the WHR.

And now Jean seems stuck reviewing her memories which mostly match, but also show deliberate discrepancies from the original 616 version of things.

I love this stuff!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean said a couple of times in New X-Men that she has to die to return, so I just assumed Teen Jean had to die for the Phoenix to be able to resurrect adult Jean.

I'm just ready for this to be over. Jean has been knocked out for so long now i haven't even felt a need to follow her stories. I will probably get the very last issue of forever or whatever ends this because i don't suspect jean will get anything concrete until then. I feel like every thing i look at jean is on some leash looking drugged out of her mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I believe that also.

Thanks! I just know that a lot of people are impatient, and want things settled right now! But they’re telling an epic, probably the most epic Jean Grey storyline outside of the Darl Phoenix Saga. It takes time, and you can’t really judge it until it’s over. Will everyone be happy? Probably not. But we have to remember a couple of things. First, there have been a lot of changes to Jean’s official status over the years, and they’re trying to tie it all together in a way that works. I think if they succeed in doing that properly, then future writers will have to honor that. At the same time, we have to remember that just as Phoenix can be “shattered” into bits and pieces of itself, coming together in time, so too can Jean.
    Dark phoenix saga was told in like 10 months we at about 7 months with the jean teases. And it feels like that is all it is, teases that will end up with literally one issue of something actually happening.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Dark phoenix saga was told in like 10 months we at about 7 months with the jean teases. And it feels like that is all it is, teases that will end up with literally one issue of something actually happening.

One issue? More like 5 pages while the rest of issue will be focused on Xavier and sinister

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yupp. Considering where he started to where they are now, other than the Sinisters, Gillenister hasn't really done anything of note with the rest of his IXM.

And...Presumed Inter-office editorial/creative hiccups notwithstanding...the books and stories of the last year and some (even before FoX) have been dreadfully paced and executed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-26-2024 at 09:42 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!